Journal of Ril'tyrr Do'neld

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Habitu

Journal of Ril'tyrr Do'neld

Unread post by Habitu »

//Please do not metagame any information from these pages, thank you!
Last edited by Habitu on Wed May 06, 2020 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Habitu

Re: Journal of Ril'tyrr Do'neld

Unread post by Habitu »

Second of Mirtul in the Year 1356

I fear I had not written anything on my initial arrival to the Sword Coast and more specifically Baldur's Gate, how forgetful of me. The journey was long but I had made it and thankfully had confirmation from a stranger I met on arrival, though I do forget her name already...But I had wandered around and met a number of others who have also journeyed here or are from the Coast.

One such being I encountered was Amicia, a quiet woman but astute in the Arcane arts. I daresay I was in awe of it when we fought against foe together only on happenstance, but we have come to speak often enough and she has learned about my previous member she offered me this day to become my Mentor here upon the Coast. Suffice to say I accepted and have hope that what I have learned by book already she can help me to put it to action and further any shortcomings as well as different understanding I may have.

Note: The final syllable of the Polymorph incantation can be held when one is uncertain of what may lie ahead before oneself, when the threat is seen oneself can finish it in quick action and be properly prepared.

R. D.

Third of Mirtul in the Year 1356

This was an exhausting day, Leander, Robert, a few others along with Brillvingoth and I encountered an Orc who claimed itself Gore in the Orc Den, though I had not known certainly it was an Orc until it was felled and I removed its helm. If it was a Half-Orc it was quite hard to tell and I did not spare thought upon it. But to continue to what occurred..

As often with the Orc race the beast made unintelligent remarks speaking upon how I was a 'Small and Smelly Elf' or other such lowly dredged insults. It had deemed to make threat towards my companions and so I threatened in turn stating "If it harmed the human I would run it through with my blade." The Beast settled for a moment and my revulsion of it grew as it remained near. The Beast at one point in it's enhanced size, done by item imbued, had dared placed it's hand upon my head, I gave it one warning to remove it and then Leander tried to dispell the Beast which only set it off. The aged Human known as Leander, I was caught by surprise to which I am ashamed to say, and the Beast had felled Leander. It took up defensive posture and claimed it was making attempt to leave though it earlier followed us into a dead end room. We believed it a lie.

I stepped towards the direction it required to go to be far from my sight and gave it the direction required. Of all incidents the Beast decided it would want to take me as a Slave, by no means was I having that. Unfortunately the Beast was stronger than I and had grabbed me up, Brillvingoth and the others set into motion to free me. The Beast let me loose to defend itself and in turn I also helped to lay it low. When the Beast was unconscious and on its back I had thought to end it there and be rid of its vile presence but...and I do not know why I stayed my blade, turned to move deeper into the Den and let it remain. Perhaps I should have finished it off and I fear I may later regret that decision.

My day was ended with welcome company of Brillvingoth we spoke of much and I even at one point earlier recommended him to Michael, if he wishes to take part I fear I may have overstepped my bounds even if he says else wise. Brillvingoth is a wanderer like myself though I believe we both see the need for aid here and as he made mention of trying to do good wherever he goes. I have hope for both of us that we each can do so, however that is done together or apart he is one I call friend but do not know if I would be the same to him.

R. D.

Fourth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

Very little occurred today as I was wrapped training and studies, I did not speak much to Brillvingoth or Robert this day. I fear I must make amends for how distracted I was...

But later in the eve I had contacted Ernest as he had desire to speak further and wipe away any confusion I may have had. We were able to meet up in the Phoenix Rising Inn and I learned quite much about him. Though I cannot say if all was in truth for I do not know and my ability to discern tells are not as adept as I may desire, but perhaps with time spent I will be able to tell with him. I can only hope and believe that what we spoke of was in truth...he is a man of many guises and while I hope these false faces do not lead him astray or leave him to forget himself I would still count him friend as it seems he does me. This would be the first for me until I heard the same from others I have met. Our conversation went well on far longer than I perceived and sudden aid called from another was required of him...but this call I presume was a foul hand of darkness...is there a chance in time I will learn more and perhaps help him avoid such possibilities....? I do not know.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Fifth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

I was able to catch up a little with Brillvingoth and apologies for my distracted mind while we battled against Wyverns. All seems well with him though I have not heard if Michael has approached him just yet, hopefully that will come soon enough..perhaps I should send for both on the morrow and see if they are able..

I also met a few new faces today, Bjorn a friend of Raganhar's who is also a Northman and Pathan both recent arrivals to the Coast. They are both quite adept in their martial style of shield and blade. Bjorn seems strong and both body and mind allowing him to fend of many a foe with little harm to himself, Pathan I noticed took opportunity to find an opening upon the foes who were focused upon another allowing him to deal severe blows, a use of stratagem and he was able to keep any harm from his own person as well. They are both interesting fellows and I enjoy their company, perhaps we will have more chances to travel? Another that was alone with us was Eva, another of the Vanguard like myself and an aspiring Arcanist. Though I stated to Amicia, my mentor, last eve or so that I was no teacher I felt it best to...perhaps I lectured more than informed...that she should attempt to broaden her versatility and knowledge of the Arcane.

I instructed that she should make use of the incantation invisibility when the threats around her seem far more fearsome than can be handled, remain under guise and summon creatures to assist you in battle. I do not know if she noticed and I did not wish to bring it up but when we fought against the Xvarts I had placed her under the Invisibility guise hoping to keep her from harm as she was not yet up to par for such foes. Unfortunately soon after Magic Missiles struck out from her to the Xvart foes...breaking the guise. Though we did not have trouble keeping her from harm, it was still quite risky...and when she and I had ventured into the Gnoll Den on the Lion's Way. Well I do not know if I had not prepared her correctly but there was an incident and she had fallen, I still do not believe I reacted correctly as I should have and I had to rush her to the nearby Temple as the Kits I had would not be enough...she is well and that is what matters, I still feel as if I had failed her though in that moment. Hopefully I can overcome and learn from this mistake.

After the incident we attempted again and Drego a wandering Bard had joined us, I am thankful for his presence as between he and I we were able to keep an ill circumstance from befalling Eva again. Perhaps again it was my shortcoming. We slayed a number of Gnolls and the Beholder that dwell beneath, after such Eva had to depart our company and it was Drego and I until meeting Emmanuel a local Druid and his wife Ashling.

They invited us to accompany them to the Yuan-ti plagued lands nearby in the High Moors, an area I had yet to travel to. We traveled to their Temple and quite a sight it was both outside and within, this structure was quite an expanse of stone. We pushed through the temple with Emmanuel in the lead and made it all the way to the lair of the Queen, a terrifying sight to be sure yet we were able to fell it though there were a few close calls upon Ashling. After that venture well they took us below to face against a Black Dragon of all things...though the Queen was terrifying by her own right. This Black Dragon loomed in its cavernous den far larger in size than any of us, I thank the Daughter of the Nightskies that I had placed the Greater Heroism incantation upon myself or I fear I may have fled at the sight of the Black Dragon....Once again Emmanuel had faced our foe head on and Ashling seemed to find the Dragon's ire and almost perished...I placed Displacement upon Emmanuel and then Drego and I assisted Ashling as well, he saw to her wounds with an interesting ring I will have to inquire him about and I placed Displacement and Stoneskin upon her, we both went to aid then Emmanuel and surprisngly we both landed blows...though it was nothing compared to the work Emmanuel had done. The Dragon fell and I hope that is the last of that to be seen...I fear for this Coast and hope I can aid it...

At some interval between all these travels of mine I had come across Leander, Robert, the silent one, and a halfing I have seen a few times. They invited me to join them but I had declined for I knew they were venturing to below the Surface...I just I cannot understand why they have these desires to go below. Heaven Eva did and came across multitudes of issues I fear I reacted poorly as I seem to do with these occurrences...I worry, I worry for them all that they do not understand or comprehend where they travel...nothing good comes from there.

Towards the end of the evening I met with my Mentor Amicia and we spoke on the School of Enchantment, I do not think I studied as well on the School as I should have, I may have to find some material to better my knowledge. But she was tremendous in help as we discussed where I was in our lessons, she even showed me her sanctuary and if I could not find her that she was usually there. I hope to learn more and all that I can from her while I step towards my goal.

Oh dear...I hear the birds outside my room's window and fear I have spent too much time writing....also I may have seen a Dhaerow on the surface though I am not certain....best be cautious..

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

OOC WARNING: There are elements and mention of suicide within the post and mild gore.

The new day recounting would be on the next page of her journal as the previous was an ink smeared and streaked mess as if something tried to escape its pages.

The writing of this recounting would hold many held splotches of ink, as if the quill was held in place for some time.

Sixth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

I do not know where to begin....I do not know if I can achieve what I have dreamed to be....I lost my Mentor Amicia and here I try to piece my thoughts of the day as if that would help the anger I hold at my failure. Drego speaks truly though he said "Now is not the time for what if's Ril'tyrr. Remember her, avenge her and stand up for those that are yet left.", I cannot lose sight of what I wish to do because I misstep once, this....Evil for I have no name for it must be stopped and I must make sure other Elves are safe, I do not consider myself a Bladesinger yet even if I have mentored under one previously before arriving here, but that is what a Bladesinger would do...at least one that had not lost hope...

Amicia, Drego, Freyja and I had traveled to the Foothills of the Cloudpeaks where we helped to fight against the Giants that plague the area..while we had we noticed one of the Giants as it fell near the Ruin before us held a numerous amount of deep scars from claws. Drego soon enough noticed that we were being watched and then we were attacked by Ghouls...We felled them all....Black ichor oozed from them and seeped into the earth leaving the Ghouls to shrink and wither....my flask of fire sending them to dust.....but the Ichor soaked into the earth at an alarming rate, it was not normal...the area, once it had disappeared held a sense of dread that I could not shake, and not long after the Ichor shot through the surface of the earth and moved towards the entrance of the Ruins, leaving a wake of dead grass in its path. Drego attempted to stop it but I do not think it provided proper desired results. We had also noticed claw marks on the walls of the Ruins which made it seem that the Ghouls had been there for sometime. I called upon Taz'kar, my bat familiar, and he took to the skies allowing me to see the Ruins from above. What I saw was horrific even to something like the Giants....their bodies were mutilated and ripped apart limbs and entrails along with bodies were formed into a sigil that I will always remember...Drego and I had copied it into our respective books, the page before this one is where I had sketched it to completion, I leave it for my knowledge and to know it cannot be copied so easily..

When I noticed the ink begin to distort and move likes worms across the page I closed the book immediately only to find it oozing out from the pages, I do not know if it was similar to the Ichor, I have to test it...but Drego and I were able to gather a sample. It seems inert but...we will see with further study...during this something..something happened to Amicia my mentor...she collapsed and tried to be near the place where the Ichor first started to move into the earth. She seemed to be slowly losing herself and I decided to pick her up, only to find that black ichor trickling from her nose. Drego used a Restoration scroll something I hoped to help but it did not...I had nothing, we had nothing. My repertoire of incantations was depleted and I had no time to prepare to help her so we ran to Nashkel and as we did she was turning...turning into a Ghoul before my eyes. The ichor was falling from her lips and nose in rapid rate and she spoke something I do not know...I did not recognize the language and then she called my name...before attempting to bite at my neck. I was able to stop her, she struggled and spit, the spittle hitting my bracer thankfully and not me...I do not know if I could have contracted what she had if it had...Drego at my request knocked her out with a swift blow to her head. We raced to the Temple, and came before the Priest there in as I begged his aid.

He placed his Holy Symbol of the human Deity Helm upon her forehead, and thumb against the bridge of her nose as ichor oozed out of her....I had never heard a place become so quiet as I waited beside Drego...the silence was pooling around me like a lake of water the lack of sound other than my pounding heart was deafening. Suddenly Amicia began to seize and shake under the hold of the Priest, Drego said it was an exorcism and soon enough the Ichor burned out of her leaving the Priest quite exhausted. But she woke up! She was returned my Mentor was safe. We had saved her from this Evil....but then she was speaking erratically, asking where she was that she saw the Priest in the Tombs and mentioned tombs but she did not truly answer our questions. she tried to run and I caught her..I should have held on...why did I not hold on, why did I let her go...she said she needed to be let go as it would try to force her to kill me. I thought she needed time but I should have known....I still think I should have done more....for after I let her go and asked Drego to do the same...we had talked, moved outside and what span of time that did not seem long at all I am informed by a sending that Michael had heard rumor she had killed herself in Baldur's Gate....he said that from what he heard she tried to create some symbol but the rain washed it away...I thank the Daughter of the Night Skies that it is constantly raining on this Coast...that it was not completed. But I also failed in my aspiring duty.. I let her go...I let her go..I failed at protecting.

I fear I do not know if I can write any more this day....Drego has seen me to my room at the Phoenix Rising here in Beregost and he offered to stay nearby to know that I was alright. I accepted and only if he let me pay for his room...I am glad he was here I fear for what may have been the outcome of myself if he was not..I think I will settle into my reverie now and rest for tomorrow...I wish to know if that sigil will remain in blood...what attachment it may have that Drego would state it was Abyssal, what or who it was in depiction of and why did it have familiar sense to Blood Magic...

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Seventh of Mirtul in the Year 1356

Where do I begin...This day started off slow if I am to be honest, I awoke and decided I would make my way out to Greenest to see the Temple of Chanteau for some reason I thought perhaps what transpired the day afore was just some terrible twisted memory of my own. We Elves do not dream, I do not know why I hoped that this one moment I might have. When I arrived of course I found it empty and with no sign that Amicia may have been there, after spending some time within the Sanctuary she sought I departed and teleported back to Baldur's Gate. I fear my memory is waning about everything that transpired, I traveled with Leander, Robert, Jillian in brief fashion, and a Sarah joined us in our excursion at the Nashkel Mines. At one instance I had been bested in the Mines by the Duergar, the foul creatures that they are, but in part to those around me I recovered well enough to continue and face the Devilry lying within..A Pit Fiend. Perhaps I underestimated myself or those I was traveling with but I did not expect us to fell the Fiend as we had. Soon after we returned to the Gate and Ezrel came up, we spoke about Amicia and our intentions of seeing the cause stopped, hopefully soon.

I should really put small notes of what I have done as I go for the wisps of time have been overridden by other more impacting memories. Most of my time this day had been spent in the company of Drego, he has been quite the confidant to me of late especially with what we both experienced. We traveled to the Xvarts and saw to helping push back their sudden growth towards the road, we were successful and decided to return to the Gate, though just before I had to perhaps insist on what was so amusing to him. To which I was soon surprised to find that he had for some time desired to ask me to dinner and between my insistence and his answer I had returned us to the Gate.

After selling some items found and offering a Longsword to him for trade in payment of my dinner, even if he intended anyways. I will say I was amused with his nervousness that he portrayed, though I was not without my own. We agreed to meet at the Elf Song after changing into more proper attire, though I still fear I may have overdressed for it. The dinner and conversation was enjoyable even if he was nervous throughout, and I seemed to become a flustered mess of myself....more than usual. Am I so easily swept up by the attention of another? Something I have not had prior to coming to the Coast but since my arrival I have noticed...well I think I have noticed a few who have come to enjoy my company, be it of friendship or something more than that.

He had confessed a certainty of not wishing to leave my side, that he would rather die before doing so. I am not sure what I have done to gain such words of honor and compassion from another. I do feel a bond with Drego especially over the last few days what it is I have not figured out yet and he is an interesting man who has been closer to me in my life than I knew. We had departed the Elf Song and took a walk through the Palace District while we had I had asked to touch his horns, I feel so embarrassed at myself for asking something that was likely quite intimate with just a thought of that I have never done so..They were smoother than I thought, I had inquired if he had wanted to seek out his heritage seeing as he is unknown to it other than Abyssal. I offered when he wishes to help him research, I am quite interested myself. Eventually we ended up at the benches near the Theater near by, conversation was held further until I had to depart to see to my report. He escorted me to my room and soon after his intent to depart he had pressed a tender kiss to my cheek...I was, well I am still a bit warm as I cannot find a word to fit better at this time. I do have need to clarify though where he sees our bond with his confession I do not wish to read into anything or assume people's feelings towards myself, as at times I have trouble reading others emotions towards me...I worry in my asking it may hurt him in some way and I do not want that...After all these thoughts I decided to patrol the Northern Roads to clear my head under the night skies. I traveled all the way to Corm Orp and encountered a curious individual.

He goes by V'et a human who is also an Arcanist, I was uncertain about him at first but with our continued conversation he became less so and was easy to talk with. We spoke on much and during this he had informed me that he had never touched an Elven ear before...as he too is an Arcanist I allowed him...

I had known of how sensitive they can be to touch but I..I did not expect my reaction and embarrassed myself yet again. I do not know if he noticed, I have hope he did not and it will just be a forgotten memory to him. But his touch was.....It is hard for me to put what I had felt into words....soft? Gentle? Innocent? During this I had informed him of the sensitivity and meaning, as for some it can be quite an intimate touch. He was apologetic and removed his hand, even though I had allowed him to do so...he inquired about further studying my race through myself and I accepted with intent on studying him as well...

