The Nine Hells, A section of Nessus

Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Area Design

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

The Nine Hells, A section of Nessus

Unread post by mar3usmc »

Hey all,

Someone had mentioned to me ingame about spawns of balors and other demons, etc... I mentioned that I actually had made a height map for a section of Nessus, the 9th layer of hell (so were talking about devils now, not demons). They were curious to look at it, so here it is:

These are just pictures of the area from the four corners. For those of you who don't know, Nessus' main feature is a place of infinite bottomless ravines. That area with all the plateaus rising up is where you would start, at the highest one, in a cave with a portal, at least that was my plan. You would make your way down across rock bridges, or regular ones, connecting the plateaus, all the while possibly being shot at by erynes. You would need to go through another cave system as well. Once at the bottom you will see an offshoot of the river of styx and whatever else I can think up to put down there. The main large ravine will have another cave system you can enter and lower down and exit and land bridge allowing you to cross to the other side into another cave system. What happens from there could be anything.

The area was originally being designed for DM Jinx for one of his events. Unfortunately life dealt him a bad hand and he is still getting thing back together. Perhaps one day we may actually see that even take place. For now though you will just have to imagine the many ways you would die in this horrific place ((just use your imagination, I know it is only a height map right now))

Image

Image

Image

Image

And just to give you some size perspective I put in a toon and zoomed in piece by piece.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Hope you enjoyed
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: The Nine Hells, A section of Nessus

Unread post by Eviloth »

I really wish I wasn't so smacked down with A&P. I would love to jump back into mapping. Even if it was just fixing walk mesh! Right now I am addicted though to the little time I play to Playing and the RP in the Mori'hyanda. Thanks for the work you did Amon on that little npc.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: The Nine Hells, A section of Nessus

Unread post by mar3usmc »

No problem, hope to see him ingame sometime... well... ermmm I do, but Amon really would not like to meet Cythis as a Drider ingame unless he saw him coming. Ummm he hits hard. :lol: :twisted:
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
tooley1chris
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: missouri

Re: The Nine Hells, A section of Nessus

Unread post by tooley1chris »

I love making this kind of interior area. I use it a lot for cave systems so they dont look so...2D. Honestly, the tiles system works well enuff fer man made interiors but for natural, not so much, IMO.
This has "No Saving Throw" written all over it...

Return to “NWN2 Area Design”