Practiced Spellcaster and Half Caster Progression

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Side
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Michigan USA

Practiced Spellcaster and Half Caster Progression

Unread post by Side »

I know that Practiced Spellcaster cannot be used to boost ones caster level over 30, but what if I were to take it with a class that gives half caster progression, like Pale Master? If I take the feat early in the class/before I get levels of Pale Master it will boost my caster level over what it should be for my level, even if eventually it will even out. Should I wait and take the feat once I have enough levels of Pale Master or notify a DM ahead of time and be on some DM "keep an eye on" list to make sure I actually get the levels?
Passiflora wrote: AS A DROW you will kill DUERGARS for like..... lvl 9 to 25. A DAMN LOT OF DUERGARS.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Practiced Spellcaster and Half Caster Progression

Unread post by Luna »

Side, PM doesn't get casting every level.
So wouldn't practiced caster always help you if your a pale master?
Side
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Michigan USA

Re: Practiced Spellcaster and Half Caster Progression

Unread post by Side »

It will in the end, but if I take Practiced Spellcaster on my fourth level of PM my casting level will be higher than it should. Say I have 10 in wizard and 4 in PM, if I take Practiced Spellcaster my caster level will be 16 instead of 12, which is higher than my hit dice. I'm just making sure having a higher caster level than my actual level in a case like this won't get me in trouble.
Passiflora wrote: AS A DROW you will kill DUERGARS for like..... lvl 9 to 25. A DAMN LOT OF DUERGARS.

Return to “Questions for DMs”