Oh by the Seldarine I hear the birdsong again...but much has gone on for me since my arrival which was not many days ago, though because of it all it feels as if I have already been here a lifetime...I hope that Michael will gather the Vanguard so we can see the threat destroyed that befell Amicia...I should cease these thoughts so I can find my reverie.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Eighth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

I am going to start writing an outline of my day, as by the time I get to my journal well let's just say there are a few details forgotten.

I had met up with Rudolf at the Friendly Arm Inn an odd feeling to think it had been some time since I had last seen him but perhaps because of regular sights it but seems that way? We spoke on our studies and he seems to be curious upon the Vanguard..though why I am unsure. Is he wishing to know or but wanting to know for the organization he follows. Well if he wishes to learn it is not my place to say and I will leave that best with Michael as I have been anyways. We departed to head to the Gnolls encountering Eva and Panthan on the, they had just returned and it seemed it had not gone well, we grouped together along with a few more, V'et and some others, and headed back in pushing through the den with relative ease. I believe we had a few calls but I am writing this two days later and my memory wanes as it aught to do...

Upon return Michael was finally able to speak with Panthan and he joined the Vanguard as well! I will certaintly say I am glad for it as the man seems to have good intent and I enjoy is company, I have hope that I will be able to learn more about him as well as the others when the opportunities arise. I but fear on how to brooch knowledge of that sort...it is not specifically my forte as the Martial and Arcane are. Well that is what occurs when one studies only and does little else...Drego at some point among all this had told me Jillian had been attacked, as a wonderful friend I am I forgot to ask how she was so I aim to do that today. He said she was alright and those around her saw the bandit downed, but even still I hold worry.

To explain my own forgetfulness I had to rush off for I was late to....to Amicia's Funeral. I was not prepared assuredly for the emotion of it all and cannot perceive why the connection seemed strong. For what was spoken I learned that I knew even less than I thought...the words were far more intimate than my own experience and after they had finished speaking a deafening silence grew and it but reminded me of her, the Priest and what transpired within the temple. Silence brings the memory forth, though I have never and will never forget...I but now have a distaste for any sort of silence. After I had departed my mind was mostly upon Amicia's incident and pondering on what could be done. What I can do.

I had been heading to the Troll Claws to clear the thoughts that swirled in my mind's eye when V'et sent to me, I detoured to Corm Orp as I felt it would be best to speak with another over hewing trolls with acidic blade. He offered to help with the darkened cloud above me and I am appreciative but as I said it was finding that I knew little while feeling we held strong ties. On a happier note he had baked me a divine vanilla pastry....I should have saved some. Then had the audacity to tease me with it. Mildly infuriating yet I was amused as well..he had mentioned in brief that his thoughts had been upon me but as I said then it was likely because of our agreed upon Research, and naught else..? We have not known each other long and perhaps their is attraction as I am being told quite often by the other Vanguards that Michael will have need to 'Beat them off with a stick or charge them' to have my attention. I am heavily embarrassed every time with these such statements... perhaps they are attracted to me in some way be it physical or else wise but until I figure it out myself or they speak it clearly...I am oblivious I am sure. How exasperating..As I trialed into some thoughts I should mention that V'et offered to walk alongside me with my and his studies, each of us mentoring the other. Though I declined and perhaps I regret that at this moment but I feel it is too soon...Naming her my mentor is the only connection I have now and when that is gone, so will she.

Well to move on past that thought afore I sink within, V'et had suggested enjoying a ride on a ship back to the Gate unfortunately...the waves and I do not agree on anything and though I thought I hid my apprehension, he had picked up on it and decided against I know on account of me..instead he took my hands and we moved into a start of a dance though without song, but I did not mind. Until this was interrupted by a sending from Michael Dunn requiring me for a Patrol in the Fields of the Dead...I will say I was disheartened at being called away, I was enjoying that moment but I have a duty as well and V'et seems to understand and others.

When I caught up to the patrol they had mentioned encountering a Necromancer and were in search of hunting them down. The description was a bit lacking though likely due to the suddenness and the man fleeing them. He was described as an older humanoid man, wizard hat...I presume here the pointed top that drops as all claim to be but any hat worn can be a wizard hat...small pet peeves set aside the man was possibly a Wizard and or Warlock and also wore robe which may have been blue but Michael could not say for certain. At this time the Necromancer's trail was lost and we headed into the Vault of the dead...a truly horrific place filled with the roaming Undead...the patrol pushed through and what was seen I am curious as to why this place still stands...but perhaps their is a source I am unaware of that prevents the destruction...

Along with the patrol I had met a few of the Order of the Radiant Heart, most that seem to speak with me were Aaron, Lance, and Tashia...I feel as if I am forgetting another or two but each were well in company. Tashia I appreciate for her earlier showing at the Funeral of our own even if it was but in support of another and in our few instances she has been easy to speak with, Aaron was quite focused on his task and I fear I did not speak with him too much, and Lance was also easy to speak with and seemed jovial even amid the sights of the Vault. After the excursion Michael had inquired for my aid to look into this Horn along with the others, I have hope something will be at least useful from our findings.

I believe after I may have traveled with others to return to training and ended up in conversation with V'et before I sought out my Reverie. A welcoming end to the day of mine.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Ninth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

To start this day Eva had sent for me in mild alarm, she had seen a Necromancer in the Baldur's Gate Graveyard and informed they had ran into the Mausoleum. I had asked her to depart for my piece of mind of her safety and so that she could inform any other Vanguard. I went within the Mausoleum and searched the area from top to bottom with no luck of sighting the Necromancer. Perhaps it will be found but this has been two incidents of a Necromancer sighting and I imagine more to come...

I gathered with Drego, Panthan, Jillian, and V'et to the Foothills of the Cloudpeaks, I wanted to find if there had been recent scarring of Ghoul claw marks on the bodies, or if our encounter had caused that Evil to flee this place. During this search Panthan and Drego had fallen, I was able to recover them both nad see them aid by the Priest in Nashkel but I noticed Drego did not take the encounter well. His anger towards being unable to hold his mind steady which gave cause for him to attack me. I hold no ill will towards him for it, he was not himself. I am ashamed I had not provided proper protection but now I do know. Now he knows and either he can learn from it as I have or fall prey to it. Though I am capable of protecting him, I am not sure he would desire it and have want by his own merits. Before any more discussion could be had I was called away for a Patrol with the Vanguard. We traveled to the Troll Claws to aid against and undead force, on arrival there was a numerous amount of hands I cannot begin to know all the people there. From what I could gather we were there to see to the Undead issue and we had, there unfortunately is not much more to it and if Michael had written report I can but refer to that if required.

Mostly this day was made up of varying patrols with the Vanguard and people, excursion into the Fields of the Dead and Troll Claws again with the Guard before I saw to some research of my own. Later I then patrolled the Vanguard route on my own to Corm Orp. Eventful day and yet at the same time it was not.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Tenth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

In my walks to collect scrolls, Brillvingoth crossed my path! It seemed as if it had been quite some time since I saw him last. At the time he was in the company of an Elf named Azariah she gave title, as it seems many are often to do on this Coast, stating she was of House Vale and a Master of the Arcane, Master? It is quite a long and arduous task to be able to claim being a Master, most have call this title just because they are capable of the Ninth Circle and that is it. I do not know her well enough at all and I do not wish to presume, but certain titles should not be taken lightly when claiming. Other people seem to use titles just to ram it down what they have done for the area as if a new stranger should bow to their feet. How preposterous! But enough of that or I fear I will ran until my ink runs dry on the matter. While Brillvingoth and I were deciding our path I had sent to Michael on what the Vanguard wished to do, instead I got a return reply for help and Brillvingoth and I raced to the Fields of the Dead as fast as we could. But we had been too late, I was too late again....

I came before those of the Vanguard and some Radiants finding those with the Vanguard mostly safe, but a few of the Radiants...Lance, Aaron, Tashia, Hymly, and the female who wore a Purple Cloak of the Radiant their bodies lay upon the earth the Fist Patrol having returned them closer to the Gate...Others had been able to bring breath back into them all and though I find this greatly reckless and put those who were with them at even greater risk, those who had fallen instead of taking time to recover marched back in with the rest of us to see to what was left, how frustrating and worrying for me on their behalf. I do not deny the Paladins, Clerics, and aught of the Divine path their Faith and desire to see Evil purged...but they were all laid low and by no measure would be up to their usual fighting standards. I am thankful the threat was not so dire and most of those with ranged capacity could see them low before they were upon those who fight in close quarters, if any had moved near I attempted to intercept to let them rest further but their decision to do so....I cannot abide or agree with. I still hold high regard for those I have spoken with from time to time but I do not desire them to throw themselves into some evil entity just because of their Path. I had wished in that moment they would know that letting those who had not been laid low are capable as well even if they do not have a hand connected to the Divine...

Other than that one of the Radiants, Hymly, decided to pick up a necklace before even examining if it beheld Cursed properties....It was a blessing it did not or I fear he would have been an easy target for one. He had examined it and made mention it was a Sending Amulet. I believe he had wanted to study it more but was convinced to get it back to the Radiant's Chapterhouse.

After that affair I had lost sight of Brillvingoth and so was unable to continue our earlier conversation and path, a shame for I was glad to see him. With still a full pack from the last two days I had not got around to selling I finally did so and while I was I had overheard an odd conversation between a Hin and an older looking Human. I passed on this information to Michael and have hope he will make note of it so I may refer to it if required. During this I met up with Jillian and we decided to walk the roads South. Aside from the beasts upon our path I enjoyed our conversation, getting to know her more, and her company. We traveled all the way to Beregost to the Inn where I reside and held further conversation. I fear during all this I may have embarrassed her with my teasing...perhaps I overstepped too far? It is so hard to know what is fine to do without gaining ire. I do not think she was mad at me just embarrassed....I should be more considerate next time. Perhaps apologize? Unfortunately the lovely time we were having was cut short with a call to aid from Ezrel, we quickly gathered ourselves and Teleported to meet him. Upon the information we attempted another teleport but I believe in the haste there was a slight falter, I am not angry for it, that is but what occurred and the like of the Teleportation Incantation even if you are certain you properly performed it, sometimes it will still veer off the course you intended. We rushed ourselves to the Boareskyr Bridge and as we came down the Hill, there was a heavy smoke in the air from the dozens of fires that covered wagon and busted from the earth itself. Soon after my arrival and trying to meet up with Michael Trolls assaulted us wearing armor and aught, these were no ordinary Trolls they were quite heartier than their usual counterparts. Michael seemed aware of them perhaps something that has happened here before? I do not know but the battle was long and hard fought, towards the end of it the Hin known as Batibat shown and I alerted Michael as she walked forwards to the bridge with putrid undead surrounding her. I called for the Hin to remove the Dead but she ignored me and questioned upon what occurred. But upon the sight of the others who had been across the way she quickly departed.

It was quite amusing to see that, I was unaware though that Michael was at her heels and he moved to attack. I attempted to breach her if she had any incantations upon her just to be safe but I did not find any to fall, unfortunately we had not been quick enough when Michael began and she was able to escape to Soubar. Others followed her and I will have to see if there is a report of what occurred then but I returned towards the Bridge and sought to any fires. Among all this the Vanguard returned, Tashia, an armored clad man who held shield and but sat on the bridge nearby he seemed to have heated conversation with the Radiant but I was too focused upon the Orc called Gore, or Gorezag though I care little of it's name. The Orc was it's usual self making false claims about me, that I had started the fires on the Bridge. How foolish. The others seemed to keep in way of it while I held myself from drawing my own blade and being done with the beast. Even Ezrel stepped up, I am quite appreciative of all those who did....I did not expect that and though I was in quite a rage I was surely shocked by their reactions for me. I distanced myself from the Orc and Jillian had traveled with me up towards the Bridgefort as I hoped to calm myself and then we returned with the other Vanguards.

We returned to the Gate and had a drink at the Elf Song. Conversation was enjoyable the company even more so and even Drego showed up at one point. During all this I noticed perhaps some tension arise between Michael and Drego upon Drego's statement of not being sent to for the fight against the Trolls. I fear I forgot myself as I was in a rush to meet up with those of the Vanguard, and then the Trolls were on us..But other than that the company of them all and able to relax as such was enjoyable. Soon enough everyone began to depart their own way, I myself with welcoming assistance from jillian returned to Beregost where I could find a bath and then my Reverie...

Unfortunately I did not find it easy enough my body was restless and I could not find comfort to fall into reverie. My thoughts were of a fantastical nature, and being restless I thought perhaps a walk would aid my exhaustion to return but alas that did not occur. I did come across V'et though and we walked around Beregost before heading to look at Gullykin as neither of us had been. But he seemed off put about the size of the village, not that I do not agree, so we ventured on. He seemed to daze out here or there amidst our conversation and I am unsure why. Perhaps I should have asked, if he does it again maybe I shall...but we found what turned out to be a Temple to Kossuth. I had never been within a Temple to the Deity and to say it was hot would be gravely underestimating. My thoughts continued their wandering and we departed the area, our walk continued til the exhaustion finally caught up with me and I departed to find my Reverie. I did enjoy our time together as it was pleasant and I always welcome his company.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Eleventh of Mirtul in the Year 1356

Before I set out for the day I had taken some time to finally go over my notes after my return to view the Giants of the Cloudpeaks Foothills. I can say that my search was not without any information. I had noticed that the Giants that were nearer to the Ruins were still fearful and though I was unable to find the similar claw marks from before...I did find subtle changes in the Giants the closer they were to the Ruins. Those that were in the Tribal Camp adjacent to the Ruins were visibly fatigued in comparison to others that were further North in the Foothills. Their attacks were sluggish with the weariness that was shown in their vacant gazes, though Giants are normally of a lesser intelligence this goes beyond even their normal means. They each looked as if they had not slept in several days.

I think I will speak with the Priest that had helped her. Perhaps he may have some information, I need to settle my mind when I go over this..

After my deliberations I had met up with V'et, Jillian, and Panthan we had mind to travel to the Gnolls but with the very intricacies of the Teleport incantation I must have just slightly deviated from the usual on accident, and I fumbled it as Jillian often says...He seemed angry and stalked off I fear perhaps it harmed him more or it has happened often enough he is done with it? I had attempted to apologize later in the day but I am not sure he heard me or he ignored me...Time will tell I suppose. But moving on we ventured through the Gnolls without too much issue, Panthan having to depart once we had and we found Drego sitting at the fire near Candlekeep. We held some conversation and during he had mentioned that he was picking up Elven stated it was a need in result of the conversation at the campfire the day or so afore. I recall I had been speaking with V'et, I am not sure if that is the reasoning alone? Perhaps he desired to know what I said, but it is not an easy language you can just pick up. But I know not, I welcome the thought of those learning my language so that I may be able to speak it more here but I would want it to be because the language made them desire to, not what my words may be. Along with that Panthan is also learning the language unfortunately I had forgotten to ask why, he attempted....something and it was butchered at best it was quite amusing and yet also it harmed the ears in hearing my language spoken so...but he tries and we must start somewhere.

While we had been speaking with Drego, we were called out by Michael to gather at the House of Vale. A lovely place upon entrance but the sum was to hear of Eva's findings. Unfortunately that is not how it began, it seems those of the House held issue with V'et on a couple of reasons. His words with Batibat which were nothing alarming other than seeking blatant information from her and his taking of the previous Dreadlord's body to the nearby Priest in Soubar. It seems that the House of Vale was unaware she was no longer the Dreadlord, a lack of information finding on their side though our own did not clear that up it may have settled the back and forth sooner. I am uncertain if they hold trust in him or Michael any longer but perhaps I might be able to mend that bridge....I have to give my own apologies for my deplorable outburst from the increasing irritation of the back and forth. Eva was finally able to give her information to the House and the Vanguard, I was well impressed with her connections made though I fear everyone missed a possible blatant possibility, unless they do not speak it for some reason so all is aware? I had attempted to bring attention but I was unheard...What I believe is with that attack on the Boareskyr Bridge and one of the letters they had found are one in the same and we have already been distracted from something. I need to pass it on to Michael as I intended this eve, perhaps he is already aware likely from V'et who I had told during the meeting, or they were aware prior.

