Happy Holidays

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DivinityDelayed

Happy Holidays

Unread post by DivinityDelayed » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:26 am

As we begin to wind down another year around the Christmas holiday, with the quick sprint to New Year's Day the following week, it is a good time for reflection and being grateful for the year in the past. I imagine denizens of various lands in old times were looking at the winter solstice as a time when they would begin to dig in for winter, ensure that their stores were in good condition, and begin to ration out the supplies until life returned in the spring. For generations past, winter was a lean time of meager means to ensure survival. In most of society here in the US, it's a time of spending in excess, overeating, drinking and watching lame movies on TV with a different kind of fairy-tale on-screen. Did you know most of the Hallmark Christmas movies have the majority of scenes filmed during the summer? Fake Christmas in June, everyone bundled up in 75 degree weather, under layers of makeup, toasting with marshmallows in their coco.

In some ways, what is created here is also fake, just like the Hallmark movies. What we really get to enjoy in this community though, is the lack of lame script-writers. I've continually been amazed at this community's ability to create stories, artwork, intrigue, and build upon the well-loved world of Faerun that was laid out before us. We have talented volunteer staff that help facilitate our enjoyment of this world. I wish to all the staff. a merry merry Christmas. Thank you for all your hard work while the rest of us play.

We have such a talented group of roleplayers here, and I'm proud to be allowed to be a part of it. To breathe life into characters with their own energy, and make something immersive and enjoyable, unlike the fairy-tale in the Hallmark movies, takes a special kind of... well, nerd. From one nerd to many others, thank you all for spending time shaping the world our characters live in. I know for some BGTSCC is an escape, and for those that have sheltered themselves here in the past year I wish for positive change off-screen. I've been there myself, once upon a time, and I can honestly say it doesn't usually get better unless you put in some effort, however uncomfortable. Many of life's challenges are better faced with a party, just like encounters in-game. We are social creatures... after all.

For those that I've personally created story with in the past year, thank you so very much for making my recreation time enjoyable. It is all you wonderful people that keep me coming back year after year. May God/The Gods/The Earth Mother/The Rainmaker/The Mothership/Cthulhu/Whatever Else, bless you all this season. I hope to see you all in the coming year! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Tsidkenu

Re: Happy Holidays

Unread post by Tsidkenu » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:27 am

Meanwhile, once you flip the universe upside down you'll quickly realise that Christmas in the summer is the best time to enjoy the fat of the land and the cream of the crop. All the best fruits are in season, animals fattened on springtime feed, prawns trawled by the tonne and I can walk around in my undies without the lingering threat of inevitable frostbite.

Yep, Christmas in Australia. Who'd bloody wanna be anywhere else this time of year! Have a you-beaut time cobbers!
Formerly the player of

Mae yr Machshikhah - Pryat of Helm [Bio] [Retired]
Schezalle - The Black Claws Baeqeshel [Bio] [Retired]
Araphella - Whispers of Oblivion [Bio] [Retired]
Aeili Azenci - Baelnorn of Mystra [Bio] [Deceased]

Darradarljod

Unread post by Darradarljod » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Merry Christmas team! And don't listen to Tsidkenu (especially when he's only wearing his undies, they cut off the circulation to his brain); Christmas in New Zealand really is a lot better than kissing kangaroos under mistletoe and the constant fear of dropbears in your Christmas trees.

chuck another shrimp on the barbie tsidda m8... <3

All the best to you all for 2019. A safe and happy new year. God bless.
Did you just assume my alignment?

Maecius
Global Admin

Unread post by Maecius » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it. <:D

Now check out this Home Alone inspired adventure that reimagines Kevin McCallister as a kobold:

Link to the Adventure: https://dmdave.com/kobold-alone-1st-lev ... -included/

And for those of you who haven't seen the film, or want a reminder of how it played out, here's the 15 minute highlights reel: