Make Intimidate a "Clickable" skill with uses in combat.

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Associate Dev, DM

ARHicks00

Re: Make Intimidate a "Clickable" skill with uses in combat.

Unread post by ARHicks00 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:50 pm

Young Werther wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:21 pm
http://bgtscc.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Howl

I know I was surprised too.
Not a very good ability as you better off using knockdown, disarm, or Demoralize opponent. If anything, Demoralize oppondnt should be an ability shared by the fighter, frenzy berserker, thug, and barbarian classes respectively.

ARHicks00

Re: Make Intimidate a "Clickable" skill with uses in combat.

Unread post by ARHicks00 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:53 pm

Steve wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:26 pm
What kitten is actually referencing is Demoralize Opponent, which is an aspect of Intimidate Skill.

Intimidate Skill is equally used to make an NPC "friendly" to your...interactions...in order to "...chat, advise, offer limited help, or advocate on your behalf while intimidated."

Maybe my terse response comes across as "bad faith" to some, but really, if Intimidate were to be made as the OP suggests, then wouldn't we also want to balance the request, and make something equal for Diplomacy (well, Bluff already has, right?).

Imagine using Diplomacy skill in order to weaken the resolve of your foe through...nicey talk?!?! LOL.

But now having thought about it in this way, if all social skills were then given mechanical usage, I guess it would be somewhat interesting to put into play! 8-)
I believe in PNP has a feat that convince the opponent in mid battle to either wait out another turn or turn them to your side.