State of the Server (2019-2020)

Getting Started and Connecting, Changelogs and Announcements

Moderator: Moderator

Maecius
Global Admin

Re: State of the Server (2019-2020)

Unread post by Maecius » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:45 am

29 June 2019

Please take note that the 100% RCR period has come to an end. The RCR NPC will now refund at its normal rates, as described here: https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title=XP_Transfering

Maecius
Global Admin

Re: State of the Server (2019-2020)

Unread post by Maecius » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:55 pm

9 September 2019

Greetings everyone,

The past three years have been exciting and rewarding for both Endelyon and myself. Watching this server grow in so many ways has been amazing. Although neither of us really planned to become administrators for BG:TSCC -- it was basically either that or watch the server disappear -- I do think, without putting too many words in Endelyon's mouth, that we've both generally enjoyed it.

That being said, neither of us truly intended our adminship to last quite as long as it has. And we are now finally preparing to pass the reins to the next generation of leaders -- leaders with fresh ideas and new ambition for our home here on the Sword Coast.

Those new leaders will be Miasmata, our Lead Builder, and Zanniej, our Forum Developer.

Sometime this week, we will be setting them up with admin-in-training titles and granting them all of the accesses that we have. Then, over the next few months, we'll be working with them to transition the server.

We'll be teaching them the ropes of what it is we do, moving the server's legal ownership from my name to one of theirs, and so on. We'll also be transferring all of the donation money to a new account managed by one of them -- so that all of your generous donations will continue to give life to this place for many years to come.

Questions about this transition can be addressed to the Global Admin user group, or to me directly if you'd prefer. We intend for this process to be as smooth and unnoticeable for you, the player, as it can be. But we wanted to let you know what was going on before we began transitioning.

Thank you!
Maecius