Questions regarding paladin kits

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

KOPOJIbPAKOB

Questions regarding paladin kits

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:30 am

I got few questions about paladin kits:
1) There is Solar Channeler PC and Solar Channeler paladin kit — what's the difference?
2) Does kit progression apply from the moment I clicked on "progress as [kit name]", or from the next level I take? Do I lose any feats if I stop progressing as certain paladin kit?
3) Is it possible to switch between different kits? If yes, then:
5) Is it possible, for example, to have 6 levels of crusader, then switch to cavalier and have 5 levels of cavalier, and then switch back to crusader and progress as crusader? If I do so — won't I lose any feats/will it get messed up? And if I have the mentioned 2 kits together, will I lose both spellcasting and turn undead?
6) Is it possible to see somewhere how many levels of what kit do I curently have?
7) You didn't notice #4 is missing... alright, alright!
Seriously, I remember Monk of the Long Death kit was bugged as heck, so I'm a bit anxious about taking kits, and especially experimenting with several at once (although I want!)

upd: I made few tests and it was kinda disappointing as expected. I couldn't select Solar Channeler because, unlike prestige class, this kit requires Angel's feather in inventory — where do I get that mystical item? Does it mean paladin SC is an application-only kit, or is it just disabled? Also, divinate kit is bugged and doesn't give auto extend (but it correctly takes away smite -_-)
(\/);,;(\/)

Known as:
Dasha
Gerfrex
Zul (Zulandi Ukwanda)
Alkor Deezelisk
Zee'Aerie

Please don't metagame my journals.

mrm3ntalist
QC Coordinator

Re: Questions regarding paladin kits

Unread post by mrm3ntalist » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:10 am

The solar chaneler is a PRC. The kit does not work. You can only have one kit for a specific base class. The paladin kits activate one level after you enable the kit. When you log in, there is a message in your log displaying the level of the kit.

Divinate works fine. The spells are extended.
Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!

Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Wolfrayne » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:03 am

Solar Channeler is cleric only here as far as i know.
Wolfrayne (Proud Silvanite) - Time is not important.. only life.
Reiker Vexx ("Adventurer") - Fortune favors the bold.
Cyrus Raviin (Conjurer) - Power always comes at a price. The question is, are you willing to pay?
Abraxsis Dul'Khan (Merchant) - Oooo now isn't that shiny?

kleomenes
Recognized Donor

Unread post by kleomenes » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:33 am

Divinate does work Kopo - but there is a bug whereby if you cast too quickly after your past cast, the auto-extend doesn't fire. I leave a full round between, usually, then it works okay. I count to six out loud; it annoys those nearby :lol:
Characters:
Mel Darenda, Board Member of the Golden Wheel - Amnian Coin
Daug'aonar, Bregan D'aerthe Master of Hounds - Loyal
Dural Narkisi, Knight of the Ruby Rose - Inspired
Cynric, Chief of the Greyfox - Seeking the Salt Shaman
Ameris Santraeger, Cleric of Ilmater, Harper, & Peacock - New Father!

KOPOJIbPAKOB

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:16 pm

Thanks for responses! I tested divinate again and indeed, despite not giving any auto-extend feats, this works (in 80% cases anyway... sometimes it randomly doesn't). It's a shame Solar Channeler isn't available for paladins though, it fits them much more RP wise than clerics, is there a way to make it work for paladins, or perhaps create a separate PRC called "Solar Channeler (Paladin)"?
(\/);,;(\/)

Known as:
Dasha
Gerfrex
Zul (Zulandi Ukwanda)
Alkor Deezelisk
Zee'Aerie

Please don't metagame my journals.

Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Wolfrayne » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:00 am

I believe it was not allowed for paladins for balance reasons but then i could be wrong.
Wolfrayne (Proud Silvanite) - Time is not important.. only life.
Reiker Vexx ("Adventurer") - Fortune favors the bold.
Cyrus Raviin (Conjurer) - Power always comes at a price. The question is, are you willing to pay?
Abraxsis Dul'Khan (Merchant) - Oooo now isn't that shiny?

mrm3ntalist
QC Coordinator

Unread post by mrm3ntalist » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:32 am

There are no balance concerns.

The PRC cannot account for the different BAB of the Paladin/Cleric base class. It would be a nerf for Paladins if the PRC gives medium BAB, A big boost for clerics if it gives High BAB. That is why there were thoughts to make it a kit for both cleric and paladin. In the end it was decided to make it a PRC for clerics. There were discussions about adding a copy of the same prc with high bab for paladins.
Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!