Gnomish Burrows?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Silvary Thielfor
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:35 am
Location: FRANCE

Gnomish Burrows?

Unread post by Silvary Thielfor »

Hi there! =)

I've been recruiting balduran gnomes to gather around a common project down the sword coast: the building of gnomish burrows.
We hoped for a shrine to the gnome pantheon(mainly Garl Glittergold and Baravar Cloakshadow), a laboratory for inventors and alchemists, a barrack for the militia, a school of illusion, a jewelry and a central place for local folklore shows and events.

I was wondering if this could be RPed and done IG and if so what would be the requirements, financially and RPly speaking?

Moreover, how can we get a private forum thread in the guild forum please?

So far, I've been lookin' around for alliances and help and was honored by the support of the dwarven Ironfaar clan.

Thanks
Drem Yeagel
Yurken, svirfneblin, Hoodwinker, Sshamath Darkwoods Ghetto
Yolil, hin, Grimwarden, Baldur's Gate
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Gnomish Burrows?

Unread post by Luna »

Hi Silvary, I think for a guild you need at least 5.
And have been active for some number of weeks.

I get asked that like once a month and I can't remember though exactly what our criteria is, so I might be slightly off there.


You can definitely do this IG.
We would need to find a DM for you.

Maybe PM the "DM" alias and see if anyone wants to help.

Just some advice.. if you get a guild going, try to keep your requests for an area simple and small.
We sometimes get groups that get started and shorty after they start they start asking for a lot of stuff.
We like to see people stick around for a bit before committing something grand.
Silvary Thielfor
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:35 am
Location: FRANCE

Re: Gnomish Burrows?

Unread post by Silvary Thielfor »

thanks for answering!

Need one or two more members and some fixed day for meeting and discussing the matter on a regular basis.

Anyway I precised that we "hoped" for those so of course I imagine this won't appear out of nothing just like hey hey merry Xmas :p even IG speaking this kind of project would probably take a year or more to see something more than a simple hole in the ground exist.

A kind of gnomish hall would be perfect to start with, then with the years going on we could see our wishes fullfilled little by little, hopefully through DM quests =) to retrieve the needed stuff (like a holy statue for the shrine, a hoven and tools for the jewelry, etc...).

Actually the main purposes were to have a plot for my PC to justify his systematic "hunt" for gnomes :p then I thought having such a project would help to gain their commitment and finally thought that RP speaking a gnome area would make sense on the server since elves and dwarves had one of their own, so newcomers wishing to start building a gnome character would find a place and gnome players to interact with =)

So all we really need to start this are more members and a gnome addicted DM to manage our group ^^

Feel free to pm us on the forums or find Drem, Drago, Frabo, Ranzwinkle or Nerbert IG ^^
Yurken, svirfneblin, Hoodwinker, Sshamath Darkwoods Ghetto
Yolil, hin, Grimwarden, Baldur's Gate

Return to “Questions for DMs”