- Posts: 177
- Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:37 pm
A variant of the Stormsinger, who instead of controlling Thunder and Storms instead creates Earthquakes and controls the Earth itself.
Skills: Concentration 8, Lore: Arcana 8, Lore: Geography 4, Lore: Nature 4, Perform 8, Spellcraft 4.
Hit Die: d6
Base Attack Bonus: Medium.
High Saves: Reflex, Will
Weapon Proficiencies: None.
Armor Proficiencies: None.
Skill Points: 4 + Int modifier.
Class Skills: Craft Weapon, Craft Armor, Concentration, Diplomacy, Listen, Lore, Perform, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival.
1 Stonesong (Iron Horn), Spellcaster Progression
2 Embrace the Earth
3 Stonesong (Stonethrow)
4 Damage Reduction 5/Adamantine
5 Stonesong: (Bastion of Stone)
7 Stonesong (Body of Stone)
8 Damage reduction 10/Adamantine
9 Stonesong: (Earth Shatter)
10 Stonesong (Ravage the Earth)
Specifics: At each Earthshaker level, the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if she had also gained a level in a spellcasting class she belonged to before adding the prestige class. If a character had more than one spellcasting class before becoming a Earthshaker, she must decide which class she increases when she gains a level.
Specifics: An Earthshaker's class level stacks with any levels of bard she has for purposes of determining the number of times per day she may use bardic music. Many of the Earthshaker's high-level abilities require her bardic music as well. When an Earthshaker uses her bardic music ability to create a Stonesong effect (see below), it counts as one (or more) uses of her bardic music for the day. Earthshaker levels do not stack with bard levels for determining which songs a bard has access to. An Earthshaker''s level only stacks with the effects of all bardic music if the Earthshaker choose bardic spell casting. If for example, an Earthshaker chooses to progress in wizard spell casting, they will not advance the effects of their existing bardic music. They will still advance the songs per day in this case so the number of times the Earthshaker's songs can be used will increase
Specifics: The Earthshaker can use her bardic music ability to create various Earth-related effects in addition to the normal uses of bardic music.
Use : Selected.
- Stomp: An Earthshaker of 1st level or higher with 9 or more ranks in Perform can use bardic music to generate a Seismic Stomp, as the spell of Balagard's Iron Horn. Her caster level is equal to her ranks in Perform, with a maximum caster level of 30th.
- Stone Throw: At 3rd level, a stormsinger with 11 or more ranks in Perform can use bardic music to telekinetically launch a Boulder at a target. The boulder can be targeted at any one creature within 60 feet, and the stormsinger must make a successful ranged touch attack to hit the target. If she hits, the Earthshaker then makes a Perform check; the result indicates how much Magical Bludgeoning Damage the Boulder deals (double on a critical hit). A Reflex save (DC10 + Earthshaker's class level + Cha modifier) halves the damage. If the creature fails its Reflex save, it must make a Fortitude save (same DC) or be knocked prone for 1 round.
- Bastion of Stone: An Earthshaker of 5th level can spend a use of their Bardsong to gain + 7 Natural Armor for a number of rounds equal to their charisma modifier. This is an instantly activated effect.
- Body of Stone: An Earthshaker of 7th level or higher with 15 or more ranks in Perform can use bardic music to generate a Stone Body effect, as the spell of the same name. Her caster level is equal to her ranks in Perform, with a maximum caster level of 30th. Unlike the normal use of this spell, however, the Earthshaker does not gain Arcane Spell Failure from this.
- Earth Shatter: At 9th level, an Earthshaker with 17 or more ranks in Perform can use bardic music to unleash a terrible strike upon the earth, followed by a blast of pure vibration. The Earthshatter affects a line 60 feet long from the Earthshaker. The Earthshaker makes a Perform check; the results indicate how much Magical Bludgeoning damage the Earthshatter deals (double on a critical). A Reflex save (DC13 + Earthshaker''s class level + Cha modifier) halves the damage. If the creature fails its Reflex save, it must make a Fortitude save (same DC) or take an additional d6/Earthshaker level points of sonic damage and be knocked prone and Stunned for 2 rounds.
The Earthshatter is very strenuous, and uses up two of the Earthshaker's bardic music uses for the day.
- Ravage the Earth : At 10th level, a stormsinger with 18 or more ranks in Perform can use bardic music to cause a persisting Earthquake( DC 10 + Eartshaker's class level + Cha modifier). Her caster level is equal to her ranks in Perform, with a maximum caster level of 35th. This potent ability is quite exhausting to use;, each time it is activated, the Earthshaker uses four of her bardic music uses for the day. This spell functions the same as Storm of Vengeance, however the Acid damage is replaced with Magical Bludgeoning Damage, and the lightning Damage is replaced by Sonic damage.
Embrace of the Earth
Specifics: At 2nd level, a stormsinger gains a +2 bonus on Perform checks to use her Earthsong powers and adds a +2 bonus to her caster level with Earthsong powers.
Specifics: At 4th level, an Earthshaker gains Damage Reduction 5/Adamantine. This increases to resistance to 10 at 8th.
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 5444
- Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:42 am
- Location: Paradise in GMT +1