There was some instances after the Vale meeting, Jillian rushing off after V'et teasing her, a fledgling Arcanist misusing the Weave in varying forms. Then soon after another fledgling Arcanist spoke of capturing Durald a new member of the Vanguard, with the Solipsism incantation...I fear after what happened prior and that stacking upon may have caused me to rise to anger quickly. I lectured her though I felt as if I was talking to a stone wall who did not wish to listen. I was derailed by Drego and V'et, I do not recall what she said in the mean time and decided to take a walk. Though not much long after I arrived to where I intended I was being called for a Vanguard Patrol. Between returning and arriving Drego had mentioned like earlier that he had gotten me something, he pulled free an elegant leather scabbard with Elven blade, I pulled the blade free to examine it an interesting blade and a gift from him, I am warmed by his thoughtfulness of me, I know in the past few days we have not spoken as much which is likely my fault, perhaps it will be remedied in time. A magnificent blade and yet I wander why I deserve it? But with sending to nudge Michael finally arrived and the Vanguard patrolled through the Fields of the Dead and on to the Yuan-ti, neither showed anything out of the ordinary and there was little to report. Afterwords Michael had mentioned that with the growing of the Vanguard he was going to need some help in the Leadership department, me? He asked that I chew on it per his words and it is a lot to chew upon. Am I fit for it? Do I believe I could do it? Would the others be accepting of me still? By the Seldarine I do not know..I am not adverse to it, that I do know. I believe I want to think on it a bit more hopefully I can do so..

I finally accepted Jillian's offer of walking the road again we traveled the same as the last time, less to deal with and while I have been trying to find a proper name to call her she brought up my earlier question of her apprehension of the Undead. While I learned she also feared being underground and within tight spaces two other things I will have to keep an eye upon we arrived in Beregost, I had also asked about why she dons the hood so much while she gathered her strength for the previous question. She asked instead if I rather she kept it off, a curious question indeed though I answered with having never seen without. Hood after these days was removed and she revealed herself. The first I noticed of her features were the her eyes, blue like a lovely sky on the day of Greengrass, skin near the color of porcelain with a light dusting of freckles upon her cheeks, her hair was dark in color with tousled locks that were pulled back and secured at the back of her head though a few strands framed her face as they could not be contained. She did not say much when I studied her under the flickering light and later within the Inn she made mention of her ugly mug. But as I told her then Beauty is in the eye of the one who beholds it. To which she asked how I did, I but answered that she should keep your hood off more for she is not without your own beauty. Even if she does not think so. We moved within and continued our conversation before the fire, we spoke a bit more and then she was finally ready to answer my question.

She told me a harrowing story of a companion long ago who had perished at the hands of a Necromancer, but not only that he was brought back to life through Undeath and traveled ever closer to her...I held sorrow in my heart and concern for the story given to me so freely. A pain I could see with her gaze and demeanor that still haunted her to this very day after six winters long. I cannot perceive how she strides forth through but I am glad for I would not have her company. I did my best that I could to console her, I am uncertain if it worked but by her words it seems to have. Then our conversation changed towards myself, she asked if I was aware of those who fancy me and what I thought upon it. That she and V'et have spoken on whether I have or not noticed who those may be and aught. I answered and I am becoming aware of some instances from a few people but at first I did not think much upon what I noticed. I enjoy the company of those I am around.As for what I think....I am still figuring it out but as I stated I know I enjoy the company of those around me and it is not something I wish to lose..especially when I have not held it before.

I laugh softly at this moment of the memory of those words and then V'et coming through the Inn with a cursed helmet that adorned his head as a bow, Jillian was about to say something more when this occurred and we lost ourselves in the fit of laughter. I but wonder if he was listening the whole time out of sight and did so or if it was but coincidence....either way it was amusing all the same. we were able to draw ourselves back to what she was about to say after our laughter subsided. She seemed to be fighting herself on whether to speak or not and murmured what she though was to herself words of the same thought. It is quite endearing to see others fluster when it is not you yourself. She attempted to beat around the bush as they say before finally confessing that she was fond of me. That what she had said before about being glad we met was in sincerity and I am all the more blessed for it. I know not what makes me deserve those who have told me, as I told her with...perhaps too much closeness from myself. I should not have held her chin and brushed my thumb along her lower lip. I should be more in control of my reactions to others as I said that I am fond of her as well that I enjoy her company greatly but I also wish to learn more about her before I rush into anything. I do not want her to hold back her feelings for me, I want them to continue. I want to experience them but I am also still finding my own way on the Coast and I am still finding my way with the intimate feelings given to me by others. She told me she was overjoyed and that she understood everything I said, for some reason i was worried what ties I was building with those I call friend was going to fall around me and I would be quite alone again. The path of a Bladesinger is often walked alone, but I do not believe I need to be alone to see that path.

My Protector are the words often said by Jillian, I do not know how well she understands that is something I seek to be a Protector as a Bladesinger does. But with here on this Coast it is not just the Elves who need it but others, Humans and aught alike. I cannot falter like I have already. I cannot be proud of my path that I continue to walk with the eyes of my mentor watching over me if I do not. It has been just over a tenday and already I have gained and lost more than I have ever owned since coming here. I will see them all safe in the days to come, that I promise.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Twelfth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

I fear most of my day I spent on my own thoughts and yet I have much to write about still though it feels like little at the same time. But Drego and I were able to catch up, he passed some information along to me about his search in the Foothills of the Cloudpeaks. He said that he is trying to track down the Abyssal dialect that is used, what Plane it may be from, and the Species. That the bodies that were atop the Ruins have been destroyed and desecrated, the symbol defaced from view...that is worrisome to me and I fear I am not moving as fast upon this as I should be....it is unknown though if it was by the carrion birds or something else. He also stated that there is no more activity outside the Ruins and the Entity that may have been within he could not Scry it. He is also trying to recreate the symbol....I have been a bit fearful myself to recreate it in honesty... I- I do not want what befell Amicia to strike anyone else, though he seemed determined I worry. He also said that he would be researching the Ruins to see if there is anything else...I need to speak to that Priest and...By the Seldarine I wanted to observe her body afore she was buried, I did not press to have that chance as my mind was filled with loss. I will see if the Priest aids before I dare to disturb her rest..

I will have to write up my reports on these findings so far but with our trip coming closer I was able to move my horse and my things out to Nashkel just...as I was told just in case something goes awry. I worry for the Vanguard and these possible repercussions, if it does happen it is my hope to build it back anew. Only time will tell I believe.

While finishing up the last of my moving I encounter Rudolf along the road and he mentioned he had a gift to give me. Again I do not know why I deserve these though he had mentioned it was because I was so sincere and a friend to him which is hard to find around the Coast. Perhaps though I fear I have not noticed that myself...is that just because I do not truly see it? He gave me a pendant that I wear now which helps against poison and can also remove it, though I have one already I welcome a second and the gesture is thoughtful of him for me. Should I be giving gifts to those I call friend as well? I feel guilty that they give me such items of value and I have done nothing in return...the trials and tribulations of learning the social aspects between friends is confusing, but I hope I live up to their standards of me. I did notice though upon his showing of his own that it was completely similar to mine in the make of the amulet and the stone as well. Though he had mentioned he had them made at the same time it also seemed that they were with intent to match. He also informed me that he has gained powerful friends in the area as he put it and to one he gave his blood. He gave his blood to a Blood Magus he does not know, he does not understand what can be done...I wish the gentle kiss upon our held hands did not feel as if it was a goodbye. But I cannot tell him, I cannot tell him for I am one. I can only guide him to find his own answers unless I wish to risk myself, there is a a veil that can be so easily torn if you fall too far in it's knowledge. I feel it within me a calling to something more I can reach, more power I can obtain if I let go and fall into the Siren Song that calls. That which is like a whisper in your ear from a lover. I...need to move away from these thoughts. Now.

The Magus he spoke of I obtained no name as of yet but I will have to try, the two are entering a business deal and this was his cost...I implored him to replace it with something else but he is determined. For it is not just for that but for his own safety if he required it. He made an analogy of the magus that he was recluse like a spider in it's web I let my thoughts get the best of me perhaps knowing where Rudolf travels to and thought and asked if it was related to Dhaerow. He voiced it was not and I have but my trust in him to believe his words. But he and the Magus have similar thoughts upon this Tavern and creating a Neutral Ground where all may enter, good and aught alike. Perhaps it will come to fruition but the cost he pays is far too high, this is more than his life he is giving.

During this we noticed a possibility of someone scrying us, though nothing was found and perhaps I became paranoid for little reason other than wondering who would want to do so, this lead to our departure and though cut soon. I found V'et and seeked his knowledge of the Detect Scrying incatation, thankfully he knew and I have now placed it into my own repertoire. I have hope I have no need of it. Between then I was able to speak with him and Jillian some though my head was still reeling from what previously occurred. I am thankful they were unaware of my worry and I was able to enjoy their company for a little. As I went to study the scroll Rudolf contacted me and wished to test a theory. Though this was during when a woman I have spoken with a few times though I cannot remember her name or if I gave mine. Her skin was of a deep brown color similar to freshly turned earth, hair as black as the ink I write on these pages of mine, I fear in my distractions I made little eye contact to know them. But she wore a symbol of the Human Deity Ilmater and suddenly brought question after question upon me. That I was within the ranks of Michael's guard, if I knew of the Cultists within the Fields of the Dead though she was unspecific until speaking of a rumored foray within. Instead of answering as it is not my information to give I asked that she speak with Michael, I fear I do not know her well enough or her connections or anything other than a follower of Ilmater. I likely did not with the recent scrying upon me and was but tense of the whole affair still, and worried someone may be listening on me. After her departure Rudolf and I tested his theory and offered dinner, I am still uncertain of it all myself but perhaps I am still on edge. I also accepted the invitation to dinner as I fear I had not eaten most of that day, we arrived at the Friendly Arm Inn and settled down within the confines of the building.

