Warlock spell

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Developer, Quality Control, DM

Lockonnow

Warlock spell

Unread post by Lockonnow » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:32 am

I find odd that a warlock cant cast Planar Binding in the OG of nwn2 look here go to 1.46

Arcane

Re: Warlock spell

Unread post by Arcane » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:00 am

It's confusing because I've read stuff in the past that claims Ammon Jerro was envisaged to be more than just a warlock, mechanically that is.

So he's apparently supposed to be more of a wizard/warlock hybrid lore wise - otherwise he'd not be able to do stuff like planar binding as you've pointed out (short of using scrolls / items with abilities etc).

On the other hand, even though he's presented as a wizard several times, I recall him saying he pretended to be one (weaker than he really is) because this would be accepted where as telling the lords of Neverwinter he consorted with fiends would not.

So there's the argument that he's a warlock and only a warlock, just one that's been around so long he's learned stuff beyond standard warlock invocations largely related to binding demons and devils etc.

In any case - I largely think they present him as a full class warlock to show case the class when the game was first released.

A 10/10 wizard / warlock wouldn't be that strong either.

P.S. Hope I haven't spoiled anything for you assuming you're playing the game for the first time. :)
Last edited by Arcane on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vortak Irontusk - Half-orc champion of Garagos, Hellstorm Crew - Biography

Androoh - GMT / UTC - RETIRED

Lockonnow

Re: Warlock spell

Unread post by Lockonnow » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:40 am

well i dont know what hellfire warlock prc give by spell but that one could have made it all the way the planar binding spell sould we do that if not you need to be a hellfire warlock to get the spells well i hope it work for the dusty tome