Cavestalker and Ranger Features

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Quality Control, DM

Okan

Cavestalker and Ranger Features

Unread post by Okan » Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 pm

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my character or not but I can't get Camouflage and HiPS to work on my cavestalker in underground areas where I get the cavestalker activation message. My movement speed is reduced and going into stealth mode enemy spellcasting does not get interrupted and enemies are still seeing/attacking me.

At first, I thought perhaps my Hide/MS might be too low but that would not explain the spellcasting part and I was able to sneak up to the same enemies easily if I went into stealth mode before combat. I've also tried with much lower CR areas where mob spotting skills should not be a problem but I was seen every time without fail when I've tried to HiPS.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Or is it an actual bug to be squashed?
Fignar Brokenshield - The Melancholic Defender
Higan Hammerfist - The Stalker of Caverns

Okan

Re: Cavestalker and Ranger Features

Unread post by Okan » Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Alright, the problem got more inconsistent. I went through Troll Claws where my Ranger HiPS working as intented, made my way to Troll Cave. To my surprise HiPS works now. I grind a bit, leave the cave back to Troll Claws and suddenly my HiPS is bugged again, going into stealth mode but it is not doing anything.

It is the second time I died, going into situations thinking that I have HiPS as a defensive tool. If anyone experienced this or knows a solution I would really appreciate it.

Okan

Re: Cavestalker and Ranger Features

Unread post by Okan » Thu May 23, 2019 1:44 pm

I cannot exactly replicate the bug, but most of the time it happens when I transition out of places where I had the Underdark Affinity active. It does persist through area transition but relogging seems to fix the issue.

Hope this helps to find the issue.