Archmage Arcane Fire and mastery of shaping

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Developer, Quality Control, DM

K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Archmage Arcane Fire and mastery of shaping

Unread post by K'yon Oblodra » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:23 am

The Archmages Arcane Fire and mastery of shaoing are supposed to take away their respective spells on first activation of the their ability however they use up the spell at rest...

Would be cool if we could use it as described so that one could use a 9th level spell more if one so desired instead of always losing it no matter if I used the ability or not.

Also arcane fire has no gfx whatsoever... Could we just add the warlocks standard blast gfx to it?
K'yon Oblodra
Associate Necromancer of the school of Necromancy
Silent seat for the school of Necromancy

Deathgrowl
Quality Control

Re: Archmage Arcane Fire and mastery of shaping

Unread post by Deathgrowl » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:23 am

All the high arcanas expend the spell slots sacrificed for having those high arcanas upon rest. I think that's intentional. Maybe the description is unclear/outdated. But this is working according to the PnP Archmage (although ours is expanded into 10 levels, but has buffs in other areas in comparison to the PnP one).

It is unfortunate that Arcane Fire doesn't have a VFX. That must be a mistake, because I think I've seen it before. Maybe something fell out. Devs?
Great Reader Laitae Lafreth of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Lieutenant Tialysana of Aglarond and Doron Amar

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna

Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:30 am

who will fix what it need to be fix?

K'yon Oblodra
Recognized Donor

Unread post by K'yon Oblodra » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 am

Deathgrowl wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:23 am
All the high arcanas expend the spell slots sacrificed for having those high arcanas upon rest. I think that's intentional. Maybe the description is unclear/outdated. But this is working according to the PnP Archmage (although ours is expanded into 10 levels, but has buffs in other areas in comparison to the PnP one).

It is unfortunate that Arcane Fire doesn't have a VFX. That must be a mistake, because I think I've seen it before. Maybe something fell out. Devs?
Would be cool if it was fixed, the description actually states that the spell is only used up once you use the ability for the first time... Which would be a huge quality of life thing, I mean I use it a lot but if I for once wanted that extra spell it would be cool if it were to be possible.

So yea the description sadly is wrong for all abilities you can activate.
K'yon Oblodra
Associate Necromancer of the school of Necromancy
Silent seat for the school of Necromancy