Does anyone have any TKL Songs I could have?

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Sanguini

Does anyone have any TKL Songs I could have?

Unread post by Sanguini » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Maining a Bard, and I just discovered the TKL music system! It's hard to get the notes timed right by clicking on them, writing songs is just easier. Does anyone have a collection of TKL Songs I could have?

Planehopper
Forum Moderator

Re: Does anyone have any TKL Songs I could have?

Unread post by Planehopper » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:46 pm

Unfortunately the transcribe/read function doesnt seem to work.

It was reported a long while back, havent seen anyone bit on wanting to fix it. It worked on another server I played on ages ago.

Best you can get here is a screen shot of someone's song, then lots of retyping?
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Zahven Thruel - Mysterious Mage
Wizzelbert Cranksproket - Lantanese Gnome

Escronimu

Unread post by Escronimu » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:27 pm

Hi. I'm playing a bard at the moment (sorry for doing a bad in a DM event earlier BTW - kinda new so I don't understand lots of stuff...).

I found recording tunes almost impossible - instead I painstakingly transcribed them into the TKL performer app. What I found easiest was to break the tunes up into 8th notes and write them out in TKL code on paper first, then just type them in. It can be a pain if you miss one beat though, trying to fix it...

Also I was shown a couple of song books in the candlekeep library that have TKL songs. I managed to transcribe them into my inventory, but can't perform them. Possibly because I need more ranks in perform?... I'm not really sure...

Happy to upload screenshots of the tunes I inputted if you want? But they're just trad/pop songs from the real world...

Sanguini

Unread post by Sanguini » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:54 am

Honestly, I don't mind writing the songs in by hand if transcribe doesn't work. Mostly I just need things like " |: E2 - E2 E2 E2 - E2 E2 E2 - A1 - C2 - E2 - D2 - D2 D2 D2 - D2 D2 D2 - G1 - B1 - D2 - E2 - E2 E2 E2 - E2 E2 E2 - Gb2 - G2 - A2 - G2 - E2 - B1 - A1 - - - A1 - - - E2 - - - E2 - - E2 E2 - A1 C2 - E2 - D2 - - - D2 - - D2 D2 - G1 - B1 - D2 - E2 - - - E2 - - E2 E2 - Gb2 - G2 - A2 - G2 - E2 - D2 - B1 - A1 - - - A1 - - - :|x4| " to copy and have a list of songs I can play.

For those interested, that there plays "What would I do with a drunken sailor" if you switch the Metronome to 400.

I need more tunes like that written in that format.

RedLancer

Unread post by RedLancer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:27 am

Not sure whether it is repeatable, but DivinityDelayed and I once accidentally put one of my songs on her TKL lute. My character used her TKL lute to play a song, and when I gave her lute back to her, the song was still loaded, so she was able to save it and keep it in her song inventory.

artemitavik

Unread post by artemitavik » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:05 am

Transcribe on BG is unfortunately very broken.

You have to convert and enter songs by hand.
Derik Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!!
Deputy Headmaster, Bladestone Foundation.
Proprietor, The Last Anchor

Sanguini

Unread post by Sanguini » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:40 am

Hi RedLancer. That does seem to be the most efficient way to transfer songs. I don't mind getting screenshots of music in the format I posted above and typing it out by hand, but Serenity '01 let me borrow her flute last night and I was able to save the song that was on it to my list.

So for anyone else wondering, if you're playing a Bard and want to learn songs...you pretty much have to learn them from another Bard who's already done all the hard work!

I wouldn't dream of copying someone else's original music without their permission but if it's something someone found on the net and just managed to format into playable music on TKL then it's free game!

AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:21 pm

Can only bards use tkl or can any class with perform ranks?
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.

RedLancer

Unread post by RedLancer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:46 am

Anyone can use it. The number of songs you can retain and how much you can adjust tempo (outside of the metronome tool) are governed by the Perform skill.

DivinityDelayed

Unread post by DivinityDelayed » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Not for the faint of heart... I've been working in the performer tools for a while now, and they have some serious limitations. If you can play a midi keyboard and encode your own midi files and then transcribe off another program, then you'll be in better shape. When it DOES work... it really is a game changer though. We do have an in-game book system that you can write songs into as well. Unfortunately, both the performer tool and the book system do not allow copy/paste from outside the game. I've been thinking of a way to bring an in-game solution to this issue of the transcription not working, because sometimes it's fun to just RP a bard and want to play music in a game without dedicating a ton of time (200+ hours) into writing songs. Tell you what though... if someone has the know-how to make a new tool that is compatible with the old data, and give us more sounds in a hak for violin or harp and such... that would be awesome...

#bardlife
#settingthemood
#celebritybard