Is it working? It doesn't seem to be. I was completely obliterated by a beholder last night, who stripped me down to my codpiece! I would have expected my dragon slippers with an 18 SR to at least slow it down a bit...
My pc has died twice in the last 24 hours and both times it was against a spellcaster who sliced through my buffs like a hot knife through butter. One was a mage or cleric I was in melee with. I don't know much, but I do know that when a fighter gets close enough to a spellcaster to score hits on their body, it's usually over for the spellcaster...
Just a minor grumble - I lost lost 2400 xp yesterday, and both fights I expected to win, even though they were tough. Is there something wrong with spell resistance? Human warriors want to know so they can run whenever they hear anyone cast...
Spell Resistance
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Spell Resistance
Items with SR will only block 1 spell, and then the SR just vanishes.
It's a game bug.
You have to re-equip the item I think to get it working.
I have a fix for this, but it falls into a bit of a gray area.
The fix examines your whole inventory each time you equip something to find your highest SR and applies it as an effect so it never wears off.
This is a bit CPU intensive.
Each 11 hours the server is up there are something like 50,000 - 100,000 equip and un-equip of items.
Soo,.. I'm a bit worried about the CPU overhead this fix will add since we are pushing CPU limits with 75 players IG.
There fore the fix is kind of in Limbo right now for this.
It's a game bug.
You have to re-equip the item I think to get it working.
I have a fix for this, but it falls into a bit of a gray area.
The fix examines your whole inventory each time you equip something to find your highest SR and applies it as an effect so it never wears off.
This is a bit CPU intensive.
Each 11 hours the server is up there are something like 50,000 - 100,000 equip and un-equip of items.
Soo,.. I'm a bit worried about the CPU overhead this fix will add since we are pushing CPU limits with 75 players IG.
There fore the fix is kind of in Limbo right now for this.
-
Hydrocarbonated
- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm
Re: Spell Resistance
Item SR is too low to be worthwhile, in any case. Burning up CPU cycles for zero effectiveness isn't a great idea.
Beholder eyebeams aren't really subject to SR, I'd bet - the script is weird, and he opens with Anti-Magic Cone, which pretty much wrecks everything good in the world.
The beholder is the reason we can't have nice things.
Beholder eyebeams aren't really subject to SR, I'd bet - the script is weird, and he opens with Anti-Magic Cone, which pretty much wrecks everything good in the world.
The beholder is the reason we can't have nice things.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Spell Resistance
Ye a lot of the OC loot is like this. Big yeah for SR12!!!Hydrocarbonated wrote:Item SR is too low to be worthwhile, in any case. Burning up CPU cycles for zero effectiveness isn't a great idea.
We are trying though for new loot to set the SR in the 20's so it's at least useful against lower level creatures.