An Information Depot and Roleplaying Forum for the Server's Annual Campaigns

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Soulcatcher
Soulpedia, Campaign Coordinator

1355 DR - Kheldrivver RP [DM & Player]

Unread post by DM Soulcatcher » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Grendunor wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:32 pm
A dwarf in golden mail can be seen piling up stones to form a makeshift altar on the fringes of the tempurian camp. A greatsword wrapped in a helix of pitch soaked rags is embedded hilt first within the alter.

Beside the alter several crates of ale imported and purchased from the taverns of Kraak Helzak can be noted along with a makeshift bar counter and set of seven stools, just off to the side.

an observant viewer might also notice crates and crates of stone vials labelled To be filled in bold Dethek script, resting atop those a single thirty-pound cauldron inscribed with the dwarven for. Gravy pot
((I've allowed myself to shamelessly steal that post and put it in a campaign thread since this is part of a larger campaign. Anyone involved, or who wants to be involved, can freely post in this thread.))
~All Their Days are Numbered~
~Campaign Coordinator for 1353DR, 1354DR and 1355DR Metaplot~

DM Soulcatcher

Re: 1355 DR - Kheldrivver RP [DM & Player]

Unread post by DM Soulcatcher » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Kheldrivver, a settlement situated roughly between the Troll Claws and the Troll Hills. Hamlet's major features include being built on a small hill which is surrounded by walls*, House of the Binder- A temple to Oghma and The Troll's Nose- a tavern.

Currently, it's also home to a large warband of devouts of Tempus. They call themselves "Followers of the Burning Crusade". The order of the war deity has set up a camp around the hamlet and currently works on preparing defences, setting up a forge for repairs and building a field infirmary**. Anyone visiting the hamlet may see two catapults at the back of the camp- old and weathered, probably claimed from someone else.

A cursory glance may give the impression that their numbers reach around 250 members, give or take.

The Tempurans leave the dwarf building a shrine alone. While the order puts significant emphasis on offering tribute and prayer to Tempus when working together, they allow the shrine to Haela to be made. Whether it is due to Haela being an allied dwarven goddess of War or because the dwarf was part an adventuring band that shined with slaying many orcs, now called The Red Seven by the Tempurans, remains an individual opinion.

*Historically, the two sets of walls were built to keep the hamlet safer from numerous troll incursions that wanted to utterly decimate people living here. They're around 200 years old- knowledge that can be obtained through asking at the House of the Binder
**It's easy to learn for those who ask about the topic that the House of the Binder isn't quite a temple made for healing practices, though due to the dire times, the local priests have agreed to help with that matter as well. Even though, the temple is small and already filled with heavily wounded.

DM Soulcatcher

Unread post by DM Soulcatcher » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Rumorus say that a group of adventurers was sent, once again, to delay the approaching orc-fiend horde. This time, it was to sabotage a forward camp that they've set up along the way of High Moors. Though the battle was vicious, the band has emerged victorious and has bought at least a few days more for the defenders to prepare.

Some of the names of the adventurers may be heard about the makeshift bar- usually while raising toasts to "The Red Seven and the rest of them".

Rotary
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rotary » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:30 pm

Theodoric Rayne approaches the Tempuran Priest near the commander after the hard fought battle at the forward camp near The High Moors.

"Well met Tempuran, I am Theodoric Rayne Favored of Oghma, and Shield of the Whitewood Vanguard. I overheard some of your conversation with the commander and would like to offer the services of the Vanguard in investigating and hopefully dissipating the fog that currently plagues you."

Kaden Asen

Unread post by Kaden Asen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 pm

Just after the second skirmish one of the now blood splattered dwarves started shouting at some of the officers known to him.

"The road 'as to go lads! Gonna 'ave us a outer wall on the near side and trench in the route!"

Putting action to words he produces a large heavy bladed axe, which he employs as a pick and starts to edge the road.

"Pull up the cobbles and shore up the inner wall of the trench. That'll 'old the pig nosed arse rags longer!"

Once he noticed he's working alone, which clearly baffles him, he marches off to find the commander and make his case for building the outer wall. Later that night it can clearly be heard from one of the tents.

