OK, So I just rolled up my third character, as the first one was to explore topside with a friend to show me the server, the second was to create a BDF to see how unfriendly the combat was for beginners in the UD, and to provide a slave for a certain character (Now said slave is being randomly hunted, ahah, need to figure out why...)
So, the third character is the one I am mainly going to play, and I spent a lot of time thinking on her and making her a wonderful (In my opinion) Drow for the cool RP in the UD. One little problem:
A nice GM sent me a Direct Message (I think you guys call it a Tell?) all green, I think his/her named was Ansient? And he/she informed me that I can customize my appearance (like clothes?)... I now know I have no idea how to get to the "Never winter nights eye menu" or whatever it was called to do this.
Also, now that I have your attention, why do I randomly keep getting 300XP? It happened about a half dozen times for no reason that I can think of, and I am hoping I can get an explanation for this, as I do not want to be booted for accidently exploiting a glitch.
Anywho, this is my first post here, and yes I tried searching for my answer but my search-fu skills are rather fail...
Thank you everyone for setting up such an awesome server! I can not wait to log in a second time.
How do you change your appearance? Also XP poofing...
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Tears of Destiny
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:17 pm
- Location: Rice Pudding, Dessert
How do you change your appearance? Also XP poofing...
A broken mirror mask, a thousand flames flicker.
Dancing in the flames.
Niki Fotia: Back after two years from the coast.
Dancing in the flames.
Niki Fotia: Back after two years from the coast.
-
raetin
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm
Re: How do you change your appearance? Also XP poofing...
Hey hey, welcome to the server! Especially the UD. 
You can get to the appearance changer via the player menu. It is usually in the bottom left of your screen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NWN2Layout.jpg
It is the neverwinter nights eye in the bottom left of that screenshot, for example. There is an option there for the appearance changer.
The 300xp gains sound like a DM is watching and enjoying / impressed with / etc. your RP. In fact, it was probably Ansient if you are in the UD. Keep it up!
You can get to the appearance changer via the player menu. It is usually in the bottom left of your screen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NWN2Layout.jpg
It is the neverwinter nights eye in the bottom left of that screenshot, for example. There is an option there for the appearance changer.
The 300xp gains sound like a DM is watching and enjoying / impressed with / etc. your RP. In fact, it was probably Ansient if you are in the UD. Keep it up!
-
ragnarok1983
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm
- Location: [troll/bot]
Re: How do you change your appearance? Also XP poofing...
I think there's a bug on occasion as I randomly gained 165 XP every other round or so, three or four times. I was in the Nexus. DM's were running events.
It was a real laggy night that night though. (Saturday night)
It was a real laggy night that night though. (Saturday night)
Last edited by ragnarok1983 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paws "Paws rode a dragon once! Uhm. Scales are... uncomfortable. Learned value of saddle, yep-yep."
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric BarringtonThe Politician (Died of starvation after a long torturous existence following him losing his career)
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric Barrington
-
raetin
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm
Re: How do you change your appearance? Also XP poofing...
Thanks for the info Ragnarok, will point the staff over to this topic & see if anything is up.
I wouldn't worry about it regardless, Tears. If this is a bug, you will not get dinged for getting XP from something you cannot control or avoid.
I wouldn't worry about it regardless, Tears. If this is a bug, you will not get dinged for getting XP from something you cannot control or avoid.
-
Tears of Destiny
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:17 pm
- Location: Rice Pudding, Dessert
Re: How do you change your appearance? Also XP poofing...
Oh cool, thank you very much!
I will play around with the appearance changer then, easy to find.
I will play around with the appearance changer then, easy to find.
A broken mirror mask, a thousand flames flicker.
Dancing in the flames.
Niki Fotia: Back after two years from the coast.
Dancing in the flames.
Niki Fotia: Back after two years from the coast.