Nividia Geforce 8600 gt graphics problems.

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Kicker930
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Nividia Geforce 8600 gt graphics problems.

Unread post by Kicker930 »

Hi everyone, I am still currently trying to find the right drivers to roll back to make it work with the game, I can't roll back the drivers through the properties so I am required to find the drivers manually, and I am having problems, so if anyone can give me a link so I can began playing again, I will great appreciated.
Leon Falconclaw
Kicker Dragonsblade
Riam Oakaldspan
Hydrocarbonated
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: Nividia Geforce 8600 gt graphics problems.

Unread post by Hydrocarbonated »

Look for the 1.96 drivers. If nVidia doesn't have them, Google should return profitable results.

If they don't work for you, try the 1.95.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
jmbrosendo
Retired Staff
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: Nividia Geforce 8600 gt graphics problems.

Unread post by jmbrosendo »

Go here, and it will supply you with a list of newer and older drivers.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk


Remember you may need to uninstall your existing driver first.
Forever thankful and amazed at all the hard work of DMs, developers and staff that kept running and improving the server over the years.

Login: Cachucho
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Nividia Geforce 8600 gt graphics problems.

Unread post by Luna »

I'm having this problem now to.

Thanks for posting this info. I'll try it and see if it fixed my issue with my Geforce 250.
Vallyn
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:35 am

Re: Nividia Geforce 8600 gt graphics problems.

Unread post by Vallyn »

Luna wrote:I'm having this problem now to.

Thanks for posting this info. I'll try it and see if it fixed my issue with my Geforce 250.
There is beta driver up on the Nvidia site that was posted just 1 or 2 days ago.

It fixes all of the sky/ground texture issues for the 8000 series cards, the 9000 series cards and also apparently the 2xx and newer cards as well, even the newest ones based on the ION chipset that do not have 196.xx rollback drivers to go on.

8.17.12.5896 is the full driver version from July 10, 2010 with a July 12, 2010 release date and the "street" name is 258.96.

You can find it on the Nvidia support download drivers "Download beta drivers" page.
"Sshamath's Houses still exist today, but a drow's House is no more meaningful than his tailor - perhaps noteworthy, but essentially unimportant." F.R. Underdark Campaign Setting, Oct 03

Return to “Questions for DMs”