Zart Traz: How to be a Dragon

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Jim Power

Zart Traz: How to be a Dragon

Unread post by Jim Power »

What is the point of aspiring to anything if not something greater than you are?

Is it even possible to undergo such a drastic transformation?

Zart

Zart is a terrible name! But its a name he chose himself, made it up in a flight of fancy..

His last name is just the first name in reverse!

Traz

Traz, you never thought about things very much did you? The matron at the orphanage never liked you.

Brandishing sticks like weaponry, listening to the tallest and fantastic of tales from storytellers in town.

Whats it like in your mind?

What are you even like? Can it be quantified?

CLASS: Barbarian/Dragon Warrior

STRENGTH: HIGH
CONSTITUTION: HIGH
DEXTERITY: AVERAGE
INTELLIGENCE: AVERAGE
WISDOM: BELOW AVERAGE
CHARISMA: AVERAGE.

You don't measure up to what you aspire to be.

A dragon.

Why oh why a dragon.

Why not a cooper? A miller? A fisherman? Anything but a dragon.

But the heart wants what it wants. Even the impossible seems plausible with the right attitude. Especially in the mind of Zart.

Does he understand the ramifications of his love?

His favorite color is Blue! Thus his favorite Dragon is the Blue Dragon. A simple minded man dead set on the impossible.

Blue dragons are known to be evil, but such paltry facts of nature do not bother him despite being a heroic sort set upon goodness in the world.

By the gods, he doesn't even have heritage associated with dragons, his bloodline as human as human can be...

Disturbingly human.

Despite not even knowing his parents, still human all the same.

Dragon Warrior? Indeed. But his training is incomplete. For good or for ill.

"I want to be a dragon!" His heart sings.

And that song is his story.
CHARACTERS:
ZART TRAZ: A DRAGON (Not Actually a Dragon)
BRYDEN BRONVALE: Mr. Toughguy warrior pants.

Jim Power

Re: Zart Traz: How to be a Dragon

(An excerpt from Zart's Diary)

ENTRY ONE:

Dear Journal,

I am practicing writing so someday I can write a great book about dragons. Then I can give the book to candlekeep so I can read more about dragons in their library!

I met some kind of elven wizard who told me I don't have enough butter to be a dragon since my toast is too small. Dragons have more butter.

Makes sense, since dragons are so big. They must be able to hold .... (there is a digression here, scrawled and crossed out words before returning with) HUGE amounts of butter.

Thank you Journal. I hope nobody reads this.

ENTRY TWO:

Dear Diary,

Does calling you a diary mean you are a girl? Or do you like being called a Journal...?

I wish everybody would treat me like I was a dragon. Big, powerful, full of butter.

I bought a really good sword and bracers recently. My hoard of valuables is pretty heavy, I might sort through all this someday when I have the time.

I don't think I need TWO bastard Swords... or do I? Maybe they can get married and have a baby bastard sword. Is that possible?

Thank you for letting me write in you Diary. Hahah, that sounds weird to read.

ENTRY THREE:

Dear Journal? Diary? How about Dijournal,

Dear Diajonal,

I cried again when talking to someone. I don't see very many folks cry. Is that bad?
CHARACTERS:

Jim Power

Re: Zart Traz: How to be a Dragon

ENTRY FOUR:

Dear Diary,

I met two dragons today. I can hardly keep a steady hand to write. They even let me travel with them for a while!

They helped me out with writing that book I am working about Dragons on so I can get into Candlekeep to read more about dragons!

I learned so much, my head hurts! I hope to meet more dragons. I was worried no dragon would ever speak to me.

I hope I can serve them well. Maybe someday they can show me how to be a dragon too!
CHARACTERS: