DM The Watcher's Events

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Wildelf
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 am

DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Wildelf »

Precious Potatoes

Three adventurers were searching the orc-infested caves of the Sharptooth Woods. Little did they expect to find a lone halfling made prisoner in that dark dominion. With all haste, they freed him, whereupon he immediately announced that he was a potato salesman from Gullykin, and began to proudly declare the merits of potatoes. The adventurers were forced to buy a whole sack of potatoes before he was willing to leave, despite the dangerous circumstances.

The incorrigible potato vendor was soon at Candlekeep, offering to give Guide Valerius a massive volume on the history of potatoes. As with most books, Valerius gladly accepted the donation, though at some mockery by his associates. The halfling then took the opportunity to sell two sacks of potatoes to Winthrop at the Candlekeep Inn. Sales had been good that day.

He was last spotted heading toward Beregost singing a song about potatoes.

Quote of the Day, by Dallenthel Wyndsoul: "Maybe we should tie him back up in the tent."
DM Phantom: "I can't escape from him...I never will."

Tessian Silene: You can't be serious. Seriously. You can't.
Wildelf
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 am

Re: DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Wildelf »

Arachnid Allies

Europa Star, Nayos D'Ombrebois, and Eluril Emakiir were carving a bloody path through the spider-infested Cloakwood. Suddenly, they were stopped by a frantic elf-maiden crying out for them to stop their bloody crusade through her home. The adventurers first suspected a disguised Drow due to her intimate attachment to the spiders of the forest, and her ability to control them.

The adventurers kindly and amiably complied to her requiem for them to depart from the forest peacefully. They left with the elf's deepest gratitude and the hungry spiders' deepest dissapointment.

Quote of the day: Nayos D'Ombrebois: "...well, you're welcome, but couldn't those spiders be just a little bit smaller? It would be good for everyone, I think."
DM Phantom: "I can't escape from him...I never will."

Tessian Silene: You can't be serious. Seriously. You can't.
Wildelf
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 am

Re: DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Wildelf »

Masquerade...Paper Faces on Parade

A glorious evening masquerade hosted by Lady De'vall turned into a dreadful evening of terror. Though at first the party was quite light-hearted and pleasant...
Image

...it soon turned unpleasant.
Image

The murderer was never caught, nor was the thief who stole all of the entry fees. Even the fleeing man in the disguise of a Drow ever caught. All in all, whatever evil operated that night, it was entirely successful.

Quote of the day: Skazz Stormforge: "I'm Volo, and I need to consult you on my new book: Volo's Guide to the Ladies of Faerun."
DM Phantom: "I can't escape from him...I never will."

Tessian Silene: You can't be serious. Seriously. You can't.
Wildelf
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 am

Re: DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Wildelf »

I much prefer for the storylines of my events to be heard about by IC word of mouth for various reasons, therefore, I'll no longer be posting here.

I will continue to post important rumors in the Elfsong, particularly if such news would be easily heard through the peasantry or merchants.
DM Phantom: "I can't escape from him...I never will."

Tessian Silene: You can't be serious. Seriously. You can't.
Blank
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:16 am

Re: DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Blank »

I know you no longer post them here but I'd just like to acknowledge Wildelf's great events! Two of my favourite events have come from him (Drakus and the current one). They're always well thought out, challenging and you feel like this could REALLY happen in the Sword Coast.

Kudos.
User avatar
Lambert
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 am

Re: DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Lambert »

Wildelf,

Thank you for that spectacular improptu event for the point eared ones. Truly the watcher was watching, and he pleased everyone tonight.

Your an artist and have the tempo at twichy fingers of the best DMs out there.

Lam3
12 I will make your battlements of rubies,
your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.
Aleilsum
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:37 am

Re: DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Aleilsum »

Seconded !

-Aleilsum examines the book that he paid for honestly before they had stolen the other book, the important one. Really he wanted to give it to the People of the city of Evermeet, for there he must go.

But twas possible, he thought, that the Master of the Keep might be somewhat wroth with him. Therefore he would keep it as a gift

His thoughts drifted to the merchant. He was still not sure of the wisdom of letting him live. Still, murder in cold blood was a difficult thing.

He hoped that the book that they had stolen would prove useful. And that the strange Elf Erik would not betray them. That he was not a catspaw in the hands of the Necromancers amassing an army and hunting down lady Aloria.

So many threats in this Sword Coast.-
Wildelf
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 am

Re: DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Wildelf »

I have resumed what I now miss very much: Quote of the Day!

Quote of the Day:

Hostile NPC: "Is that you? You haven't changed your disguise."
Diguised PC: "// I almost told him that I've changed my disguise three times."
DM Phantom: "I can't escape from him...I never will."

Tessian Silene: You can't be serious. Seriously. You can't.
Wildelf
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 am

Re: DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Wildelf »

"[Tell] I just realized I didn't have extend spell...so I'm giving up Dash or Epic Touchness."

That's...+2 AB with touch attacks, right?
DM Phantom: "I can't escape from him...I never will."

Tessian Silene: You can't be serious. Seriously. You can't.
Wildelf
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 am

Re: DM The Watcher's Events

Unread post by Wildelf »

Kel: "I charmed all of the humanoid enemies. It worked...like a charm."
DM Phantom: "I can't escape from him...I never will."

Tessian Silene: You can't be serious. Seriously. You can't.

Return to “Archive”