Can I include a bit of "Angelic Heritage" in my Description?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Tears of Destiny
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:17 pm
Location: Rice Pudding, Dessert

Can I include a bit of "Angelic Heritage" in my Description?

Unread post by Tears of Destiny »

I was hoping to roll up a Aassimar with a large amount of Angelic Heritage, and fitting for her to be a flavored soul.

I was wondering if I could somehow incorporate wings into her description, as I was thinking that it could be an interesting link to her heritage, and would tie in nicely with the D&D corebooks giving them wings eventually for the Favored Soul Class. (I know I know, this is the computer game not the books ahah). I was also noticing that there is a certain armor type that has winglike things on it, and could be fitting (I think the Armor made for the default Dwarven Defender Class?).

Obviously I expect the wings to do nothing and grant no benefit, just to add flavor to the description.

Another question: I was hoping to be able to use the voiceset "Companion - Kaelyn" for the character. Would this mean that I have to worship Illmater? I am fine with that in truth if I have to, but I wanted to know for sure.

Thank you for your time.
A broken mirror mask, a thousand flames flicker.
Dancing in the flames.


Niki Fotia: Back after two years from the coast.
raetin
Retired Staff
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Can I include a bit of "Angelic Heritage" in my Descript

Unread post by raetin »

Hey, was waiting for a DM to reply. Until one of them has a chance, I can provide a bit of direction on the subject.

Tieflings are maximum 1/4 demon. I would imagine aasimars are the same. So that's the max you can have.

Wings are pretty much out. The reason here is going to boil down to "we can't do it for you because we can't do it for everyone else, too." You are welcome, however, to wear armor with winglike additions that you find in the armor builder.

I'm pretty unsure on Kaelyn's voiceset. All in all, I'd say not. You'll just need to be careful about using voice commands that mention Illmater if your toon is not worshipping him.
Hydrocarbonated
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: Can I include a bit of "Angelic Heritage" in my Descript

Unread post by Hydrocarbonated »

I'm going to have to go with 'no' on this, as well - we try not to have anything too exotic. We ask that people play what is on their sheet. Since you won't ever have the wing graphic, it would at best confuse other players.

There are a number of other ways you could choose to express the angelic heritage of an aasimar, though. A number of our aasimar players have picked a specific celestial type they descend from, and draw inspiration from that to express their physical traits.

As for the voice set, if it's selectable you can use it, I suppose. She will say an awful lot about Ilmater, so you should probably either use that as your deity or be prepared to answer some funny questions from time to time. I knew someone in NWN1 who used the Durnan voice set. That means every time he attacked it sounded like Sean Connery shouted "Get the hell out of my inn!" Made for interesting times.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."

Return to “Questions for DMs”