I know we'll 'ave to move the bloody forge!"
Thedran: The Rock

DM Soulcatcher

Unread post by DM Soulcatcher » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:52 pm

Rotary wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:30 pm
Theodoric Rayne approaches the Tempuran Priest near the commander after the hard fought battle at the forward camp near The High Moors.

"Well met Tempuran, I am Theodoric Rayne Favored of Oghma, and Shield of the Whitewood Vanguard. I overheard some of your conversation with the commander and would like to offer the services of the Vanguard in investigating and hopefully dissipating the fog that currently plagues you."

The priest, Hallard, is found around the forge area- or rather the area that's being set up for a forge. He regards Theodoric for a moment with an even gaze, then nods a few times - "Ah yes. I remember you. You're one of the adventurers that have been helping us around. Pray, tell me... what is that "Vanguard" you're speaking of and what is it exactly that you can offer?"

Rotary
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rotary » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 pm

The helmeted man regards the priest as he speaks, a reply coming after a moment of him finishing.

"The Vanguard is a company of individuals with varying skills and backgrounds attempting to aid against the infernalists the best we can, while making a living doing so. A few of them were present here recently, Michael Dunn the man in white and red who navigated to the camp with the map and Mirela Ashworth the bardess who inspired our forces on the front."

He pauses for a brief moment considering the other question carefully.

"Beyond what we've already done, we're offering those of both arcane and divine knowledge, adept scouts and trackers as well as a small but skilled fighting force. I'd be most interested to know what was found at the Temple of Oghma, and offer our aid in collecting a sample and investigating the fog."

DM Soulcatcher

Unread post by DM Soulcatcher » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Kaden Asen wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 pm
Just after the second skirmish one of the now blood splattered dwarves started shouting at some of the officers known to him.

"The road 'as to go lads! Gonna 'ave us a outer wall on the near side and trench in the route!"

Putting action to words he produces a large heavy bladed axe, which he employs as a pick and starts to edge the road.

"Pull up the cobbles and shore up the inner wall of the trench. That'll 'old the pig nosed arse rags longer!"

Once he noticed he's working alone, which clearly baffles him, he marches off to find the commander and make his case for building the outer wall. Later that night it can clearly be heard from one of the tents.

I know we'll 'ave to move the bloody forge!"
The Commander makes it a point that they can't achieve a "proper stone wall" before the enemy forces attack. As such, they have to make do with reinforced palisades around the settlement- surrounding the farmlands.

"We're not moving the cobblestone road. We're building around it." - he said, with the voice of a person that already made up his mind upon the topic a long time ago - "We need to dig trenches before the wooden poles with white ribbons strapped to them. That's the current. You in?"

DM Soulcatcher

Unread post by DM Soulcatcher » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Rotary wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 pm
The helmeted man regards the priest as he speaks, a reply coming after a moment of him finishing.

"The Vanguard is a company of individuals with varying skills and backgrounds attempting to aid against the infernalists the best we can, while making a living doing so. A few of them were present here recently, Michael Dunn the man in white and red who navigated to the camp with the map and Mirela Ashworth the bardess who inspired our forces on the front."

He pauses for a brief moment considering the other question carefully.

"Beyond what we've already done, we're offering those of both arcane and divine knowledge, adept scouts and trackers as well as a small but skilled fighting force. I'd be most interested to know what was found at the Temple of Oghma, and offer our aid in collecting a sample and investigating the fog."
"Before I agree upon anything, I'd first like to know how exactly many you have of each those scouts, trackers, fighters or otherwise and what's your current experience in actual warfare. As for what we've found..." - Hallard pauses for a moment, then continues - "...It was a journal, rather old, of an old cleric of Helm that lived in this region once before. However, you might be more interested in that gnome's craftswork. This... strange thing he's creating to "suck" the fog. I don't know much about it, it seems to me like it's some sort of a bogus so that we think that he's more useful than he actually is. You can find him at the local smith's workshop."

Rotary
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rotary » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Theodoric nods a few times upon Hallard finishing.

