I've been searching for more information concerning the Shadoweirs, and all I can find is that they are specifically referred to as knights. According to the FR wiki (which I consider reliable due to the fact that most of it is word-for-word from the sourcebooks), "The group of Shadoweirs serves as a type of religious knighthood of the woods. Members are activist and proselytize with zeal, and are willing to go on the offensive on behalf of their sacred forests. They seek to advance the regrowth of ancient forests reduced by civilization, and to halt the endless assault of civilization on their ancient homeland."
This leads me to a question.
According to the game mechanics during character creation, it is possible to play a paladin of Mielikki. Would it be possible to join as said paladin, provided you were one of the Shadoweirs?
The Keepers of the Elder Circle (shadowier)
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Higher Porpoise
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:26 pm
- Location: Waters around China
-
caveman_282
- Posts: 264
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: The Keepers of the Elder Circle
Does She allow Paladins to follow her?
Why cant rangers be considered knights of the forrest? But Shadoweir are Ranger/Druid class combo as far as NWN2 goes. They should be evenly split. But Join the circle and we have more info there as well as a sect of Shadowier.
Why cant rangers be considered knights of the forrest? But Shadoweir are Ranger/Druid class combo as far as NWN2 goes. They should be evenly split. But Join the circle and we have more info there as well as a sect of Shadowier.
-
mute83
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm
- Location: in my cave (denmark)
Re: The Keepers of the Elder Circle
what about a cleric? havent we allowed them now?
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
-
Higher Porpoise
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:26 pm
- Location: Waters around China
Re: The Keepers of the Elder Circle
I'm talking the archetypal knight figure. I don't doubt that rangers would be considered such, but what I've found points more towards the archetype.caveman_282 wrote:Why cant rangers be considered knights of the forrest?
-
Mustang
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:34 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: The Keepers of the Elder Circle
As far as I know, shadoweir is a Ranger/Druid multi-class combination like caveman_282 said.
Volomirror Aleksys
-
Allyn
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:11 pm
Re: The Keepers of the Elder Circle
IG there are a few Shadoweir around. But they are not paladins. Multiclassed druid/ranger is the typical Shadoweir calling.
Calen Lasgallen, druid/ranger
Faelar Laelithar, ranger/sorc/AA/SD
Alak d'Zranthrae, rogue/fighter/sorc/assassin
Faelar Laelithar, ranger/sorc/AA/SD
Alak d'Zranthrae, rogue/fighter/sorc/assassin
-
Higher Porpoise
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:26 pm
- Location: Waters around China
Re: The Keepers of the Elder Circle
But could paladins call themselves Shadoweirs, given that they were paladins of Mielikki, as the game allows such a thing?
-
caveman_282
- Posts: 264
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: The Keepers of the Elder Circle
Char types of nature are Neutral of some sort. I dont see a LG paladin following a Deity of nature. I would suggest looking at the Deities allowed classes and see if any allow paladins. If none do then I'd say NO. Perhaps check into Ranger/druid/Divine champion.
-
Hydrocarbonated
- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm
Re: The Keepers of the Elder Circle
Mielikki is Neutral Good and allows paladins.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
-
Xanfyrst
- Posts: 1274
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:12 am
- Location: In Sierante's naughty dreams
The Keepers of the Elder Circle
I would say Divine Champions would fit nicely as Shadoweirs. Better than paladins actually.
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK.
Alistair the Red - Roaming Bounty Hunter and Underworld Contact.Lord Eliphas Valkarian "the Deceiver" -Chosen Prophet of Bane, Autonomous Agent of the Zhentarim. Immortal? ×Returned from the Beyond×
-
VinnytheSquid
- Posts: 391
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 pm
- Location: California
Re: The Keepers of the Elder Circle
Shadoweirs are only mentioned in second edition D&D. They were called knights of Mielikki as a form of slang. The requirements are half-elf ONLY, Neutral Good ONLY, and they were ranger/druids.
The ONLY official reference is page 114 of the Faiths and Avatars book (2nd edition).
Ranger and Druid has to be required. HAS TO BE, it was the whole point of their order within the Needles. I think Divine Champion fits, if it adds to the ranger/druid, but definitely NOT paladin.
I think there could be uneven ranger/druid levels with reason.
The ONLY official reference is page 114 of the Faiths and Avatars book (2nd edition).
Ranger and Druid has to be required. HAS TO BE, it was the whole point of their order within the Needles. I think Divine Champion fits, if it adds to the ranger/druid, but definitely NOT paladin.
I think there could be uneven ranger/druid levels with reason.