Developer Applications

For Those That Would Like to Help Keep Our Community Running

Moderator: Moderator

sinsemilla
Retired Staff
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by sinsemilla »

I am bumping this thread.
Please read the first post here.

We are looking for an experienced scripters and or custom content creators.
If you would like to join the Team and are experienced send me a PM with a link to some of your sample work.
DM Sin
Maximus Angrius / Therro Arkanok / Hatoo Toosdg
Our life is made by the death of others. ~Leonardo da Vinci
Thrasher
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am
Location: USA

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Thrasher »

Hi,

I'd like to help with creature creation and design. I have experience with a lot of 3d software and have used the NWN2 toolset before. I've also read up on some tutorials for custom content, and will post some work in the next few days. Bit about myself: Graduated college in 2009 with a BS in Applied Computer Graphics. Did modeling and animation for a UT2k4 and also UT3 mod in college called "High Noon". I've done FX work for the documentary on PBS "400 Years of the Telescope" though I know it doesn't count for a game engine like NWN2. Give me a suggestion on what you'd like to see, just as a starter, and maybe we can go from there? Oh, my portfolio site is: http://www.subtlejustice.com I'll post some renders as I layout some placeables (Guillotine or something).
-Michael Thelissar
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Luna »

Hi Thrasher, I would say just try to modify any existing model to start with and see if your comfortable with that.
It seems like a decent amount of work to make a creature from scratch.

So before asking for anything from you.. I'd be happy to see your ok with this. :P
mute83
Posts: 705
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm
Location: in my cave (denmark)

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by mute83 »

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by mar3usmc »

Make me a Grimlock model and I will give you an imaginary cookie. :D
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
Thrasher
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am
Location: USA

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Thrasher »

So from what I've read, you can change models but you can't alter animations. So that limits things a bit. I'll modify a monster or character head and post some pics in the next few days when I get it in engine. We'll see soon about the grimlock... :geek:
-Michael Thelissar
Knightmare
Retired Staff
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
Location: One step ahead!

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Knightmare »

If you're up for it, mages and priests could really use some spellbooks and holy symbols for their off-hands. Other small misc items would be really neat too.
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
Thrasher
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am
Location: USA

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Thrasher »

Modeled the grimlock and about to sculpt/texture him up. Slow progress on being able to export for NWN2 though. Apparently 3Ds Max is the main supported software. (I've found a plugin for Blender, but I have no idea how to use that software). I'll post pics soon.
-Michael Thelissar
Liege
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Eng

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Liege »

Im willing to do Creature Design, area design, and General Dm if you want.

I have experience of the above from NWN1, have played with the toolset and do not find creature Design to difficult. Though My Dm'ing Experience was on a Melle Hack and Slash server (Dungeon Eternal X, DeX).

I have not yet come to grips with the area design, but with more time spent on it i will come to me soon enough.

Pm me if you would like to ask me more.
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by mar3usmc »

Hello Everyone,

I would just like to remind the community that we still do need more developers. All positions are open. As previously stated you just need to be in good standing with the community, and be willing to sacrifice what would be play time into development time. We need people willing to stick with us for the long haul and will finish projects they start.

If you are willing to take some of your own time to sit down with the toolset and teach yourself the basics and perhaps make a demo area/creature/script we can try to help you out with all the details you may not notice. Again, being able to take the time to teach yourself is paramount. That will also help prove to us that you are really devoted. If you are not sure where to start, or where to find more in depth tutorial of the toolset simply go to google.com and search NWN2 Toolset. You will find plenty that way. You must have be able to take the initiative to learn on your own. We can only hold your hand so much.

If you are interested in any of the positions mentioned in the first page on this forum please let Luna or I know.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
Kronk991
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:28 am
Location: US Military..All over the World

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Kronk991 »

Trust me folks...my dumb self managed to learn the toolset. In hinde sight I realize it is not that complicated once you learn it. If you have a strong desire to learn and be apart of a cool team then give it a try! There are many basic tutorials available as well.
Grunga Ironfaar- Lieutenant of the Flaming Fist
High Priestess of Clan Ironfaar

Ivan Wenthal- Guardsman of the Flaming Fist Mercenary Company
ThatPirateGuy
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:05 am

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by ThatPirateGuy »

Currently working on my Area Design demo. I'd also be well suited for Creative Writing. Should be turning in my demo in a week or so, IRL willing.
"Yes.. Err.. Well, feels good to suck it right now." - Gottmoerder
Amon
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Amon »

Hi there,


I've just made an account on the forums at the request of one of the DMs.
I would like to offer scripting help to the DEV team if you guys are still looking for more.

In-Game Names : Amon / Seto

Scripting Experience : [5+ years] neverwinter nights 1

For the 5 or so years i was scripting, modding, DM'ing and doing general
maintenance for the GameArena Nordock / Rhun servers. unfortunately
there isn't much of the scripts left that i've used, but i have played with the
NWN2 editor and built my own world some time ago.

Some of the work you might be familliar with is the Subrace stats which
i had helped Shayan a little with when i was still coding.

If interested please PM me and i will give some contact details incase there needs to be a trial run or work to be done.
Xedras
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Xedras »

Hey.

I would like to apply for a Dev position to help this project in any capacity I can. I know C++/C#/Java/Perl coding and I've been coding for NWN ever since 2003. My expertise is in creating systems for managing different kinds of features. I'm quite fast at doing things. I've created item property randomizers, different concepts for spawning encounters and loot, several different systems for persisting items in chests, banks or for companions. I also know my way around custom GUI editing, dynamic conversation tree creation, AI coding and the inner workings of many systems from the vault. I'm also very familiar with crafting systems and the needs of them to be robust, to have a powerful and easily understandable GUI to work with...and just basically being most efficient in doing anything I can do.

I've worked in developing several different NWN/NWN2 mods and have had several servers up for months and years for people to play on and experience. I'm happy when they're happy. And to me it's important to play what you create, to enjoy it yourself just as much as anyone else. That is my greatest motivation in developing.

As I have worked as a "single" developer for very long, I also have skills in creating mostly interior areas and balanced items with custom descriptions..but I feel my skills are best spent in fixing broken things in the world that players will stumble on first-hand and see. The things that make the biggest difference on whether a player sticks on for the next bend of adventuring or not.
Matherhorn
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Matherhorn »

Hi

My Name is Andrew York, my login name is GreenwolfMatherhorn

I would like to volunteer as a Graphic Artist in Area Map Design and 3D Object Creation; such as Character, Creatures, Weapons, Armor, and Texture Design such as new Model Texture like Cloaks or Armor..

I have been doing Game Graphic Design as a Hobby as well as in indie teams generated at Gamedev.com.

I am familiar with most aspects of the toolset, and have good artistic abilities. As well as I'm Disabled with no at home family and have lots of free time and would like to help out as much as I can.


Portfolio

This link is all I really have to show, my 20's I had a lot of art done, but my life was so chaotic I really never was able to portfolio much of it, but this I did after my divorce 2 years ago.. and stuff after that has been more learning the arts rather then finish work..

http://srresources.design.officelive.com/models.aspx

I think the best way I can benefit the team is in Graphic Design, I know the basics of how scripting works, and can use the basic methods in the toolset, but nothing advanced.

If interested please email me at [email protected] or Message Here

Return to “Supporting BG:TSCC”