Server Rule 17

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Amal'launim
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:18 am

Server Rule 17

Unread post by Amal'launim »

Subject: SERVER RULES - MUST READ
Administrator wrote:17. The server and all interactions are to be rated PG-13. As such, portrayals of graphic nudity, graphic violence, or any sexual content are strictly prohibited. If you are unsure of what these ratings mean or require clarification, refrain from the activity in question until you can ask a DM.
I'd like to have this one clarified, because... RP in the Underdark has never been PG-13 from what I've seen.

Does this mean that we can't make graphical described emotes of whipping others? We're not allowed to graphical describe cutting someone with a knife? We're not allowed to have a graphical described brawl?

I definitely know I'm in for a ban according to that rule based on previous RP... and that RP has been with DM's being present and looking over my shoulder. I even got a 500 XP reward once because my character gave a rather explicit detailed whipping to another drow. I once got a magical sacrificial knife because my character brutally maimed and then sacrificed an NPC during a fight, virtually turning a long encounter into a bloody rite to Lolth in-combat. (aah, the days of being a low level *sighs*)

But this leaves me a bit confused =/, can you please help clarify the extend of the rule to me?
Amal'launim - She's up to something...
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Server Rule 17

Unread post by Luna »

Amal'launim.. if possible talk to a DM IG.

I think we want to avoid going over every case here on the forum as it will just turn into a romper room discussion.

The main thing bringing about this rule was we are catching people doing ERP.
And we have kids IG and don't want them being exposed to this and certain other things.

Locking this thread. I hope this helped a little bit.

Return to “Questions for DMs”