With our drinks and meal ordered for conversation ensued he asked to learn more about me though I know not what to give there is little to know about me and if I left anyone behind. I but informed I am as I am, an Orphan, with no one left behind but my previous mentor. But I noticed something when he asked upon my own family and so with inquiry of his I learned that he was mostly raised by a Half Orc of all things called Tross. He does have family within Amn, uppercity merchants, who seem to want nothing to do with him. He and Tross were headed down the Coast moving from Ship crew to crew trying to find passage to where they intended. Unfortunately the last ship he was on the Captain did not fancy Orcs and so took it out upon his Half Orc Guardian Tross. Tross tossed him overboard in hopes of safety and fought most likely while he heard screams. Tross he said did not make it and so he swam until another ship picked him up and took him to Baldur's Gate. Our conversation continued and he made a few flattering comments to myself..about my ability with sword and the Art. He then asked about my reaction of the scrying that I must be hunting something that would make me so tense. But I just have not been scryed before and I but wish to know why someone would. I am of little import being new to this Coast. He asked if I was involved the Witch Hunt of Batibat, I believe he made mention to those that followed her path as she escaped me at the fire ridden Boareskyr Bridge that day. He stated that animosity between the House of the Blackrose and Radiant Heart had stirred, that Soubar does not want the Radiants into their town hunting fugitives for it causes nervousness in the Merchants and the like. Because the Radiants had not spoken with the Dukes while hunting within Soubar for a fugitive. That Soubar does not care ofr the Gate fussing within their borders, and it sets those on edge like the House of Blackrose. I had not known they held a connection there but when I inform I cannot speak as to where it came from. I fear I do not have the skill to lie well so it may be best to omit..but that Stehl is also one who has such information for he does not wish to be outed from his further business with the Blackrose.

It seems also he made it clear to his employers that the Vanguard was not to be harmed, especially me. He stated that he has become fond of myself and the Vanguard. Some more than others and others much more but he does find V'et to be troublesome, though that was not his word...I wish V'et would be less of so he truly is not that way just others have not seen what I have. After that I sought to find my Reverie and departed Rudolf's company.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Thirteenth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

Oh gracious I have been so busy of late with my newer duties I have not yet had time to put what has transpired into here, finally I am able to do so.

It is quite amusing to me how Ernest and I had both thought to contact one another upon our each acquiring of the Detect Scry incantation. I am grateful that he had put thought to me and even with recent times of uncertainty I just hope to see that there is Good...and I pray it is not all a lie, or I fear for myself and how I will be around others. Little had occurred after that and then I hear word from V'et that some of the Vanguard had sought to head into the Nashkel Mines, I made my way to Nashkel by the Teleport incantation and prepared by Book while I waited for them to gather. During so Tigen had come up and we spoke on my being there as he seemed to find it odd, I suppose with only his eyes finding me near Baldur's Gate more so it is surprising to see otherwise. I feel I may have been there longer than intended as V'et came over an retrieved me. Albeit a bit rudely in regards to Tigen as he did not say anything and but took my hand and pulled me along. Instead of continuing as I thought we would to the mines he suddenly stopped in the middle of the bridge with others milling by, turned around and kissed me! He kissed me..! No warning! No indication! I thought I was possibly having a fantasy but I was not. I leaned into it having thought I was and by the Seldarine I am so embarrassed at how I acted, inability to speak properly, my face felt as hot as a Fire Elemental...exaggeration I know. Unfortunately he had to depart to speak with someone which left us unable to speak upon what just occurred. So I decided to finally catch up with the rest of the Vanguard only to find that they had not gone too far and we decided to go back and retrieve Jillian.

Upon returning to Baldur's Gate, I caught sight of V'et and it seemed his meeting had fell through. I wanted to speak with him about what transpired earlier if anyone was going to set out again, we did not intend to. It seemed though no one else decided to and Ezrel and Jillian had caught up with us. While speaking on things I fear I cannot exactly call, a man and a woman stopped by with the Caravan and asked for our assistance. Again V'et had business and as Drego had arrived he was to fill in, ourselves and four others were to see them safely. Specific details can be found in my Whitewood Vanguard report but it was a hard lost battle, the Caravan was destroyed and we had lost one among the group, a Radiant named Aesa, along with a few of the Flaming Fist who had assisted us in time. I feel as if I had failed in some manner, I should have realized the possibility of the Trolls attacking and should have forewarned the man and woman. We should have had more, we were unprepared...we were beaten. I had some injuries sustained from the battle and with Jillian's determined anger had found help and my injuries were taken care of. I know perhaps I should have said something but I see to others before myself and do not want them to worry over me. A fault of mine perhaps that I hope I can overcome in time.

While V'et went off with the large group that gathered to try and rescue Aesa, I decided to take the time to rest and work on a few reports. Drego and I spoke until Ernest informed me they were unable to save them but that they had returned. I gathered my things and ran out to find Ernest by the Watch Tower and V'et by the light post. I was thankful both were safe and went to see to V'et, it seemed as if he had sustained some wounds but all looked to be mended. It seemed as if the rescue was going well and an attempt at parlay was to be had until the Druids who began it, instead ended up antagonizing the beasts and the attempt failed. I do not know if it would be prudent to have them accompany on such dire instances, or at least let someone else speak. I am just glad he was returned.

Not much occurred after, some jovial conversation until Drego, Jillian, V'et and I traveled to the Temple of Mystra. We had stopped at the news board and I....had not noticed before that Amicia had left a note there. I saw other disrespectful and respectful replies before I took it down, the note remain with this book on the ink blot page..to remind myself. We made it to the Temple where V'et inquired about our thoughts on Mystra. Jillian did not have much to say and Drego showed interest in how she held so much power compared to the other Deities, but that her goal is noble. My turn came up and my reason is that though I am an Elf and follow that of the Seldarine, if it was not for her I would not have access to what I do. There would no Bladesingers, that I would not be able to protect those I care for and myself. Though I also agree with her Dogma,

"Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips its actual performance. Magic is Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged in the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic."

Far too often of late I see many being careless with the Art, a certain female comes to my mind especially. But getting back to it while we were there V'et told the story of Mystra my guess was in hopes to cheer up Jillian for her thoughts on being a Innate versus a Longstudy like myself and V'et. It was a beautiful telling and I am surprised he has not stepped into becoming one of her Faithful or rather more of her Faithful. But perhaps that is something I can speak with him upon.

Jillian had decided to apologize to me about her earlier behavior towards me after the Caravan battle. As I often tell her she has no need to and that she was right about it all. I should have told instead of playing off my injuries as if they were of little consequence. She held great concern for me and I should not have dismissed it. After amends were made I was reminded by V'et's words of distrust towards Ernest of some information I needed to pass on to him. I took us just outside an Elven Village deep in the Misty Forest, a place I would call home here once I figure out how I can gain entry. Continuing on, I passed on what I had known to him of the Blood Magus and Ernest and this only seemed to enrage V'et. Of the knowledge of Ernest having given over his blood to a Blood Magus, of he and I speaking from time to time. That he had no trust in me, that he gives questionable information and that I divulge it concerning the Vanguard. This infuriated me that he suddenly held no trust in me. That all we spoke of was general conversation of our pasts, news of the day that all would know, and discussion about the Art and all. He continued his path spewing that the item I was given may just be nothing and only a tool for him. I did not know then as I did not want to believe that but....I did check when I made it to the Temple. He wounded me with his words like no other has done before, how such harm could come from the lips I had kissed not but some marks ago..he can curse me, he can spew his hatred for me, he can distrust me but I will not let him dishonor Amicia. Not to my ears...so I ran. I ran to her sanctuary with his words echoing in my ears to Run as it is something I am good at.

