Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting Question:

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Simian
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
Location: On a Journey to the West

Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting Question:

Unread post by Simian »

Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisites: Str 13, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Benefit: When wielding a one-handed weapon in your off hand, you gain a +2 Attack Bonus if the weapon is larger than a light weapon.
Special: A fighter can choose Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting as one of his fighter bonus feats.
You are adept at wielding larger than normal weapons in your off hand.
Valid weapons are Bastard Sword, Battle Axe, Club, Dwarven Waraxe, Falchion, Great Axe, Great Club, Great Sword, Halberd, Katana, Light Flail, Longsword, Magic Staff, Morningstar, Quarterstaff, Rapier, Scimitar, Scythe, Spear, Universal Sword (Silver Sword), Warhammer, and War Mace.
I would like to ask if the Light Flail is a 'typo' in the feat description. The discovery of this feat has made me more than edgy to create a new character around the concept of wielding multiple flails. It is an old pet idea of mine that has driven few dungeon masters up the walls. >_>
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"

"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting Question:

Unread post by Luna »

It should be the flail you can get IG.

If it didn't work, we would fix it.
Simian
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
Location: On a Journey to the West

Re: Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting Question:

Unread post by Simian »

Currently you cannot wield two flails at the same time. The game doesn't allow you to equip the second one. However, the game allows you to wield a weapon of a different kind as the off-hand weapon.

I can also report that; Battle axes, Warhammers, and Longswords work as intended.
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"

"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
Hydrocarbonated
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting Question:

Unread post by Hydrocarbonated »

Luna, we have two weapon types in game right now.

"Flail", capitalized, is a Medium weapon doing 1d8 damage, and does not count as a light weapon. This is accurate.

We also have "flail", no caps. It does 1d6 and is a Small weapon however... it does not count as a small weapon when I tested it with Weapon Finesse. It also has the base damage type of 'Piercing', when it should be 'Bludgeoning'.

This is a 2da issue, I'm assuming.

Oversized Two Weapon Fighting should only apply to the Medium-sized flail, since the Small one shouldn't be considered oversized. I'll have to check if you can off-hand the medium "Flail" - I know you can off-hand and dual-wield two "flails", at least.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Simian
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
Location: On a Journey to the West

Re: Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting Question:

Unread post by Simian »

- My testing with the Flails was done with those capital "F" Flails.
- I can now add that the feat "Monkey Grip" does not allow you to wield a Flail as your off hand weapon.
- In addition, I tried to equip a second Flail without the "Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting" and remained unable to equip that Flail as an off hand weapon.

Weapon Finesse feat is hardcoded, thus there is no way to add new Finesseable weapons under the feat. To add new "Finesseable" weapons would require you to code an entire new feat into the game, in similar fashion with Kaedrin's Intuitive Attack. Do correct if I got it wrong in this paragraph.
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"

"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
Simian
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
Location: On a Journey to the West

Re: Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting Question:

Unread post by Simian »

Edit:
I forgot that you cannot dual-wield Flails without modifications.
There is a fix to the flails though; http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... &forum=109

But if that is already implemented on the server, I have to wonder why I remain unable to dual-wield Flails.
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"

"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

Return to “Questions for DMs”