Timeline & Crafting Mechanics

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Beas1987
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:55 am
Location: United Kingdom

Timeline & Crafting Mechanics

Unread post by Beas1987 »

Hello, I have been on the server for a couple of weeks now. I play a Warlock named Havik Blackwing. I have two questions for the DM's firstly, on the server information you give the date in which the world is set and because of this (pre-time of troubles) there is a lot of waffle about gods that do and do not exist at this point. My question is thus, there is no mention of the demigod Gargauth as being in existence or not. I have searched the FR wiki and other sites to try and find a specific date for his rise to demigodhood. However I have drawn a blank and would like someone more knowledgable than I to confirm whether or not my character can use Gargauth as inspiration? It's no real biggy since he's not a cleric or anything but from a lore/background perspective it'd be nice to know that he fits in.

Secondly, Warlocks get the imbue item feat. I have asked someon in game to confirm whether or not there is a crafting system but I couldn't get a clear answer on whether I'd be able to make use of this feat on a Warlock. Basically, will I be able to get any reasonable usage from taking craft wonderous items on my character? Will I be able to use any crafting recipes and create items worth taking the time to discover, even if it all has to be done from an RP perspective?

Thanks for taking the time to read my blurb, any feedback is appreciated.
Characters: Havik Blackwing, Roarke Armitage, Toris Vekk, Zeke Llando, Viggo Strom.
Hydrocarbonated
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: Timeline & Crafting Mechanics

Unread post by Hydrocarbonated »

Gargauth is in play, as he's really more like an archdevil than anything. The gods that get shuffled around during the ToT are a fairly small list, all things considered.

Imbue Item is not likely to be used in any crafting system we implement, largely due to balance reasons. I can't give you an ETA on crafting, either.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Morndinsamman
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:57 am

Re: Timeline & Crafting Mechanics

Unread post by Morndinsamman »

The following item creation feats work.

Craft Wand
Brew Potion
Scribe Scroll
Expect the unexpected from your leaders, for that is all they will ever give you.
Beas1987
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:55 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Timeline & Crafting Mechanics

Unread post by Beas1987 »

Thanks very much, duly noted and I shall skip that feat in favour of something else. Maybe medium armour prof with a view to being the proud owner of some mithril full plate in the distant future xD.

On the note of viable RP builds, am I going to run into problems against higher level, specifically epic enemies with a pure warlock built around roleplay? I'm trying to keep him as true to the class as possible, taking weapon focus and improved crit in ranged touch attacks, balancing a decent dex score with his charisma. Focussing largly on bluff and lore/spellcraft to keep his evil identity under wraps etc.

Apologies for all the extra questions =)
Characters: Havik Blackwing, Roarke Armitage, Toris Vekk, Zeke Llando, Viggo Strom.

Return to “Questions for DMs”