Journal of Batibat Kasdeya

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Rain

Journal of Batibat Kasdeya

Unread post by Rain »

Mirtul 13th, 1356
My, High Clergy have been hounding me far to long to put my memory to paper... I don't understand the need for such cautionary measures to recite my thoughts into this book but, if it will get my advisors to stop pestering me to do so then so be it...

Where do I even begin... I suppose I should start with the "masked acquisitioners" it appears the one that offered my first gem foretold me of a problem that will plague the Undercity if not handled with haste. Oozes and slimes plague the maintenance tunnels above and in dark corners of the tunnel do they grow only to find nooks and craneys in the mishapened floor above. He fortold me that the oozes and slimes above are the cause of the gelatinous cubes and they would only grow in number until they are taken care of... Ive seen many horrors that plagued the city other then the uncontrolled dead and his word do speak true, it seems the gelatinous cubes only grow in number day by day and at this rate they will overtake the number of undead in the city, if not simply to devour them all over time. I decided to take my advisor Julius Baptise along with me as well as a new-bone who had bent the knee just that day by the name of Simo a very... "exotic" myrkulite of the faith who had brought another with him to give their devotion to the city. Non the less... I found this to be a good test of faith for New-Bone Simo and so he came along into the maintenance halls above with me and the High Exarch to eradicate these oozes and slimes before they become a real problem...

We explored the maintenance halls with a keen eyes and sharp wits. The halls themselves I must admit were new to me as I myself had never fully explored the ancient aqueducts themselves. As we delved into them we came across some of the oozes and slimes the "masked acquisitioner" spoke of. There were alot more then a few to deal with as well as some lost wandering undead and water nagas. The undead were something I could sense would be here from before we arrived however the sheer amount of naga and oozes that plagued this place was concerning... We cleared out most of the tunnels and in our exploration found many anomalies inside the tunnels that foretold of information on magical wards and barriers.

Our search led us deeper into the tunnels... I am surprised just how far these tunnels reach into the core of the gate above. But what was even more surpriseing was what we saw next.

A magical barrier was blocking entry into the main core of the tunnels... I had never seen anything like it before... nor had I ever felt it's aura of blockade until now. No... That's not the aura of the ward I was feeling... There was something past it something powerful. High Exarch Julius and Simo decided to study the Rune that thwarted us for some time... I was not much help in this regard so I left it up to them while I commanded my undead that followed to secure the area for them to study it un-conflicted. Only after what seemed like hours it seemed like they finally had cracked the warding itself... The High Exarch found a way to lower the ward but only for a small amount of time for me and Simo sprint past the ward with Julius at the rear before it closed in behind us.

My previous theory was correct... There was a powerful entity here this was evident as the three of us practically walk straight into an ambush. A powerful lich and his undead rushed towards us with an intent to kill. They seemed well organized and for some reason were attempting to block us off from running past them into the chambers they came from below. We had to fight... And so we did...

We were victorious in besting the lich and his undead... But I know all to well how his kind work, it would be soon when he would return to attempt to thwart us again... However what he was guarding was far greater then anything I could have imagined...

Gems. . .
Cerebella Dreambreaker - Insectomancer

Larfleeze Keres Hamoa - Plague Doctor

Batibat Kok-Lir Kasdeya - The All-Seeing Eye

High Priestess of Necromancy, Leader of the Temple of All-Seeing Eyes.

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors."