More Skill Points

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Quality Control, DM

Mallore

Re: More Skill Points

Unread post by Mallore » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:16 pm

I am against adding more skill points to any class that would enhance preform, hide, spot, spell craft and so forth. Skills that have a mechanical leverage in the game.

However. Why not unlock epic skill focus. There is no reason for these skills to remain not available to character builds as each of those skills have a built in counter with another skill. Perhaps the only skill would be preform due to some changes we made to its affects on other mechanics.

Let’s have epic skill focus
Jane of Here and There (Jane Price)

...also

Jennifer and A Drow.

Blackman D
Quality Control

Unread post by Blackman D » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:58 pm

there is epic skill focus but only for a handful of skills

probably the only one worth it is ESF heal
everyone is evil till proven otherwise

Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:13 pm

we sould lock this thread now you dont get this game do you? You cant be or have everything on this seerver you cant be a God it is like in the rl you cant be a God

Mallore

Unread post by Mallore » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:24 am

Blackman D wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:58 pm
there is epic skill focus but only for a handful of skills

probably the only one worth it is ESF heal
Yes. But there is no balance reason to leave the rest locked. Maybe just preform like I stated above.

...also

Jennifer and A Drow.

Blackman D
Quality Control

Unread post by Blackman D » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:59 am

except that would drastically increase bard DCs which is why it was shot down

heal drastically increases a persons ability to stay alive, it was a neutral gain and is probably the only mechanical skill that is not apposed by another skill and doesnt really break anything

Mallore

Unread post by Mallore » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:40 am

Blackman D wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:59 am

heal drastically increases a persons ability to stay alive, it was a neutral gain and is probably the only mechanical skill that is not apposed by another skill and doesnt really break anything

Yes once again. Execluding preform.

Why isn’t. Epic Disguse. Spot, hide , listen. , move silent. Tumble, open lock, bluff. The list goes on.

These all have in game counters to themselves by taking the opposing skill while others have only just in game rp value.

...also

Jennifer and A Drow.

Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:33 pm

... you could always, y'know... dump some more points into INT.

You're welcome! *dusts off hands*

Deathgrowl
Quality Control

Unread post by Deathgrowl » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Snarfy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:33 pm
... you could always, y'know... dump some more points into INT.

You're welcome! *dusts off hands*
Great Reader Laitae Lafreth of Candlekeep - (Sometimes lives on the Elemental Plane of Air)
Nëa the Little Shadow

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna

Blackman D
Quality Control

Unread post by Blackman D » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Mallore wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:40 am
Blackman D wrote:

Why isn’t. Epic Disguse. Spot, hide , listen. , move silent. Tumble, open lock, bluff. The list goes on.

These all have in game counters to themselves by taking the opposing skill while others have only just in game rp value.
like i said, heal doesnt really break anything; stealth and detection? instantly shot down and dont need the extra 10 regardless

tumble? completely pointless because AoO DC is only 15 and AC bonus is ranks only

open lock is debatable

bluff would be nice and we tried... but feint makes it debatable

anyway, most skills are either pointless (tumble, knowledge etc) or will deadlock debate / be flat no (stealth, detection, appraise)

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:40 pm

why not add a feat like "smart (hiney)" that grants +4 or +6 skillpoints/level ?

Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:58 pm

no more skills move on this not fun anymore overpower i cant live with out skills

Mallore

Unread post by Mallore » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Blackman D wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:22 pm
Mallore wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:40 am
Blackman D wrote:

like i said, heal doesnt really break anything; stealth and detection? instantly shot down and dont need the extra 10 regardless

tumble? completely pointless because AoO DC is only 15 and AC bonus is ranks only

open lock is debatable

bluff would be nice and we tried... but feint makes it debatable

anyway, most skills are either pointless (tumble, knowledge etc) or will deadlock debate / be flat no (stealth, detection, appraise)

Why not open lock and disable trap? Craft trap. Or other skills that don’t have direct pvp value.

Why was stealth and ms shot down when the counter was spot and listened. That can be taken. Was this because power players didn’t have a feat slot for epic spot? I can’t see an actual arrgument that makes sense. Can you share an actual mechanical reason.

Bluff makes sense on taunt but I don’t think it’s insane.

Epic skills are designed to balance against increased magic use and epic spells. We allow epic spells. But not epic skills to epic characters? It is quite unbalanced and rather striking to me to be odd.

I see no argument against most these skills.

...also

Jennifer and A Drow.

Blackman D
Quality Control

Unread post by Blackman D » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:16 pm

stealth and detection are the most heated skills in the game for one and two they can get over 90 without the extra help... and you really dont want my rogue killer is instant spot everyone on the server :?

there is no point in adding any epic craft skills when there is no use for it and i wouldnt mind disable but there is no point in that one either because you cant set epic traps and you can already disable and recover them without it

the argument becomes is it worth the trouble and is anyone going to actually use them

i had healer cleric that i rcr'd to get epic heal skill, i have a trapper and i would not take epic disable because there is no point to it

bluff? yea id take one that but then people would cry over feint, open lock is fairly harmless tho i wouldnt take it because any typical chest can be opened easily without max ranks anyway - high open lock is only useful in like one spot on that entire server...

practicality with most of the skills is questionable for those feats

Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:21 pm

I simply don't see much point to things like hide/ms/spot getting epic focus, considering you can already hit 100 in them without the focuses. Doesn't having skills over 100 cause issues in the engine?

I WOULD like to see things like "Epic Skill Focus: Lore", which would be giving +10 to all lore skills, or something like that. Let you raise a bunch of skills that are mostly only useful for RP without having to spend a feat on each or something.
Nathan Goldenmane - Knife Fighter of Sune

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Guard and Performer, The Siren's Song

TheKai
Recognized Donor

Unread post by TheKai » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Winterborne wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:21 pm

I WOULD like to see things like "Epic Skill Focus: Lore", which would be giving +10 to all lore skills, or something like that. Let you raise a bunch of skills that are mostly only useful for RP without having to spend a feat on each or something.
This would be fantastic