Tomb of Horrors type Area

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Eviloth »

I know that the Tomb of Horrors didn't actually take place on this world. But has anyone tried running thru this at all? But I was just curiously looking thru the Vault and noticed this. Could this be implemented or any aspect of it?

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=197
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Luna »

I haven't had a chance to play it, but I have wanted to.

What are some aspects you like that you want to see?
Puzzles. Or did it have other stuff.
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Eviloth »

Well I would love to see the puzzles and traps. Obviously the nonstandard ones we are probably not used to seeing.

Sphere's of Annihilation be flung around :)
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Luna »

JmBro seems to enjoy making that kind of stuff.
Forward this off to him.
Maybe he will have some time to look at it.
jmbrosendo
Retired Staff
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by jmbrosendo »

No need, already had a look at it. :P


Looks very cool and has given me some ideas.
Forever thankful and amazed at all the hard work of DMs, developers and staff that kept running and improving the server over the years.

Login: Cachucho
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Eviloth »

Alls I can say is SWEEETNESS! :)
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
FallzQuick
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: USA, Oregon

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by FallzQuick »

wouldn't some problems require a certain amount of intelligence to pass? A complicated pattern a stupid orc could not pass that a wizard could? And if an orc player(human) figures it out and lets their stupid orc go threw would it be considered metagaming? :mrgreen:

Just a thought. Not really playing your character sheet if your 6 int orc walks threw the maze, via solving the problem, not lifting the 500lb bulder and making his own route...
Ramir~Male Human Surface
Vine~Male Air Genasi Surface
Jers~Male Earth Genasi Surface
Yasha~Female Human Surface
Flax~Male Drow UD
Norian~Male Duerger UD
My Rogues you'll have to find: 2 Surface 2 UD
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Eviloth »

Well hopefully you shouldn't be able to solo that.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Brown Radagast
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Fremont, California

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Brown Radagast »

Come on guys, don't tell me no one here has ever played through or DM'd this module in PnP (S1 - Tomb of Horrors), back when it came out?
I can still remember the foldout maps, the horrified looks on everyone's face when a silent countdown released the latest surprise trap, the...oh wait, that would be a spoiler, wouldn't it, I'll just stop now...***cough*lich***cough*** :mrgreen:
Fircair Miruvor, Archer and Apprentice War Chanter
Barahir Fei'relyn, Aspiring Bard and Archer
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Eviloth »

I had 10 people roll up 5 pc's each and I killed on average of 4/5 of each of their guys.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Tahlisar
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:42 am
Location: UK

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Tahlisar »

I've played the tomb of horrors.

I will kill the next person who tries to run it for me.
Ruthlessness is the mercy of the wise.
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Tomb of Horrors type Area

Unread post by Eviloth »

Tahlisar wrote:I've played the tomb of horrors.

I will kill the next person who tries to run it for me.
Yeah to say the least I have killed more cumulative hit dice of pc's than any other modules I have ran. Plus if you actually run the RETURN to the Tomb of Horrors with the pre/post adventures in 2nd of the city it just adds to the massacre.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”