I made it to the Temple of Chauntea, Amicia's place to be when she wished her piece from others and I collapsed on the stairs as my sorrow overwhelmed me. I could not cease them. Jillian contacted me and I let her know where I was, not long after she arrived to console me, I am glad I have her in my life. She is a dear friend to me and does not know how much she means to me. I believe someone who tends the temple had arrived but I do not know who and gave little care, after enough had been shed I took the Amulet Ernest had given me and sought to find any secrets it may have held by use of Identify. I found nothing. All of that, for nothing. Jillian made mention that he was upset with himself after I left, breaking his hand against the stone that was nearby, after other conversation I calmed and had hoped to speak with him to tell him that the Amulet held nothing, but he was odd. His words sounded like him and yet did not, upon his telling of where he was Jillian and I rushed to the Boareskyr Bridge to find him in that awful helmet he keeps. He was distorted as has happened before, he was not himself and though the fury of many were within me I could not stand by and not help him. That helmet haunts my memories and it is all I see, I hear that distorted voice of his and shudder in fear. Fear for myself, fear for himself...it is a terrifying item that I need to get away from him. He relies on it far too much in his Divinations and at what cost? Why the need? I need to look into it further..

He seemed to respond to me and I was able to get near to him, I thought he was coming back to us and wanted to help him, to protect him but I fear....I fear I escalated it. I used the Mind Blank incantation and what shred I thought was returning was ripped away as that harrowing voice entered my ears with his question of why I hurt him. I was not prepared or slow in my reaction and he was able to send me down with Bigby's Forceful Push, I could have stopped him but each time I started to break free I was caught again. He left, I was not sure I would see him again and after fighting with Jillian to let me run after him she calmed me down, made me promise not to go after him. That she would find him and speak with him, that she wanted to help but did not want me near him right then. I held anguish within my heart and let it out in a scream at the air for being unable to do anything. I know not what to do, so I sought my reverie in hopes of better memories.

R. D.

Last edited by Habitu on Fri May 22, 2020 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Fourteenth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

I do not believe I found my Reverie easily last eve, certain memories etched themselves to the forefront in my minds eyes and it has been troubling to properly find it. I manage but...I am tired. V'et came up to me and apologized and said he did not remember what had transpired...perhaps a blessing for him and a curse for Jillian and I. To make him uncertain what occurred but not know what truly happened, and I do not want to pain him with the memories that torment me. But he was himself again and that settled what pain I had when I saw him. He had not remembered anything until after I had left, after his...harsh words to me. We spoke on the amulet, his jealousy, his concern, and of his hand that he had injured quite abysmally. I fear I had not tended to it then, I suppose I thought he would seek a healer over my lowly ability with a Healer's Kit. V'et had to depart and I gave proper report of what transpired the day Aesa of the Radiant Heart had been taken. I do not deign for incomplete information to be spread so I believe it was in help towards the Guide of Candlekeep as I have heard her to be as well. I hope she did not see offense but I have no seen else wise to believe it so. V'et had returned and was able to inform of the secondary instance that I had not been on myself.

I cannot recall how much later but V'et was called to the House of Vale and asked that Jillian and I come along. I am beginning to detest meetings. Nothing is done and accusations are always thrown, animosity heightened, and nothing built in the way of bridges between all. I am not sure what I can do to try and protect such, we need what allies we can find...We met with the self titled Master of the Arcane, Sun Elf, Azariah. I cannot take or understand her ignorance of the Arcane and yet she calls herself a Master. I fear I will go off on a tangent if I continue further, V'et and she spoke of the Horn that we had passed on to them. I am glad to be done with it to be honest, the audacity some beheld. I believe it will be best if the Vanguard can gain its own sanctuary for such items. Perhaps it is something I can look into though I am uncertain where to begin, would the Darius Merchants know? A thought..also of amusement, Jillian had been given a Dragon Statue now named Ophineus by the Arcanist, though I wonder if she is capable of that say so and we may have to return it later.

Sometime after our departure from there we had meandered to near the Merchant in the Eastern Farmlands, I cannot recall everything as it aggravated me but Freyja as I barely know her to be rudely asked to pull a Tiefling's tail even if I am wary of the beings, that is like demanding to touch the ears of an Elf, inconsiderate, and unlikely to happen. I left as the threats went back and forth the issue not of my interest even though I still wonder why the Tiefling had set her eyes upon me before the interaction..

V'et and I were able to speak finally though it was short, I believe what we were able to say has helped what transpired between us knowingly and unknowingly to him...but alas another meeting he was called to and so we, though I wanted nothing with it, traveled to the House of the Radiant. We found them outside and this leads to my report of continued search for Aesa by V'et's attempt at Scrying. I need to find a way to get this helm away from him, to find out what is wrong with it but I have yet to broach the subject with him for fear he may flee or be fearful of me..

I fear my sense of time is lost a little, I know we went to Corm Orp, V'et, Jillian, and I. We spoke on swimming and I believe while they spoke I went to mending V'et's hand as it seemed he still had not had it healed. He keeps stating it is a reminder for him and it does infuriate me, the damage was massive to say the least and I did my best..I can only hope it helps. I try to observe it now and again, make sure the bandages are replaced and no infection has begun. The one known as Suul came upon us at...coincidence. She and V'et spoke upon the Horn, her intent that it should not be within the House of Vale, though why she did not speak with them I do not know, it was no longer in our hands for that matter, which also was expressed. Eventually we met up with Michael and a few others outside of Corm Orp, this is where I accepted becoming a Sargent as I found out of the Whitewood Vanguard..I am still unsure if I am a fit. A Tarina of Candlekeep was called upon to see about acquiring the Horn from the House of Vale, again we must middleman for what reason I do not understand. But such as it is.

Michael spoke with a possible recruit, Leo who wanted to take the time to know us and join us on patrols, to which I observed on. I believe he will be a good fit and before I sought out my Reverie, Jillian as she often does well in in regards to me gave me reassurance that I would do well in the position I have gained, I seem to have their trust but yet I still wonder myself.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Fifteenth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

I fear this day did not start off so well as I thought it would have. A few of us had gathered at the fire and Robert, bless his intentions, brought up afore a few who have spoken their desire towards me V'et's previous jest of wanting to marry me as Humans do. V'et as he does not know Robert just wanted him to go away at the time..this seemed to rile something in V'et and he asked me rather on the spot and afore a few people if we were a thing as he put it. I fear I was surprised and shocked so I did not answer right away, as well I was fearful of the others who have desire for me as well may feel sudden, that I would lose their friendship if I rejected them on this answer. I wanted to take it slow with those who have done so when I make my choice but...By the Seldarine I fear this is more taxing than learning the Long Study! I had sent to him trying to convey my intent but I fear it only wounded him and he departed..with less than kind wording. I knew with those I have touched in some way I would wrought pain in them as well, I did not expect it so soon. I followed him not long after and found him on the stone bridge where he had stolen a kiss from me, not so long ago as I believe to be otherwise. We conversed on what lay between us..my worries of the others and more, as well as our budding relationship. I am of course elated and yet also fearful of the new course my feet tread upon, but time will tell if it is to be.

Michael introduced the Vanguard to a new recruit, a Tiefling named Mishala, I have not had much in the way of speaking with her as we all set out for a patrol but Jillian heard word from Durald that he needed assistance, I and V'et went with her as there is safety in numbers. Durald was livid to say the least spouting about a woman who conjured a Demon , we found it to be Laura the one how had deemed to threaten V'et's life afore me previously, I placed varying incantations upon myself expecting resistance to our intentions of seeing her dealt with in proper fashion. I remained unseen to her eye while V'et spoke with her, we were set to escort her to proper authorities until the Xvarts ambushed us and she had fallen in the process. I cannot say I was against such an outcome, after that well there was a spiral between Drego and Durald as those with him did not have his back as those of the Vanguard should. If we leave each other alone what can we expect when we are all together, distrust would reign and I could not have that. I fear though a fight broke between Drego and Durald and I was unable to stop it, neither would listen and I am supposed to be their Sargent. My first day as it and I cannot even make sure they do not attack each other. I had informed Michael I would speak with him but not long after he called all to the Arena so that Drego and Durald may spar against him...seeming to not require anything from myself. Before such I fear I failed in trying to get an understanding from both Durald as I was uncertain where Drego had gone off to.

Durald and Drego fought a few rounds against Michael, Michael trying to instill them that everyone in the Vanguard has each others backs. Others sparred and finally I had against Drego. I was in slight surprise that I had bested him to be honest. Perhaps the training I have been doing putting my lessons to action has been valuable. I also sparred Jillian without having been prepared prior, it was an experience and even if I prevailed I had gone too far...I asked her to yield and she wanted nothing, so I continued but when she called for it I had not pulled back quick enough and nearly...I went too far. I was not happy with myself, I still am not even under her reassurance, I also noticed V'et was angered by it as well...At some point during the spars V'et and Jillian had bridged a possible rift that may have been had, something I am glad for, for I cherish them both. V'et and I spoke upon my heading something within the Vanguard be it Arcane or else wise.

