Rogue Questions

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Associate Dev, Developer, DM

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Re: Rogue Questions

Unread post by Theodore01 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:22 am

It's an interesting class for some non sneak focused dex builds and not everyone likes to play hipsters :snooty:

It allows to get e-dodge with monk or acrobat builds. And a 4 level dip is quite useful for WM builds.

Tanlaus
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tanlaus » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 am

Makes sense.

I get that not everyone likes to play hipsters. Kind of fishing around for a non hipster alt build myself. I really like the concept of the whirling dervish, but with rogue as my base it doesn't seem to do much for me.

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:37 am

If you don't HiPS, then ya gotta Bluff.
Storybuilding

|> Henryk UrdeSword of Justice, the New Church of Tyr
|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak
|> Monserrate — Circle of Rust and the Worm

Tanlaus
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tanlaus » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:24 pm

What is a good level of pickpocket to settle on? Or is there any reason to max it?

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:47 pm

Max it to steal the most gold.

Tanlaus
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tanlaus » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:26 am

Great thanks. Might be the most fun skill in the game.

Blackman D
Quality Control

Unread post by Blackman D » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:54 am

slight of hand is one of those skill where you need to figure out why you want it in the first place

if you just want it for rp then put some ranks it but you wont need a lot if you later decide you want the points elsewhere

if you want to actually use it and rob people then you need to max it out, you dont need gear per se, but it is countered by spot so you need to be able to have a decent chance of putting it off against the average person at a minimum
everyone is evil till proven otherwise

Tanlaus
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tanlaus » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:41 am

Blackman D wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:54 am
slight of hand is one of those skill where you need to figure out why you want it in the first place

if you just want it for rp then put some ranks it but you wont need a lot if you later decide you want the points elsewhere

if you want to actually use it and rob people then you need to max it out, you dont need gear per se, but it is countered by spot so you need to be able to have a decent chance of putting it off against the average person at a minimum
For me it's really more about robbing various enemies and/or NPCs. Not so much other players. Do you get more gold from, say an average citizen, if you have a higher sleight of hand skill?

Blackman D
Quality Control

Unread post by Blackman D » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:05 am

its scripted and i cant remember what does what to who

i do remember that its scripted that you cant steal items from players and you can only PP a player once or twice per server reset and its on a 30 or 60 cooldown

and there was some extended script that was added that if someone spots you it calls for help... was super annoying and it was broken when it first went in so im not sure if that one is still enabled

it make the skill unbearable to use so i stopped bothering :?

anyway point being its so controlled no one has any reason to complain about its use against them, but its more about what you are trying to get out of it

but as far as gold from players, completely random it seemed like, sometimes i could get 100ish gold from someone and other times id only get like 10ish gold
everyone is evil till proven otherwise