Amazing DM event with some few notes

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Hakken2

Amazing DM event with some few notes

Unread post by Hakken2 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:10 am

Hello and fantastic DM event last night against Dragonspear. Sadly i had to go after the server crashed and i hoped everything was a successful after that.

Great work of you even due to the extensive lagg and crashes.

Some notes:
  • Is it possible to remove all attack notifications in the chattlogg? due to lagg and battle i couldn't see anything what others and DMs said?
  • Some Dms when speaking through a NPC didnt show up att all in the chat.
  • Would be great if all DMs had a specifik text color, it would aid greatly when a lot of things happening. Perhaps also ad DMs name before so its clear whom to pm if there is a question OOC, especially if talking through a NPC.
Thanks for all the heavy work, rest a little now and let new ideas come and fill the server with joy.

Best regards
Hakken2 aka Bhor Stoncutter

wangxiuming

Re: Amazing DM event with some few notes

Unread post by wangxiuming » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:42 am

It was a great time!
  • Is it possible to remove all attack notifications in the chattlogg? due to lagg and battle i couldn't see anything what others and DMs said?
- Yes, right-click and hold your chat window until a dropdown menu appears. Make sure the "Show Combat Info" selection is not checked (when it's checked, there's a little circular icon that shows to the left of the selection). You should stop seeing combat-related feedback (spellcasting, attack and damage rolls, etc. Unfortunately, this also disables some information like if you receive an item, gold, or XP - make sure to turn it back on when the DMs indicate they're going to hand out rewards).
  • Some Dms when speaking through a NPC didnt show up att all in the chat.
- It could be you were not close enough to the NPC to hear what they were saying. It may also be that you had "Show Dungeon Master Messages" or "Show Normal Chat" unchecked from the chat window dropdown menu. I generally always double-check these things if I find I'm not hearing what DMs are saying (which happens to me a lot for some reason)
  • Would be great if all DMs had a specifik text color, it would aid greatly when a lot of things happening. Perhaps also ad DMs name before so its clear whom to pm if there is a question OOC, especially if talking through a NPC.
- All the DMs today had the letters "DM" before their names in the player chat window, if I recall correctly. If you find you can't identify which DM is talking because they're using a NPC, however, try using the DM chat by prefacing your message with "/d" without the quotes. This will broadcast your text to all the DMs and the appropriate DM can reply to you. Note that sending them a message this way won't reflect in your chatlog - only DMs can see what is actually being said on the /d channel).

Hopefully that helps!

DM Hatos
Associate DM

Unread post by DM Hatos » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:44 am

Hakken2 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:10 am
Would be great if all DMs had a specifik text color, it would aid greatly when a lot of things happening. Perhaps also ad DMs name before so its clear whom to pm if there is a question OOC, especially if talking through a NPC.
Heh, I've actually gotten into the habit of using gold when I'm DMing (as opposed to when I'm just making OOC comments). It gets a little hard to keep up if I'm in a hurry, though - for instance, if I'm trying to get a message out before the NPC gets killed.

Hakken2

Unread post by Hakken2 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Thank you for the tips. If i only new this before :D

Will aid me greatly under next DM event

Best regards
Hakken2 aka Bhor Stonecutter