To the Players going around bumping into everyone

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

cosmic ray

To the Players going around bumping into everyone

Unread post by cosmic ray »

To the players going around bumping into everyone:

please be more careful and don't just run around everywhere, sometimes even with drawn weapons, while near other PCs in peaceful areas and don't bump into other PCs. If you bump into other PCs, either apologise OOC if it was just a misclick, or be prepared to face IC hostility.

*edited*
Last edited by cosmic ray on Tue May 26, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
Tanlaus
Quality Control

Re: To the Players going around bumping into everyone

Unread post by Tanlaus »

I try to be careful about this myself. But it does happen, usually when I click to move to a location and my PC decides the shortest point between two lines is a half circle.

Sometimes I apologize OOC, but mostly people just ignore it and keep RPing as if nothing happened. That’s what I do when people randomly bump me mid conversation, just pretend it didn’t happen. Because more often than not it’s just wonky game mechanics.
cosmic ray

It's very easy to tell when it's accidental and when it's not. As per the description in my original post, this thread deals with the latter case.
Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow »

it is like in the great character Hall Nexus some are bumping in to others as well annoying like hell
Xorena

Unread post by Xorena »

If it is intentional IMO it would be nice to have an emote or something to indicate what the intent was, if any. Half of the players don't even fill out their character description so this may be asking a little much.
Eroica Hersbrucker, dungeon scout and hired blade

Helpful references:
Complete arcane spell list.
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

If nobody emotes they pushing my character, I pretend it didn't happen.
c2k

Unread post by c2k »

This is dangerous logic because it also means that by the sheer sight of that ugly half orc face, I smash you with an epic spell, or assassinate you with my "1337" hiding skills.

Bumps are going to happen, especially when the server rubber bands during high population.

EDIT: And many people don't fill out descriptions because people love to metagame off the descriptions.
cosmic ray

Again, I'm not talking about just any accidental or unavoidable bumps. I'm talking specifically about people who run around the place bumping into everyone without a care to even say "sorry, that was unintentional"; that's all it takes and no hard feelings then. I bump into others unintentionally too, and I usually apologise OOC if it's in a peaceful area and context. I also say "excuse me" if I want to access something or someone and people are in the way.

This behaviour is very rude OOC and also IC. It doesn't take much brain power to avoid playing like the Hulk. Come on.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Ironically, I don't think any players mindlessly bumping everyone even read the forums, heh.
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
Xorena

Unread post by Xorena »

KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:56 pm Ironically, I don't think any players mindlessly bumping everyone even read the forums, heh.
Or who don't fill out descriptions.

What you read is what you see, is how I view a description.

You see a tall man with scars and a wicked looking sword. Not sure what kinds of descriptions people are writing that would be considered metagaming. It can be short and sweet.
Eroica Hersbrucker, dungeon scout and hired blade

Helpful references:
Complete arcane spell list.
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

c2k wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:28 pm This is dangerous logic because it also means that by the sheer sight of that ugly half orc face, I smash you with an epic spell, or assassinate you with my "1337" hiding skills.

Bumps are going to happen, especially when the server rubber bands during high population.

EDIT: And many people don't fill out descriptions because people love to metagame off the descriptions.
Description/examine is just a general view, you can leave out secret information from it.
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

Accidental bumps happen, especially where wonky walkmesh is concerned. There is, of course, always going to be those mute-runner types with default bios that will bowl you over on their way to sell their oodles of phat l00t, but on very rare occasions they will engage in reasonable RP if your character reacts appropriately(which is also rare, considering how annoying getting pin-balled around by runners can be).

In the case of players purposefully bumping into your toon, well... that's where it can get fun :twisted: I remember about 5 or 6 years ago where two new players decided they would be super-duper trolls about it, and repeatedly steered their toons into mine. Eventually they decided it would be fun to try and block my character against a wall while talking smack. After I managed to wriggle free, I scooted around a corner and laid a deadly trap on the ground behind me... I wish I could remember if one or both of them took a trip to the fugue that day. Either way, I howled long and hard about it, and I never encountered those trolls again. :dance:
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
ajcolt

Unread post by ajcolt »

It's rare that anyone does it intentionally. Even if someone does intentionally without an emote it's best to just ignore it. Unless someone emotes something via rp it doesn't happen. If a player has their toon routinely bump into yours and otherwise troll your character over a period of a couple months then just report them to staff as that is definitely harassment.

Return to “General Discussion”