Question about RCR

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Holy Sword

Question about RCR

Unread post by Holy Sword » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:04 pm

Greetings, when you RCR your character does the new character have to have the exact same name? Or could he have a different name but be on the same gamespy account?

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: Question about RCR

Unread post by Theodore01 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm

You can chose any name. (If you have stored items at a merchant, the same name is required to get them back.)

And if you take the same name, it's better to wait until a reset and then recreate the new char.

Account name and CD keys have to be the same, i would guess.

Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Theodore01 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm
You can chose any name. (If you have stored items at a merchant, the same name is required to get them back.)

And if you take the same name, it's better to wait until a reset and then recreate the new char.

Account name and CD keys have to be the same, i would guess.
You can also add a hyphen or apostrophe at the end then request a dm after reset to remove it
"The desire to build a house is the tired wish of a man content with a single anchorage. The desire to build a boat is the desire of youth, unwilling yet to accept the idea of a final resting place."
"The wind and the waves are always on the side of the ablest navigator."

Maecius
Global Admin

Unread post by Maecius » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:31 pm

As the two above indicate, it's not a good idea to create a new character with the exact same name right after you do an RCR. If the server hasn't reset, you will not be able to "find" your new character and an admin may have to intervene to fix you.

A slight variation on the name will prevent the error, and a DM can fix the spelling later (after a reset) to the original name if desired.

The original idea behind the RCR is to retire characters through it, not rebuild them. Although both occur, this means that it's designed to give you back the XP even if you're collecting on a totally different character (as long as the character has below a hundred XP -- or maybe a thousand, I don't remember off the top of my head). Names don't have to match to get the XP.