Drego made mention and notice of my disappointment in him with how he conducted himself in regards to Durald earlier which started the whole mess though somehow solved by fists perhaps...I do not know or understand myself. This day ended with my intent to find Reverie and V'et bringing up that the statues in the Northern Farmlands under the open gazebo were statues of myself and that various ones dot Baldur and it's interiors...amusing if also embarrassing for him to announce.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Sixteenth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

Today was the meeting at Elturel with Lord Dhelt and a number of others, as I knew meetings were not for most of the Vanguard, Durald especially, I decided to take those available on a run through the various dens of ilk to lessen the possibility of a ruckus and varying outbursts. There was little of note that happened while we did but I think my intent of it worked as there was no issue to be had during this meeting...other than the desire for something to eat to which I gave he and Jillian my Elven bread. The meeting was long and drawn out to say the least with everyone needing their say or what have you. A few I have not seen before gave their input because titled was held but their name I had never come across in my time so far here near Baldur, or even the Coast. I am not keen on these proceedings and it seemed the Lord was anxious to be done as well, I hold pity that he continued to sit through the others goings on while constantly mentioning his need to depart. Michael did what needed to be done with what the vanguard can offer and I have hope this Lord will make use of the offer given. Time will tell, as for the Vanguard we are not tied by fealty or oath, though I could see some finding ways around such circumstances. But I worry some may not tread so lightly as others.

After all that I met up with Brillvingoth who seemed to want to speak with me on a matter while I wanted to discuss a possibility of him joining the Whitewood Vanguard, to sum he did join and I am quite thrilled he has. Brillvingoth in what I have come to learn insofar is that he is a good man with good intentions, another I am coming to believe to be a good friend as well, though now I recall we did not get that drink he asked for and I do owe him that...How inconsiderate of me. I will have to make it up to him when I see him next.

This day did not end well at all, the Vanguard gathered near the House of Radiant in preparation of rescuing Aesa, the scout force set to see to where the lost Radiant Aesa resided, and if able to help her escape. Michael passed on to me the heading of the Vanguard as he went to assist the scout force. The Vanguard and some others with us took hold of the Rear Vanguard, now as I read it before me I can see why they were making so many jests, those with me. After a long wait for word from the Scouts, we finally set out to assist as we could and those with me helped me to make certain the rear of the force was not taken by surprise. We pressed into the Troll Claws and as expected they came for us, as I thought our intent was to push through to where the Scouts informed us to be. Unfortunately and perhaps I should have been sending with Michael when able to have an understanding, but we had not gained much word from the Head of the House of Radiant, Aaron. At one point we were at a standstill on a plateau with multiple avenues of assault able to be upon us, a poor placement of strategy to be sure, I did not see too many Trolls in our way for forward progress to continue but perhaps another plan was made that was unannounced to the rest of us. We remained in that space for far too long, others wards were waning while Trolls would come upon us from the hills as well as the various avenues. I did my best to keep those under my care on two points but the Rear Guard's number was not the same as the others. I should of called for aid from the forward guard but as we were being assaulted so was all of us entirely. It was a folly to stay still, it was poor judgement to stay still, we knew it would be and that is why at the beginning we knew we had to move with speed, yet we did not. A few of us called out in trying to understand why we lingered there and finally after some time we were answered that the Scouts reported that they were sending everything our way. That we were to hold for as long as possible so the Scouts could see the captives out. The constant battle was wearing on mind and body and eventually I believe at the words of the Scouts we retreated though not without our own injured and wounds, I among them.

Nearly everyone departed after we retreated other than those of the Whitewood Vanguard and Tashia who made mention of waiting for the Scouts to return. I made contact with Michael and not long after he arrived with harrowing news. They had rescued some of the captives but the lost Radiant, Aesa, had perished in a way I hope to never see myself. I noticed it took a hard toll on Michael, after his report was given on what happened we decided to gather at the beaches of Ulgoth and give remembrance to the woman who was lost this day. I fear I did not know her myself, I did not have much to give but support to those who did know her. Michael knew her that I do know, the others I am uncertain but it was a day of defeat and we did what we could. During all this a traitor of The People had showed up in random, a face I will not forget that is for certain.. Beyond this various Truths were given and Drego had revealed that he grew up at Zhentil Keep...this was surprising to say the least, Michael having been well into his drink directly inquired if he was a Zhent. Drego denies but I have this prickly sensation when I see him, I do not trust Tieflings but I did not know he was a Tiefling til after I knew him, now this? I do not wish to place uncertainty but it sits in the back of my mind wondering if I had blindly trusted someone else and may find out...find out something we try to fight against. I beseech the Daughter of the Night Skies that it is not the case..

Another truth was by V'et of our relationship to which Jillian asked myself about and well I confirmed with awaited rejection of her friendship, but as often she surprised me. She said she was happy for us both and I am greatly thankful for that, that I have her in my life. As I tell her often she has done more for me than she knows.

R. D.

Habitu

Unread post by Habitu »

Seventeenth of Mirtul in the Year 1356

Today started off with a chat with Lady Netanya, a welcoming and cordial woman who I have come to speak with on quite a few occasions. This day though she was intending to find some others to speak about a Scout party to head into the Troll Claws and find what may be supplying the beasts. There was some miscommunication on my part but I believe we cleared that up easily. I have not heard if she was able to find any others, I think I will ask her when I see her next...as long as I remember.

Ezrel and I spoke not long after it seems he wanted to gift me something? But he did not have it at the time, I do not wish to remind him either as it is a gift and I am not expecting just simply remembering. I spoke with Drego not much later and he but wished to inquire me with last eve's knowledge if I had any questions...I am still uncertain to be true. I do not know what to think but I know I do not want to think the worst, I am not Michael or V'et who do so, I like to have hope that it is not always the case. I am not even sure what to ask besides what he has already answered..

I caught up with V'et who was out near the House of Vale, he seemed agitated from something when I arrived , we may have slightly trespassed by standing on top of the House of Vale to watch the night sky and moon rise while I inquired about his agitation he said that seething jealousy had taken hold of him over the varying comments of skirt chasing and innuendos. After and I will quote this verbatim as it has burned in a memory. "You're a welcome memory that I cling onto long after we've parted, from even the faintest of smiles as you peer through a crowd toward me, to the way you hold yourself high walking through adversity." I am truly awed by the way of his words and as I said to him I wish I had the same skill, but these words were said before his deeper confession of his heart to me "I find myself missing you even when you're with me, our partings seem to linger in an eternity, contrasted only by the brief limbo of comfort where we are now. I've found myself falling for you." Words such as these are hard to forget when eloquence and vulnerability of saying them meets one's heart. I cannot deny that I do the same, search for him in the crowd of others, a desire to hear his voice, feels his lips against my own..it invades my thoughts and I should push through before I get lost in them for a time..and unfortunately even if I had desired further time there Michael had sent to inform that the Vanguard was setting out for training and so too did we.

We traveled through the Reaching Wood, and not much seemed to be different than the usual there. V'et and I did speak of my leading of the Rear Guard yesterday if I enjoyed it. I do but I am also quite worried with the lives that hang upon my choices, my decisions...If I decide wrong a life may be lost on my account. It is...weighing. Eventually we made are way through the Forest of Wyrms where there was nothing to account that was out of the ordinary...other than a moment where we found out Michael had been made stone while on patrol. We stopped in Soubar to trade where we saw Batibat though no engagement was made in regards to a Mag. I had stopped to purchase some scrolls and the group had gone ahead as V'et and I were in he was fiddling with a few things in his pouch when I noticed a vial with a red liquid within...I knew, I knew what it was, what he dabbled in. I inquired and he readily admitted not wanting to lie to me, I am grateful for that but now I worry. I inquired of whose it may be and he answered it was his own to which I am thankful for. He did not seem far along as I was. I felt a need and so I removed my gauntlet and showed him the wound in my palm, showing him my own use of the same Art. He asked a few questions why being the most notable to which I answered I was not as strong as people believed me to be...and in his own words he said I did not need it yet said he did. Hypocritical of us both to say the least..trying to ward the other from seeking further depths. He asked if The People knew, if I was marked. I was not, no one knew outside of myself until now. He then showed me...things that I do not wish to write here, I will always remember like a scar on one's skin. I know why he did, and it worked. Now if only I could fine some way to dissuade him as well.

Not much more happened that I can recall, here again I write before finding my Reverie.

R. D.