- Posts: 115
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:13 am
Got an odd issue, bought new set of nwn2 game from GOG and im using my old cd keys. Mostly it works fine now but ive noticed that i often drops out of game for example when casting spells or in combat, or Walking thorugh a transition, ive seen the screen turn black for 1 sec or 2 sometimes game continued sometimes i drop out of game and have to restart. Any clues what it might be causing this?.
Bought a new computer (lenovo) some week ago so im out of clue if its a setting in game or something else
got window 10 now
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 2349
- Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:32 pm
krighaur wrote: ↑Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:45 amDo you use the client extension ?
It solves a lot of bug and help greatly with freezes or crashes at area transition.
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... -extension
- Posts: 418
- Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:02 am
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:58 am
- Location: hibernating
- NWN2 sometimes think your connexion is bad, in spite you have a top speed connexion. Known solution, install CE which prevents
* The client should no longer crash when the loading initial area after the character selection screen, when the initial area has creatures with certain VFX or animation parameters updating.
* Animations (particularly terrain scrolling while walking) no longer begin to stutter or "chunk up" in NWN2 after the computer has been running for several days since its last reboot.
* The networking code responsible for sequencing and reliability over UDP in the game client is replaced with more reliable code (if you apply the
extension before logging on to a game server). This works around several data corruption and data loss problems that result in some transition crashes
during a zone transfer.
- NWN 2 doesn't know how to use multi core CPU. You may have the faster computer in the world and NWN will run on only one CPU and heat your GPU more than the latest game with awesome graphics. Solution install an FPS limiter, like dxtory.