First Name: Arturi
Last Name: Valdaska
True Name: Unknown (Arturi's mother whispered his "True Name" into his ear at birth known only between the two of them. It is a superstitious tradition to prevent spirits or fey from gaining power over him.)
Companion Name: Sorcha
Weight: 186 lbs.
Facial Hair Style: Short, trimmed.
General Health: Excellent.
Initial Alignment: Neutral Good
Profession: Animal Handler (mainly Horses), Herbalist (mainly Medicinal), Armor and Weapons (and other odds and ends)
Base Class & Proposed Development: Ranger/ more Ranger/ slightly more Ranger/ Hellfire Warlock (kidding, pure Ranger)
Habits/Hobbies: Taking walks, whittling little figurines, spending time with Sorcha, training his pack horse Asha, swapping stories, fishing, attempting to learn the Lute (he never will, poor guy).
Languages: Common, Animal, Rashemi, Thorass, Chondathan, Celestial.
Weapon of Choice: Sorcha....otherwise, a Bow.
Arturi's background is portrayed by testimonials from different people he has crossed paths with, as if someone came asking. It leaves a lot up to imagination while giving some insight into the character's past.
Orjin Bihkesh, a Gur from the Krodali caravan. Spoken to on the side of a road.
Gherod Jenkins, a travelling peddler. Spoken to at a small country inn bar. <WIP>
- To find a new home. Home for Arturi means friends and family rather than stick and stone houses.
- Arturi was taught by his family to have an "Us vs. Them" mentality. While he yearns to get close to "outsiders" or be a part of something, this mentality has a push and pull effect on his decisions and actions to actually try and do so. He works to overcome this.
- To reconcile what happened between him and his family for better or worse. For the mean time, he is avoiding it entirely.
- Do what he can to help the war effort. He can't settle down roots in a place overrun by devils after all.
Possible Plot-Hook Ideas and Misc Facts:
- Arturi is only close to two things so far: Sorcha, his spotted hound, and Fiona the widowed farm owner. If anything were to happen to either it would completely destroy him.
- Arturi ran away from his family. If sour enough about that fact, they may seek him out. The Valdaska caravan and it's people are army camp followers, providing necessary gear, beasts, and services to forces in need. They may take the opportunity to profit off of the war with the devils on the Coast.
- Sorcha was in fact stolen by Arturi from a cruel man with the intent of selling her. This man may come looking.