Picking up petrified creatures?

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Ewe
Quality Control

Picking up petrified creatures?

Unread post by Ewe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 am

So there's no point in asking why the feature to pick up petrified creatures into your inventory as statues between 11-100lbs made it to the top of the development list. What's developed is developed.

I just am wondering, what would you guys use this for? I'm struggling with this, because I think bringing enemies to town whether or not they are petrified seems like it's probably illegal -- or at least allows for a Trojan Horse fiasco. Moreover, many PCs wouldn't be able to cart around such heavy statues due to strength scores; it seems a bit awkward RP-wise for a PC to have a motivation to do this anyways.

Can anyone think of any good ideas to do with this new feature power-gaming, RP, or otherwise?

I was thinking possibly you can collect creatures and later drop them, un-petrify them, and then dominate them for use in battle or RP. In this fashion it would be sort of like a pokemon collecting and battling system.

*edit* I thought up a new thing to do with it. You could in theory setup a ring or barricade of statues surrounding your PC. This would allow you to attack the white dragon from range where he would be unable to attack due to not being able to get into melee from all the statues in the way.

Zethrenx99

Re: Picking up petrified creatures?

Unread post by Zethrenx99 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 pm

It could be a stepping stone (if not already) to transporting petrified allies out of harmful areas to get them cured by more gifted arcanists? I could find that to be particularly handy in one of my more recent episodes.
Keneki Koga- Fighting his inner devil.
Yuki- Probably sniffing you from a distance.
Varus Montell- Probably blowing himself up with a new bomb

mrm3ntalist
QC Coordinator

Re: Picking up petrified creatures?

Unread post by mrm3ntalist » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Is this in game? :o
Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!