Vasham The Crashing Wave! OOC Notes as well

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

PaulImposteur

Vasham The Crashing Wave! OOC Notes as well

Unread post by PaulImposteur » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:20 pm

((Vasham is a Barbarian Water Genasi, I'm starting at level 1, with no muling, and no quests will be done))
Named Enemies from posts
Hidden: show
Gregor - Bandit Caves (Rogue Large Dwarf)
Nogdar - Chionthar Ruins (Warrior Bugbear)

Entry 1: New Tides
I have arrived on ship into Baldur's after managing to get my voyage from chult to here. I confess, I already miss the warm weather. But at least the ocean breeze at the docks offer some solitude. I've been given many strange glances, though I am not surprised, such is the nature of men.

I was given a task to retrieve some wares stolen by some bandits, North of the Gate. I made my way there swiftly, brandishing my trident. My chain mail feels looser from these last few weeks of being stuck on a boat. I've lost weight and muscle, it shows. None-the-less, I went into their not so well hidden encampment established in some caverns. I had met a dwarf, nearly the height of a full grown man named Gregor- one of their bandit chiefs no doubt. I managed to best him in combat, they he managed to escape as his cohorts managed to stop my killing blow. He would have died honorably, but now, I will track him down like the dog he is.

I managed to gather the wares and return them to the rightful claimant, as well as an arcane sword- I pawned that off to some merchant of little renown.

((Achieved level 2 Barbarian, died 4 times in the process. Soloing on an ECL+1 is a bit difficult, as to be expected. All deaths were caused by crits. Leveling to 3 feels double penalized, the XP dropped dramatically, as well as requiring more experience. This is a rather unpleasant experience and explains why most people recommend RCRing. Water Genasi other than flavor doesn't seem to have stats that compensate well for the ECL justification, when compared to some of their brethren.

The New cooking system adds a ton of survivability at low levels, especially since entering the bandit camp gives you 3 wolves to kill and cook up. This makes this area more bearable as a level 1.))
Entry 2; Eki and Azzy Adventure Time!
I met two new friends today, Eki and Azi! They brought me through all sorts of caves and other things. We met a goblin hoard led by some strange hin woman, dressed in all blacks. I have trouble communicating due to my Chult accent, I have trouble understanding the linguistics of the Coast. It makes me feel quite a bit less intelligent.

None the less it was an enlightening experience, managing to fell the whatever that woman was, leading the Goblins. They came at us in huge waves at first- clearly angry with Azzy littering. He kept tossing random objects all over the ground, almost immediately after a large number of those strange goblins swarmed us. Needless to say, we made sure to burn the rest of our junk rather than tossing it haphazardly!

I had fell in combat, luckily for me, Eki brought me to a temple to be arisen once more. I am in his debt, fortunately he seems a gentle soul.

((Fun little DM event by Spartacus, it was a ton of fun and had a great time. Got to level 4 Barbarian in all the action! XP is extremely steady when partied with people of higher levels, more so than it used to be. This is a very very pleasant change, as it makes the server less frustrating and I never felt like I was grinding nor had to. The increased XP let me focus a bit more on dialogue and felt just as rewarding in regarding to XP.))

Reached Level 4 Barbarian!
Found +3 Chain Mail!
Found +2 Dodge Boots!

Entry 3; Bugging the Bears
I made my way into the Chionthar Ruins, after tracking down a bandit that had escaped me, I was greeted by two large creatures with large maces. After dispatching them, my curiosity got the better of me, and I ran full speed into their own hovel, my curiosity for these strange areas is at times overwhelming. I fought tooth and fin through all of the men until I came across a tall Bugbear who bellowed out a challenge- his name was Nogdar. We battled for a long while, forcing me to fill the room with my shrouding fog just to get the upper-hand. It wasn't long until I had him on his back, his worg pups though came at me and he made his escape, running through the ruins. I have not been able to track him down just yet..

I made my way a somewhat deeper and was greeted by a time to take a rest in a fortified room. They had some sort of strategy plans laid out across the tables. I collected them for another to decipher, I never was one for the written word, especially in this strange Goblin language.
Reached Level 5 Barbarian!
Entry 4; The Darius Proposition
I have made new friends. An air-soul named Mizzie has introduced me to a man that works for the Darius Trading Company, named Nathan. He discussed business pertaining to future work that I could possibly partake in. He seemed well dressed and the building lavish considering their business. I'm sure there's darker secrets here than just some fish catching... None the less, I need to find work on land if I am to survive.
Last edited by PaulImposteur on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 12 times in total.

PaulImposteur

Re: Vasham The Crashing Wave! OOC Notes as well

Unread post by PaulImposteur » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:34 pm

(Reserved)
User Login: Spidertomb
Active Characters;
Rasheeq Al-Azad (Sailor of Hoar)
Unen Faer'xal (Half-Drow, Follower of Shaundakul)

My Gallery of Mods
None of my posts are a reflection of the Dev Team.