Chionthar Ruins Transition Corrupted

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Bloodvine
Associate DM

Chionthar Ruins Transition Corrupted

Unread post by DM Bloodvine »

As of the 16/05/2020 Server Update
I'm dropping this here in this forum to increase the likelihood people see it.

I'm going to suggest people not to take any transitions in the Chionthar ruins. There is a strong chance of you crashing and not being able to log in until the next reset.

LazyTrain
Lead Builder

Re: Chionthar Ruins Transition Corrupted

Unread post by LazyTrain »

Looking into it now!
Sink Baldur's Gate.

Generally what I say is just my opinion and does not reflect the staff,

Unless it's purple, then it's my official statement as a Dev.

darwin.evenwood

Unread post by darwin.evenwood »

Don't know if it's the same issue but probably yes:
I think the whole area is corrupted because i tried to enter the house in the east of wyrm's crossing area and now i am unable to log in that character.

LazyTrain
Lead Builder

darwin.evenwood wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:05 pm
I think the whole area is corrupted because i tried to enter the house in the east of wyrm's crossing area and now i am unable to log in that character.
I'd advise nobody go into it for now. We've moved things away from all the transitions and hopefully it'll fix it next time we update. I honestly have no idea what would be causing the issues, but if this doesn't work I'll remake the area from scratch.
Sink Baldur's Gate.

zhazz

Unread post by zhazz »

LazyTrain wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:29 pm
darwin.evenwood wrote:
I'd advise nobody go into it for now. We've moved things away from all the transitions and hopefully it'll fix it next time we update. I honestly have no idea what would be causing the issues, but if this doesn't work I'll remake the area from scratch.
What is the ETA on a fix for this?
always leave a lootbag near the bad transition to warn other players, whenever I go to the Chiontar East Ruins, but do not go there every reset.

Perhaps a quick solution, until the cause is found, would be to have the house transition connect directly to the transition in the ruins?

Also, as a side-note:
Would it be possible to have in-game announcements that are read from the database?
That way any staff-member can enter an announcement (through an admin page on the forums?) when an issue is found, and have that display whenever someone logs in.
Adrian Baker - An innocent virtuoso (bio | journal)
Cane D'astaro - In service to the Red Knight

LazyTrain
Lead Builder

zhazz wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 pm
LazyTrain wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:29 pm
darwin.evenwood wrote:
What is the ETA on a fix for this?
always leave a lootbag near the bad transition to warn other players, whenever I go to the Chiontar East Ruins, but do not go there every reset.

Perhaps a quick solution, until the cause is found, would be to have the house transition connect directly to the transition in the ruins?

Also, as a side-note:
Would it be possible to have in-game announcements that are read from the database?
That way any staff-member can enter an announcement (through an admin page on the forums?) when an issue is found, and have that display whenever someone logs in.
Next update, no accurate ETA.

As for the announcements, good idea but not 100% sure.
Sink Baldur's Gate.