New player hello and a couple questions

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Bluntie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:56 am

New player hello and a couple questions

Unread post by Bluntie »

Howdy all! Been led here by a friend who's recently begun playing here, and I must say I am muchly liking what I am reading so far.

Before I commit to anything though, I gotta ask a few questions.

1. First off, and most importantly to me, what's the stance on playing one of the odder, lesser races? Specifically, gnolls and kobolds. I tried a search for it, and found a little but nothing that really looked definitive. So I guess I'll just straight up ask it. Now, I'm not asking for any special bonuses or whatever, rule-munching was never my thing, I just happen to really like those creatures and think I could get some smashing RP out of it. Feel free to ask here or PM me if you want something more specific to go on.

2. Second, how hardcore is this server? I mean, I understand pretty much anyone able to RP properly is accepted here, but am I going to be a local laughing stock if I don't grind myself up to lvl 20 in month and/or con't care a great deal about min-maxing my character to absolute perfection? Reason I ask is that I've tried other servers where people pretty figured you must be crazy if your character wasn't built to be The Hero To End All Heroes.

Thanks and hoping to see you all online soon in some form or another in any case. :)
caveman_282
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: New player hello and a couple questions

Unread post by caveman_282 »

I'll do my best to answer your questions but first off welcome aboard and enjoy yourself.

1) Well I don't quite understand the questions. But, it is perfectly acceptable to just kill kill kill these NPC creatures. These races are not ableto be played by player chars so theres no downside to Rping hatred toward them. However Rping the love towards them might get a lil flack.

2) As for how hardcore are we? Well I would say for the most part you have a mix of both. You will have run ins with good RPers and run ins with those who powerbuild. Your better off just ignoreing those that annoy you and just playing with those of like mind. You can't control others so best do what ya like as far as your char is concerned. Just RP your char and whats on your sheet and youll be fine.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: New player hello and a couple questions

Unread post by Luna »

Hmm, we did have plans at one point to add in some more races like kobolds.

But the person who was working on that plan got sucked into his RL business and everything came to a halt on that front.

Maybe we will start discussing that again soon.
Bluntie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:56 am

Re: New player hello and a couple questions

Unread post by Bluntie »

Thanks both of you. And nah, I've no intention of playing someone walking around loving kobolds and gnolls. All I was interested in was whether it would be possible to roleplay one. Call me weird, I've just always enjoyed playing beast-races. ^^

In any case, no worries...if it is a ton of effort, I'm not expecting anyone to make it work just because I ask. I'll probably just get online and see what's already being offered up and roll something else. :)

Return to “Questions for DMs”