Lore of Sshamaths defences, forgotten or ignored?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Amal'launim
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:18 am

Lore of Sshamaths defences, forgotten or ignored?

Unread post by Amal'launim »

I've been meaning to ask this question for some time, but it didn't get through the approval filter last I tried and I sorta forgot trying again, so here it is:

I'm Interested in knowing whether the below Epic Spell is actually functional IG or not, as I'm sure that would have pretty far reaching consequences for the playstyle down in the UD or if it's just sorta been ignored/forgotten?

Subject: Lore: Everything needed to know about Sshamath
Kelsfar wrote: Defenses
[-snip-] The most formidable of these defenses consist of epic spells that harden the stone, lock down the city in a continual Dimensional Anchor, redirect Teleport spells cast by strangers, and cause paralyzing pain to anyone within a 1 mile radius who seriously thinks about attacking the city or its citizens.
Should this bit be removed from the official lore section about the Underdark, or could we at least be provided with a fair DC to avoid this? =P *happens to know a handful of drow or more that would need to make regular saves against it*
Amal'launim - She's up to something...
raetin
Retired Staff
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Lore of Sshamaths defences, forgotten or ignored?

Unread post by raetin »

It is a bit of both I think. That lore was copied wholesale from another site. I don't think the implementation of that particular spell would be fun, fair, or particularly interesting for players.

So, probably will not go in. ;)
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: Lore of Sshamaths defences, forgotten or ignored?

Unread post by mar3usmc »

We'll just say, as is in the lore, that another one of the defenses is countering this defense. The schools are in such competetion with each other over who can make the best defensive measures they sometimes unknowingly create a defense that cancels out another defense, or sometimes creates a wholy different defense. I think this is a good explaination why your PCs won't be feeling the effects of this defense unless it was say... focused by a diviner.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!

Return to “Questions for DMs”