Running a Minotaur

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Lichy Popo
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 am
Location: Brooklyn

Running a Minotaur

Unread post by Lichy Popo »

I cannot put into words how much I want to run around as a Minotaur, so imagine my surprise when I found a Minotaur head hak amongst the Half-Orc heads. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The lack of Minotaurs around immediately made me wary that I was not within the BGTSCC compliance, and after some priceless Rp'ing (Why are halflings so damn much fun?) I was informed by a particularly vitriolic and apparently offended player that I was indeed in violation. He was pretty harsh(foolishly mistaking me for a noob- when in truth I've been drooling on my keyboard over this server for months. I'm on my fourth keyboard now) and I decided I would put it on hold for now until I understood more.

So I REALLY had this character planned out. I don't know how much everyone gets into this(varies I'm sure) but I draw and muse over these things obsessively; making diagrams, illustrations, quotes, I researched Yurtrus(my deity), wrote some poetry(jk lol), but seriously, I put some real thought into it. Literally spent a day making up a storyline. I am not just trying to be a Minotaur for attention. I had intended to start in the Underdark as an escaped slave but whatever, the surface is still good for an "escaped" slave.

SO CAN I PLEASE BE A MINOTAUR Y'ALL?? I PROMISE I WILL BE A FANTASTIC ROLE-PLAY ENHANCING MINOTAUR... I understand the nature of races and keeping the rping realistic with reference to accuracy of era and locale withing the Forgotten Realms. I am not trying to be difficult. But an errant Minotaur here and there makes sense.

Anyway I just REALLY want to be a minotaur; and more specifically to personality an example of what happens when a semi-intelligent being of subhuman race is brutally enslaved and escapes to a world that judges him while still holding the promise of freedom, if not equality.

He is Chaotic Evil now, but who know what will happen on the surface... My first day was a mixed bag of great RP'ing, with both solitary and fun and intense persecution.

I'd really appreciate hearing people's constructive thoughts on the matter, and some Dungeon Master approval would be nice too :oops: ? Even if I can't run this guy, I still wanna discuss.



...Or is this idea just Bull?
"But Baphomet was defeated. One myth says the Horned King hurled himself into the Abyss rather than face the final judgment of the gods."
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Running a Minotaur

Unread post by Luna »

You really shouldn't play a Mino. It's not allowed.
Due to the way the mino head hak worked it opened up that head option to players who try a half-orc.

People who try to play a mino get killed on sight and give up.

Some where around here there are some funny screen shots of a player continuously getting killed on the bridge out of baldurs gate.
He couldn't even get past the bridge with his mino character.
07paul87
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:14 pm

Re: Running a Minotaur

Unread post by 07paul87 »

Psssssh, give up?! Have you already forgotten the exploits of Ur'Grak: Prey of the Bloodpaws?
Seril Thickfoot--The only *real* Seril
Ur'Grak -- Your befuddled neighborhood minotaur
Hraligar Shatterstone--Xenophobic dwarf
Thur--'Da smoosha' fo' 'da Bane
Boric Smethel--Insane human warlock
raetin
Retired Staff
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Running a Minotaur

Unread post by raetin »

Hehe, I've never heard of Ur'Grak. Though I'm an UD player. ;)

Regardless. Luna's word is law. :twisted:

Return to “Questions for DMs”