Orange Belts
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
ultimatechampion
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:27 pm
Orange Belts
I bought an orange belt called Blade Barrier, lesser. It says it gives Damage Reduction 2/Bludgeoning. It also has a short paragraph description saying that it protects the user's vitals from piercing and slashing damage. So I assume that is what it should do, however, it does not seem to resist anything. I tested specifically against a Lizardfolk Chieftain who uses a spear. Do these belts work? I do have 3/cold iron Damage Reduction from Warlock, but they should stack, shouldn't they?
-
mute83
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm
- Location: in my cave (denmark)
-
pho_
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:03 pm
Re: Orange Belts
These belts do work, usually.
I have one as well and it seems to get bugged sometimes. when it stops working, I just take it off and put it on again and it seems to start working again.
Try it on the wolves, that's the best test, as they only ever do 1 damage, and i dont think its bludgeoning, so wolves should never be able to damage you with it on, even on a crit.
I'm not sure what circumstances cause it to stop working, I haven't figured that out yet. but my guess is its lag related (everything gets screwey when there is lag).
I have one as well and it seems to get bugged sometimes. when it stops working, I just take it off and put it on again and it seems to start working again.
Try it on the wolves, that's the best test, as they only ever do 1 damage, and i dont think its bludgeoning, so wolves should never be able to damage you with it on, even on a crit.
I'm not sure what circumstances cause it to stop working, I haven't figured that out yet. but my guess is its lag related (everything gets screwey when there is lag).
Also: BRAINSSSSSS!.
-
DM Sword
- Posts: 661
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:56 pm
Re: Orange Belts
I was told those belts wont stack with damage resistances such as that from a warlock class.
-
YourMoveHolyMan
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: Orange Belts
The belts work, but those resistances wont stack, the higher will take precendent. If you happened to be hit by a non-blunt cold iron weapon, it should absorb 2 dmg.
Michael Dunn
“It'll be your damnation, boy. You'll wear out a hundred pairs of boots on your way to hell.”
― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
“It'll be your damnation, boy. You'll wear out a hundred pairs of boots on your way to hell.”
― Stephen King, The Dark Tower
-
pho_
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:03 pm
Re: Orange Belts
I do not think the DR stacks either, which explains why the belt doesn't work for you. I was going to mention that in my first post, but i figured you knew that already. You must have edited your post because you didn't mention you had warlock DR when I read it last.
Also: BRAINSSSSSS!.
-
ultimatechampion
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:27 pm
Re: Orange Belts
I appreciate the advice, but I've tried that many times. A DM even took the belt and gave me a new one that he claimed should work and told me to test it and to contact him if it didn't. The new one did not work. He had logged by the time I tested it, though I would still like to know if I could get a refund? There is clearly a problem with these belts.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Orange Belts
ultimatechampion.... Does Pho_'s answer make sense.
I didn't know that when we were talking IG.
I didn't know that when we were talking IG.
-
mute83
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm
- Location: in my cave (denmark)
Re: Orange Belts
what i ment was, i dont think the warlock DR and belt stackI do have 3/cold iron Damage Reduction from Warlock, but they should stack, shouldn't they?
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
-
FallzQuick
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 pm
- Location: USA, Oregon
Re: Orange Belts
from my understanding the belts and warlock do not stack.
Ramir~Male Human Surface
Vine~Male Air Genasi Surface
Jers~Male Earth Genasi Surface
Yasha~Female Human Surface
Flax~Male Drow UD
Norian~Male Duerger UD
My Rogues you'll have to find: 2 Surface 2 UD
Vine~Male Air Genasi Surface
Jers~Male Earth Genasi Surface
Yasha~Female Human Surface
Flax~Male Drow UD
Norian~Male Duerger UD
My Rogues you'll have to find: 2 Surface 2 UD