Storage Removed, what do we do?!

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Re: Storage Removed, what do we do?!

Unread post by Wolfrayne » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:15 pm

I dont ever see there being a vault wipe unless there was some massive massive issue with the game (and even then it would probably just be backed up) It would be unfair to do so because not everyone agrees with the idea. By all means if you want a vault wipe im sure the admin can do so for you but personally i would like to keep what little i do have. I may have been here since 2011 but im not an excessive hoarder so i have very little to show for all that time other than the 3-4 characters i play, none of which has much in the way of valuable loot.

People should be free to do what they want with the items they have earned, This isnt PNP and its not an entirely RP driven server, While it is enforced that you should stay in character there are people who just as much enjoy coming on to grind out monsters and socialize with their little groups of friends. Having storage is not really going to take away from that.
Wolfrayne (Proud Silvanite) - Time is not important.. only life.
Reiker Vexx ("Adventurer") - Fortune favors the bold.
Cyrus Raviin (Conjurer) - Power always comes at a price. The question is, are you willing to pay?
Abraxsis Dul'Khan (Merchant) - Oooo now isn't that shiny?

Maecius
Global Admin

Re: Storage Removed, what do we do?!

Unread post by Maecius » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:19 pm

This conversation is going all over the place. :lol:

The long and the short of it is this: After the next update, you won't be able to use the "disguise trick" to access the bank accounts of the other characters you own. You can either reorganize your storage now so that it makes in character sense, or you can get friends to help you mule it around after the change goes live.

We'll also look into ways to make RCRing easier to do (such as a Nexus-based account-wide storage NPC). No promises. But that is unrelated to the announced change that will definitely be happening and there will be no changing our minds on it. It definitely has to happen.

There are currently no immediate plans to ban muling or to wipe the server character vault.