Do players want more quests?

Suggestions for Improving Existing Quests, Ideas for Future Quests

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Associate Dev, Developer, DM

Would you like to see additional quests added?

Yes, add more
77%
No, we have enough
10%
Too many already! Reduce the number of quests
13%

Total votes: 30

K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Re: Do players want more quests?

Unread post by K'yon Oblodra » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:14 am

Steve wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:28 am

3. Obscure wasn’t the word I used. What I said was have quests be a initiation to wide ranging experience of the Server VIA travel. One learns about the dangers of the Tradeway by fulfilling Maltz’ Quest, yes?!

I really like that idea, would just like to add that it would be cool if the hints as to were to go would be a little clearer than in some quests. I don't mean a the quest object is on map "SoAndSo" type of advise but something that would allow people to find out with a little thinking mit just per dumb luck or asking around.

Encouraging RP could still happen via forming groups to actually do the quests or as per the cool idea of group quests.
K'yon Oblodra
Associate Necromancer of the school of Necromancy
Silent seat for the school of Necromancy

gedweyignasia
Custom Content

Unread post by gedweyignasia » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:41 pm

When I say more sadistic with the quests, I meant make them more challenging/harrowing to players. This may have been a little creative interpretation on my part, but I'll see if we can grant that wish that it's entirely possible nobody made and turn the challenge up to 11 for some of these.

I'll see what can be done about providing more detailed directions in quest assignments. Certainly if a player is asked to kill the chieftan in a damnable orc cave, they should have directions from the nearest landmark.

Group quests are tricky. It shouldn't be possible for one person to fulfill the entire group's obligation while the rest play cards in Candlekeep, but it definitely makes sense not to force a party of six line up to talk to Matty and Malcom Burrows in order to find their six lost keys. In implementing future quests, we may advance the quest state for all party members in the current area who were at the previous state. Perhaps we would only let the party leader decide how to turn in the quest, since that provides some options. (I realize Party Leader is an often used as an OOC mechanic, but perhaps it would be wise to make that choice IC!)

With regards to eviler quests (towards players, not Evil), Hoihe's post seems like an invitation to send folks to
Hidden: show
the library at the end of Ulcaster.
I like the idea of sending higher-level players to higher-level areas instead. Fine, so Stewart Hipp prooobably doesn't have a package that needs to be delivered to Avernus, but the Torregir Mining Company might have heard of people returning with darksteel from the Shadow Realm...

The possibility of a quest-like activity to "unlock" a dungeon once per reset also feels kind of appealing. Maybe the first person through the Minotaur ruins needs to find a key to the gate, or pick the lock with a high DC. (Of course, this brings about the concern of getting out if you resume your dungeon run after it's interrupted by a reset, but surely you get the idea.) It's definitely a good thought to bring "dungeoneering" more prominently into the server.
Janet Deckert - "Don't be coy."
Aya Dreys - *ignores <character>*
(bios for all of my characters here)

Balthomer

Unread post by Balthomer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:39 am

More quests would mean less need for grinding (people will still grind) but it would be nice to have teamwork quests where you need others to finish them...like someone to input a code to open a door for the other pcs on a diff side or something

Tanlaus
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tanlaus » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Balthomer wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:39 am
More quests would mean less need for grinding (people will still grind) but it would be nice to have teamwork quests where you need others to finish them...like someone to input a code to open a door for the other pcs on a diff side or something
I agree. Reminds me of that stone giant keep in the trollclaws that you need a group to computers.

In addition it would be nice if there were some epic level bounty quests that need a group to complete. Like going after the balor and/or white dragon. Things that would be worth a lot of juicy xp, maybe only available to epic characters but not- as far as I can tell- really soloable.

Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:21 pm

how about fix those that is broking