Rumors & Events of Soubar

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Flasmix
Retired Staff

Re: Rumors & Events of Soubar

Unread post by Flasmix » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:04 pm

The Orc Wirg and Krumarth sit around the fire in Soubar with a dire boar over a spit. The Orcs who live in the little village join him, partaking of the food while they converse in the crude Orcish language. There's a bit of back and forth, but they all seem to come to an agreement of sorts and Wirg heads into the bar to talk to Mags when all is said and done.

"Dey fite fer Soubar, dere tribe is Soubar. Dey wunt lat tu remember." His common is not good, not at all.
"Orcs have to commute long distances to access the resources privileged Elves and Men enjoy."
- Wirg, Social Justice Warpriest

Featherfox
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Featherfox » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:05 pm

Though time passes by since sabotage was detected on the walls of Soubar, Brigitte's watch over the wall has not. She continues her hawk-like vigil to ensure the workers and the wall are protected. Workers on the wall get a friendly smile. People who don't belong near the wall get a warning glare.

AgentOrange

Unread post by AgentOrange » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:10 am

A certain albino tiefling and a cowled woman of short stature held off two large waves of devils, stopping them just before the entrance of Soubar and pushing them back to the Boerskyr Bridge. Tents and barricades burnt in the skirmish, leaving the Ebon Blades camp destroyed.

Several were witness to the tiefling barbarian flying into a rage after the incursion was over, snapping at onlookers and tossing a shovel into the flames. When bandits arrived to survey the carnage on the bridge shortly thereafter, he slaughtered them on the bridge most violently.
.:Jay Lewis:. Ruthless altruism.
Marshal, Golden Shield.
Director of Mercenary Personnel, Golden Wheel.
I'm not the big, bad wolf you think I am.
I'm the medium-sized, morally ambiguous sheepdog.

.:Marietta Starling:. Knock knock.
Freedom will not bring a better tomorrow.

AgentOrange

Unread post by AgentOrange » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:36 pm

Upstairs in the Winding Way Tavern, a man was converted to the Banite faith with a knock-knock joke.
Marshal, Golden Shield.

AgentOrange

Unread post by AgentOrange » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:04 pm

At the Boerskyr Bridge, a comely blonde woman who seemed to possess an otherworldly glow exchanged quiet words with a blind tiefling. She pointed to the ground and upon a whispered command to kneel, he did so. She sat on his shoulders when he stood again as a makeshift soapbox, and she proceeded to deliver a speech to the small crowd guarding the bridge.

The themes included happiness in submission to Bane's will, the loss of freedom spelling an end to evil, peace in totalitarianism, and the flock requiring guidance of a firm hand. A slightly heated discourse about Soubar's political position followed. Eventually, the blonde woman headed south, as composed and unruffled as she arrived, with the blind tiefling in tow.

Hidden: show
Marshal, Golden Shield.

Featherfox
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Featherfox » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Soubar's unofficial wall guardian still maintains her vigil to keep the fortifications of Soubar safe during their construction. She talks with different characters in Soubar, from wererats to pixies to even the mindflayer. Whatever she's talking about she doesn't seem to be happy with the results. Daily, Brigitte speaks with Mags giving reports about the wall's development.

FearBeforeTheFlames

Unread post by FearBeforeTheFlames » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:23 pm

FearBeforeTheFlames wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:04 pm
A bustle of activity is heard upon the Northern Tradeway as efforts are made by several known residents of Soubar in creating a withdrawal camp for the warfront. Tents and supplies are brought out to the evacuation position via teleportation circle cast by Kordren Ivatrix; it's location nestled in the Trielta Hills. With the combined efforts of Baron Greil Nightgale, Kordren Ivatrix, Astere Laroux and many others the camp slowly took shape.

Zeke Slywit and Zeland Belord lended their aid in assuring such a camp was stocked with supplies and reasonably fortified as a retreat position. Alland Lyonson III and Brigitte Degenhardt each rotated watch on the Soubaran wall, ensuring the wall remained ever-watched while assisting in the camp's construction as well. After several days of preparation; the camp was prepared to house any civilian population that may need to escape Soubar. The area was set up with wards of alarm and concealment by Zahven Thruel and Kordren Ivatrix with assistance from Kaitlyn Mendt; and guarded diligently by Kordren Ivatrix and Astere Laroux, whom have taken up temporarily residence in the camp until the situation changes.

((OOC Note: The red arcane circle placable in the middle of the camp would be the representation of the Teleportation Circle. All characters involved were consulted prior to the writing of this PM; and camp was set up in Northern Trade Way for an IG representation of the purpose of this PM. All roleplay involved handled IG.))
((OOC Note part 2: The location of this camp, while in the Trielta Hills, should be considered placed -away- from the Halfling and Gnome communities of the region.))
Alexander Marshall - Duty Bind
Fear "...I had hoped they had known me better than this."
Kordren Ivatrix - A Tale of Loss and Darkness
The"It is inevitable."
Miraj al Mtair Dhafir - The Wind of Change
Flames"You bear the treachery of Shaundakul."

Rain

Unread post by Rain » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:49 am

DM Arrakeen wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:40 am
Rain wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:08 am
"Indeed, as I said. What you bring me is what I pay you for. What you yourself decide to bring me if up to you depending on how much your looking to earn for your troubles." "I'm not asking for hit-men, there are no targets. "And I care not how you produce what I want."

// No problem, my good man.
DM Arrakeen wrote:The mercenary peeled the rest of the meat from the bone, nodding to the hin. "Fair enough. We don't have the time for murdering random adventures now anyways," the thug smirked. "There are enough corpses around for us to pick up, deliver and get some gold," he paused. "Where do you want us to leave these now that Boareskyr is a little bit crowded with wanna-be heroes?"
///This woman appreciates your understanding :lol:///
"I had a small talk with the captain of those ebon blades yonder, seems he doesn't mind where they go as long as their Out-of-sight, Out-of-mind. For the most part though I have a nice place for you to bring them, it's not at all out of your way either. . ."

The hin slides the man a small paper note. (( PM Sent ))

"Drop the merchandise off here as often as you wish. I or another of my guys will come and collect. Afterward once we have it you'll get your pay directly or of course if you need favors or something -special- that can be arranged too, your choice really."
Cerebella Dreambreaker - Insectomancer

Silken Diaries.

Larfleeze Keres Hamoa - Plague Doctor

Batibat Kok-Lir Kasdeya - The All-Seeing Eye

Batibat Journal Logs

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors."

SoThereIWas

Unread post by SoThereIWas » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Some distance outside of Soubar along the side of the road, there lies a mangled, shorter than average, muscular male dressed in leathers that’s burnt up and torn. The body is lifeless. It’s features are burnt by acid beyond recognition, and ears cut off as though by a dirk. A rapier and shield lay next to it.
Vuzlyn Torate
Luan

TheTwiste11491

Unread post by TheTwiste11491 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:40 pm

A darkly clad man steps forward to the Establishment of Pyria the Alchemist and the two speak briefly some even hear of an apology come from the man. Shortly there after he and a handful of the Merchants are seen entering into the Winding Way.
Greil Nightgale Captain of the Ebon Blade