"A fair enough question, one I'm happy to answer. Among our numbers we have two tracker-scouts, two scouts, one arcanist-scout, one bardess, one bedine soldier, and myself. We have varying experience in warfare, some of us starting as veterans of The Blight War and those that came after. Some of us relatively recent to war, but we all have served in the campaigns of this war against the devils of Dragonspear. Several of us served recently on a path-finding mission for Duke Eltan in which we scouted and blazed a clear trail for him and his Flaming Fist troops to strike a cultist camp."

He removes his helmet and holds it at his side, the man before Hallard is young and he regards him confidently.

"Did you have any other questions for me? If not I think I'll go see if I can get a look at this device and meet the gnome who's crafted it."

Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:43 pm

A blond man arrives to Kheldrivver, and seeks out Utran Dragonfang.

"Sir."

He offers a practiced bow.

"I am Steward Goldenmane of House Darius. I wrote to you regarding supplying you for the coming battles. I came to see what you have to work with and get specific numbers regarding the materials you require. Additionally, I would like to offer your forces my services as a scout. I am willing to demonstrate my skill if needed, and my house-mates Boendal and Gimram can vouch for my talents if needed."
Nathan Goldenmane - Knife Fighter of Sune

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
Guard and Performer, The Siren's Song

DM Soulcatcher

Unread post by DM Soulcatcher » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:05 am

Rotary wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:53 pm
Theodoric nods a few times upon Hallard finishing.

"A fair enough question, one I'm happy to answer. Among our numbers, we have two tracker-scouts, two scouts, one arcanist-scout, one bardess, one bedine soldier, and myself. We have varying experience in warfare, some of us starting as veterans of The Blight War and those that came after. Some of us relatively recent to war, but we all have served in the campaigns of this war against the devils of Dragonspear. Several of us served recently on a path-finding mission for Duke Eltan in which we scouted and blazed a clear trail for him and his Flaming Fist troops to strike a cultist camp."

He removes his helmet and holds it at his side, the man before Hallard is young and he regards him confidently.

"Did you have any other questions for me? If not I think I'll go see if I can get a look at this device and meet the gnome who's crafted it."
"No more questions. A small band like yours can be rather useful, in fact. Let me see if I can find you anything worthy to do. I'll leave a message for you and yours at this camp." - he pauses, then adds - "If you truly want to meet Axley, do be mindful that he's quite... Eccentric. Even for a gnome. Walk up the road, pass the first set of stone walls and you should see the workshop he had holed in." - Hallard then waves him off as in way of dismissing from his presence.

Rotary
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rotary » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:33 am

He dips his head to Hallard and turns to walk up the road in the instructed direction, towards Axley and his workshop.

MadSeer

Unread post by MadSeer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Ralmevik, a shirtless warrior scarred with various runes, had made his way to the hamlet of Kheldrivver, seeking the Tempuran forces. Although possible to mistake the short and stout man for a dwarf such confusion was avoided as he introduced himself as a Rashemi warrior to the first defender he spoke with:

"Greetings. I heard some folks could use a bit of help here. Name's Vik, of Rashemen." He seemed to be examining the situation and the warband's position in the settlement as he spoke. "As far as I'm concerned you're in charge here. I'm a decent tracker and I've got the nose of a bloodhound, but you'll want me blocking the way of incoming forces. How can I help?"

DM Soulcatcher

Unread post by DM Soulcatcher » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:37 pm

Winterborne wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:43 pm
A blond man arrives to Kheldrivver, and seeks out Utran Dragonfang.

"Sir."

He offers a practiced bow.

"I am Steward Goldenmane of House Darius. I wrote to you regarding supplying you for the coming battles. I came to see what you have to work with and get specific numbers regarding the materials you require. Additionally, I would like to offer your forces my services as a scout. I am willing to demonstrate my skill if needed, and my house-mates Boendal and Gimram can vouch for my talents if needed."
Utran is easily found in the camp- generally being relatively close to a large, open tent with a round table inside of it. Upon the table, there's a largely scrawled on the map of the local terrain and a lot of notes written on the sides. Once he hears Nathan out, he relegates the steward to their quartermaster as she's taking care of that - "Taela should be able to handle all matters regarding trade and purchase, you can find her by our forge. We're in need of five wagons of wood and stone- any stone quality will do. Just so that it arrives as soon as possible."