Increase duration for Strikes Feats PAL/BG

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Associate Dev, Developer, DM

Steve
Recognized Donor

Increase duration for Strikes Feats PAL/BG

Unread post by Steve » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:05 pm

The PAL/BG spell-feats are:

- Burning Strike
- Blessed Strike
- Disrupting Strike
- Divine Retribution

These spell-feats state they last for 1 Round. But that isn't exactly how they work in Real Life application. Because it is not 1 round as it would be for the PC, but 6 seconds by the Engine clock. And, since it takes 2 seconds to re-initiate attacking after casting the spell-feat, and then Attacks are done in waves that take in account the APR of each enemy a PC is facing, the real life result is that this spell-feat option lasts usually for only 1 APR, when it should last for up to 6 APR (depending on the build...but most likely 6 for a PAL/BG).

Considering these spell-feats also have Saves involved, and a cooldown, it doesn't seem too much to ask that the last for 2 rounds at least. Because then I'd argue they are useful to apply to the game play, instead of being a "that's cool...but I wish it would actually help me!" type of Feat...and one that isn't used much at all. At least, by this PAL/BG PC player!!!

Please?
Storybuilding

|> Jon SmythePath of the Mindful Blade & Seafarer
|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak
|> Monserrate — Circle of Rust and the Worm

Blackman D
Quality Control

Re: Increase duration for Strikes Feats PAL/BG

Unread post by Blackman D » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:32 pm

steve, how did you make a paladin blackguard in the first place? are you cheating?! :naughty:
everyone is evil till proven otherwise

Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:45 pm

BG is Body Guard, in that case.
Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Not guilty of any crimes. Semi-retired

Bob Thairo: Wiser man, Knight-Commander of Darkhold and of the Ebony Scepter, most often played nowadays

Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:39 am

Blackman D wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:32 pm
steve, how did you make a paladin blackguard in the first place? are you cheating?! :naughty:
Ha! I never, ever, ever, ever cheat. Never! :naughty:

Nonetheless, I also never, ever, ever, ever make gimped builds...and I'd say a Paladin + Blackguard would be such a build. :naughty: :naughty:

Anyway..., in this case the 2da for these spells lists BG or Bg as acronym for Blackguard (BkG or whatever!!!). All the descriptions are like this.

Storybuilding

|> Jon SmythePath of the Mindful Blade & Seafarer
|> Simsae OrcslayerStonesinger of the Telormar Gultor & citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak
|> Monserrate — Circle of Rust and the Worm

Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:35 am

and please replace the "avatar" for these strikes with the same meachanic as "blinding strike" uses.

chad878262

Unread post by chad878262 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:25 pm

I am fairly certain that the spells list Blackguard because they were originally included as a part of Rasael's spellbook replacement system which would have given Blackguard a proper spellbook. ;)

to the point of the topic, they do essentially cost a spell slot, probably no harm in increasing that on activation duration from 6 seconds to ~12 seconds. Same could probably be done with the Ranger spells like bladethirst and the arrow spells.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands

chambordini
Custom Content

Unread post by chambordini » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:24 pm

chad878262 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:25 pm
I am fairly certain that the spells list Blackguard because they were originally included as a part of Rasael's spellbook replacement system which would have given Blackguard a proper spellbook. ;)

to the point of the topic, they do essentially cost a spell slot, probably no harm in increasing that on activation duration from 6 seconds to ~12 seconds. Same could probably be done with the Ranger spells like bladethirst and the arrow spells.
You know, you keep mentioning Rasael's spellbook system and how it could've given blackguards a proper spellbook, and that it wasn't implemented because it was all or nothing.

And honestly I know folks repeating what they were told probably, but that's just so false, we could totally implement a blackguard-only fully custom spellbook spellbook.
Last edited by chambordini on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chambordini
Custom Content

Unread post by chambordini » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:25 pm

chambordini wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:24 pm
chad878262 wrote:

You know, you keep mentioning Rasael's spellbook system and how it could've given blackguards a proper spellbook, and that it wasn't implemented because it was all or nothing.

And honestly I know folks repeating what they were told probably, but that's just so false, we could totally implement a blackguard-only real spellbook.
I'll even say this, the original issue his full spellbook had, the reason which blocked its full-sized implementation, it's likely fixable. I'm talking about being able to hotbar those spells.

chambordini
Custom Content

Unread post by chambordini » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:28 pm

chambordini wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:25 pm
chambordini wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:24 pm
chad878262 wrote:

And honestly I know folks repeating what they were told probably, but that's just so false, we could totally implement a blackguard-only real spellbook.
I'll even say this, the original issue his full spellbook had, the reason which blocked its full-sized implementation, it's likely fixable. I'm talking about being able to hotbar those spells.
So yeah, sorry for completely going off tangents, but if anyone has the files feel free to send it to me, it might be on the vault, otherwise I probably wouldn't bother for a long while.

chad878262

Unread post by chad878262 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:26 pm

Dude, I was just explain why the spell listed paladin or blackguard. I couldn't care less, just trying to offer explanation. As to all or nothing we discussed as nauseum in QC and yeah everyone said all or nothing so go for it...or don't *shrug*
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands