Elemental Storm

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Quality Control, DM

sir_blacksoutalot
Recognized Donor

Elemental Storm

Unread post by sir_blacksoutalot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:24 pm

Is anyone else experiencing issues getting the Elemental Archer's "Elemental Storm" feat to work properly?

I just reached fifth-level EA and received the Elemental Storm feat. I've tried to use it several times, but it doesn't seem to be functioning at all. I'll try to explain what I'm seeing on my end.

I have Elemental Storm hotkeyed. I've tried activating it two ways. First, I've had targets selected, then pressed the Elemental Storm hotkey. Nothing seems to happen; there's no visual effect, no damage to target, and there's nothing indicated in the combat log. Second, I've tried activating the hotkeyed Elemental Storm without having a target selected, but nothing seems to happen.

Okay, let me amend that — the one thing that does happen from activating Elemental Storm is that the 5-minute cooldown timer starts ticking down. But that's it. Nothing else occurs.

On other NWN2 servers I've played on way back in the day (but of course no longer, because BG has always been the reigning king), the Elemental Storm feat worked great. In that case, I would press the hotkeyed Elemental Storm, which would activate an AOE targeting circle that could be accurately positioned within range. Then once I clicked the cursor, the feat fired off and visually damaged the targets. Having earned the PRC's top-tier ability, it was quite satisfying (and I've been very much looking forward to taking BG's customized Improved version... now I'm not so sure...).

Can we please have the Elemental Storm feat work like that (i.e., with a positionable AOE targeting circle) on BG? I would appreciate if someone from the QC team can look into the current functionality for Elemental Storm. At least on my end, this feat doesn't seem to be activating at all.

Thanks QC team!
Voskul Gloamfathom ~ Shadow Archer: Marksman, Rover, Mercenary ~
Sylvanka Syrengoth ~ Singer-Swordmaiden ~
Vyrana Ravenmoor ~ Priestess of Fate, Harbinger of Misfortune ~
Grum Grognazdiak ~ Dwarven Rogue Arcanist: Skulker, Schemer, Scavenger ~

Valefort
Lead Programmer

Re: Elemental Storm

Unread post by Valefort » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:14 pm

Not sure what was the issue as I couldn't reproduce it but I cleaned up the script and change the targeting so that it behaves as you expect (ie a large targeting circle, as usual this is next update).
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler

sir_blacksoutalot
Recognized Donor

Re: Elemental Storm

Unread post by sir_blacksoutalot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Val, you are DA MAN.

Thank you!
Voskul Gloamfathom ~ Shadow Archer: Marksman, Rover, Mercenary ~
Sylvanka Syrengoth ~ Singer-Swordmaiden ~
Vyrana Ravenmoor ~ Priestess of Fate, Harbinger of Misfortune ~
Grum Grognazdiak ~ Dwarven Rogue Arcanist: Skulker, Schemer, Scavenger ~