Exclusive guild shops

Suggestions for Improving Existing Area Maps or for Altering Area Maps to Reflect In-Game Plots

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Associate Dev, Developer, DM

Balthomer

Exclusive guild shops

Unread post by Balthomer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:06 am

So, as we know, some guild areas have exclusive shops, that should be accesible for all server population, so far this seems the case with all shops, except the shop at Doron Amar, which is unaccessible by drow players, ofc course, getting there as a drow would recquire an AFK tag, which is fair, but its bothersome that you cannot get inside the town at all, what if my high appraise char is a drow and i want to buy the melodic chainmail?

even at darasha, u can access the guiild shop as a drow, maybe change the location of Doron Amar smith?

Endelyon
Retired Admin

Re: Exclusive guild shops

Unread post by Endelyon » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:19 am

The same is true for any guild shop really, if you get banned from the Thayan Enclave ICly because you cross the Thayans then you can't enter and shop without an AFK tag up (as it would be considering godmodding of their NPCs). The idea was only ever that the guild shops would be OOCly accessible to anyone, not that they would be ICly accessible to everyone.

On the other hand, I could see a case being made to move the DA smith to the front of the map just to make it less annoying to walk all the way back to it. :D But speaking from my own player perspective I believe it should ultimately be a decision made by the guild itself.

I know I'd be insulted and feel bypassed at least if I made a guild map and made all those blueprints for my guild shop (as we do require the players to do all their own dev work) and then was told by the staff I had to move my NPC somewhere else because other players felt like I put it in an inconvenient place. Clearly the answer is to bribe Ravial to move it directly with offerings of cash or beer.

Balthomer

Re: Exclusive guild shops

Unread post by Balthomer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:04 am

Problem with DA shop is that you need dimension door/ get someone else tp buy it for you 100%.

The thing is, its impossible to get into doron amar even with an afk tag.