Unable to turn in Lizardman Egg quest at FAI

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Quality Control, Associate Dev, DM

Flatted Fifth

Unable to turn in Lizardman Egg quest at FAI

Unread post by Flatted Fifth »

My alternate char, Gwen Clairy, got the lizardman egg quest when she was lvl 19, but didn't get around to actually completing it right way due to some rp going on. When she did go back to do it, she was Lvl 20. She was able to grab the egg, but when she tried to return it to the cook he just told her she looked too experienced or something like that.

Clearly, the quest isn't meant to be done by anyone Lvl 20 or higher, but maybe in the script that triggers when you speak to the cook the check for the quest being completed should run before the Lvl check.

Code: Select all

IF the quest has been completed in the PC journal, THEN, complete quest, ELSE
   IF the quest is in the journal but not yet completed, THEN, cook prompts PC to hurry up, ELSE
    IF PC Lvl is > 19, THEN, cook tells PC to get lost, ELSE
       Initiate quest giving dialog.

I suspect what's happening here is that the script is checking for Lvl first. Really it should be checking for the status of the quest in the journal first, then checking for Lvl if and only if the quest is not in the pc's journal.

Thanks for reading!

ETA I don't know nwscript, just BASH, the above is just psuedo code to demonstrate proposed logic flow

c2k

Re: Unable to turn in Lizardman Egg quest at FAI

Unread post by c2k »

It wouldn't be something you would need a lot of nwscript to do, its more of conversation editting.

Valefort
Retired Staff

Re: Unable to turn in Lizardman Egg quest at FAI

Unread post by Valefort »

I put the level check on the quest proposal, which should solve this.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler