Hello,
I was wondering if there is anything planned to fix parts of the Pale Master class. I am speaking specifically about the undead summons and the undead graft. The former are horribly weak for one who is supposed to "master" in the undead. Indeed, the wizard spell "create greater undead" produces a far superior undead minion than the best pale master summon. That does not make sense. What is the point of becoming a "master" of the undead if a normal wizard can create an undead minion that is just as good? Perhaps Pale Masters should be able to summon multiple undead (if this is at all possible) to reflect their mastery of the undead.
Undead graft does not function how it does in PnP. At least in NWN1 a Pale Master was given a cool looking skeletal arm, but now even this has been robbed from the class.
Indeed, the only things pale masters have going for them is the additional ac and the immunities (which, and correct me if I am wrong, are buggy at best). They have 1/2 spell progression, which is a huge blow. In PnP they have 9/10 spell progression.
I feel that these changes would bring the class close to how it operates in PnP. A Pale Master is a master of the undead. The current powers of the Pale Master do not reflect that.
Pale Masters
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
franktheskank
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:04 am
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
Pale Masters
Zor'than (Solarion)
Glurg- Urk shootah
Ug- A massive, hulk of an orc who enjoys smashing....a lot
-Aspiring Zoologist
Glurg- Urk shootah
Ug- A massive, hulk of an orc who enjoys smashing....a lot
-Aspiring Zoologist
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Pale Masters
Right now there are no plans to do any further mod's to a pale master.
What does it summon? I forgot?
A shadow or a vampire?
Also, crit immunity does work if you reach level 10.
We fixed that.
And as far as I know all the other immunities the class receives do work ok.
I haven't gotten any complaints about them.
What does it summon? I forgot?
A shadow or a vampire?
Also, crit immunity does work if you reach level 10.
We fixed that.
And as far as I know all the other immunities the class receives do work ok.
I haven't gotten any complaints about them.
-
franktheskank
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:04 am
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
Re: Pale Masters
The Pale Master's summon greater undead is the summon greater undead spell.
Zor'than (Solarion)
Glurg- Urk shootah
Ug- A massive, hulk of an orc who enjoys smashing....a lot
-Aspiring Zoologist
Glurg- Urk shootah
Ug- A massive, hulk of an orc who enjoys smashing....a lot
-Aspiring Zoologist