A Letter to Westgate

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Arcane

A Letter to Westgate

Unread post by Arcane » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:13 pm

From Roaringshore a message scrawled on vellum by a heavy hand is sealed in a relatively plain envelope addressed to someone called Borivik and sealed with a crimson wax seal. The letter is sent via ship and courier bound for the city of Westgate.

It's destination - the Quivering Thumb, a fighting arena where warriors (typically slaves) are pitched against each other to the applause of it's gambling spectators.

The message reads:

Blood Drinker.

I doubt you're truly dead you old dog - wouldn't want to upset that demented bitch and her plans would you?

Your old cloak's been keeping me warm.

I've killed many since our clash - Thanks to your lessons and all those bloody tests.

I've settled in a place north of Baldurs Gate called Roaringshore.

Place is like Westgate - full of raiders, killers and pirates. They now know the name of Garagos because of me.

A war worth bleeding for is on it's way here and I'll use it to spread his name further when it strikes the Sword Coast.

Find me here if you tire of your leash.

Bring your strongest.

- Irontusk.

Typed Transcript:
Hidden: show
Blood Drinker.

I doubt you're truly dead you old dog - wouldn't want to upset that demented bitch and her plans would you?

Your old cloak's been keeping me warm.

I've killed many since our clash - Thanks to your lessons and all those bloody tests.

I've settled in a place north of Baldurs Gate called Roaringshore.

Place is like Westgate - full of raiders, killers and pirates. They now know the name of Garagos because of me.

A war worth bleeding for is on it's way here and I'll use it to spread his name further when it strikes the Sword Coast.

Find me here if you tire of your leash.

Bring your strongest.

- Irontusk.